Sign in to follow this  
OtterDarkness

Update 2: Particle Beams Are Coming!

52de808d64.jpg
Tired of sifting through piles of items after those survival waves? Or maybe you just want the occasional flare in campaign? We thought those rare quality tiers could use a little more... distinction. Look forward to having these pretty colors flying high in your loot piles when Update 2 comes out!

Can you guess all the tiers by their color?

I can't handle the wait at this point ;_;

so many cool things in the next beta for sure.

Hopefully with an option to turn it off? I personally don't need any more annoying colours when I am just doing a campaign map for the reward. Even better, make it connected to the map filter, so that you can set which tiers you want to see.

@ThePoet424 quote:

Hopefully with an option to turn it off? I personally don't need any more annoying colours when I am just doing a campaign map for the reward. Even better, make it connected to the map filter, so that you can set which tiers you want to see.

It is already connected to the rarity filter.  We will likely have an option to turn it off in the future.

@ddace quote:
It is already connected to the rarity filter.  We will likely have an option to turn it off in the future.

Excellent!

This looks awesome and there can never be too many colours in Dungeon Defenders. I am really excited to play the beta and the actual release. But NOTHING can beat the Lavacorn in terms of excitement for me :)

Also, did you include colour beams for <mythical? For example uhhhm.. cursed? Probably not right?

Uhh... ohh looks nice but...

I'm worried to be unable to look through all these particles and actual see some enemies since they will be drawn so high. The connection to the rarity filter doesn't help me much since I'm always looking for mythical gear for my mythical-equipped heroes. An option to turn that off is highly appreciated, especially for survivals when lots of items are lying very close to each other.

Suggestion from my side... half the height, so we are still able to look behind a possible wall of particle effects.

I would suggest a toggle button for the rarity beams so you don't have to open up settings and disable/enable it every time.

Probably something convenient to press like tilde (~).