Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

I think congratulations are in order for the Gun Witch

She officially destroyed the competition.

Then again I called that along time ago. Magic, boobs and a gun, at least one of those aspect would appeal to people.

So looking forward to this character and seeing what she can do.

magic? we have that already

boobs? seems like the only thing you want ;)

gun? have every hero.

dont know why gunwitch won, its just another ranged dps hero

lavamancer -> new gameplay

barbarian -> real melee dps

atleast we get every hero soon

@Nelly quote:

gun? have every hero.

Finally a mature response.

We get them anyway, but as for boobs i get enough of those irl so no. I wanted her because she reminds me of the Adept in DD1, but since she's not in It's nice to have a substitute.

Not to mention I have female friends that don't pay the Apprentice because of his gender. Sad but true. Now they will most certainly play this class.

Lavamancer is interesting, but it's nice to see another female added.

I think the main reason she won was the way the description of the characters were handled. We were never shown what they could do. I think if it was represented better through a more visual aspect the votes would of been alot more closer.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nelly quote:

gun? have every hero.

Finally a mature response.

We get them anyway, but as for boobs i get enough of those irl so no. I wanted her because she reminds me of the Adept in DD1, but since she's not in It's nice to have a substitute.

Not to mention I have female friends that don't pay the Apprentice because of his gender. Sad but true. Now they will most certainly play this class.

Lavamancer is interesting, but it's nice to see another female added.

I think the main reason she won was the way the description of the characters were handled. We were never shown what they could do. I think if it was represented better through a more visual aspect the votes would of been alot more closer.

TL:DR

she won because she is a female.

she is another ranged dps hero. like we already have ( + EV2)

we dont have a real melee dps hero.

we dont have a "transform" hero

visual aspect? you mean boobs on the babarian? :D

[[34927,users]] She was the Amazon, my friend loved her. I preferred the Barbarian with Palantir face mask Accessory and equipped with my Arm Guards of Fire. Looked amazing.

EVE v2, will have towers though not just range. A pure female magic dps character is interesting enough. I used to use my squishy Adept in NM in DD1 as my main DPS character. So it's going to be interesting to see what she can do.

I miss her.

I still feel the Lavamancer would of done alot better if we had more visual clues to what he could do.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I still feel the Lavamancer would of done alot better if we had more visual clues to what he could do.

We will get him too :D I am more excited for him than GunWitch.

@chesticles quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

We do, but it's a shame we couldn't get both around the same time.

I thought he looked unique enough, but since I'm more a visual person I had no idea what he really could do. So Nostalgia won me over on my vote.

Personally I'm really looking forward to GUNS!!!! I was disappointed when I found out the Huntress would not be using them. I hope we get some diversity in guns ... and especially hope that we get some machine guns. I miss them from DD1.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@chesticles quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

We do, but it's a shame we couldn't get both around the same time.

I thought he looked unique enough, but since I'm more a visual person I had no idea what he really could do. So Nostalgia won me over on my vote.

its funny that you want a visual hero. but still you want more gameplay :P

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nelly She was the Amazon, my friend loved her. I preferred the Barbarian with Palantir face mask Accessory and equipped with my Arm Guards of Fire. Looked amazing.

EVE v2, will have towers though not just range. A pure female magic dps character is interesting enough. I used to use my squishy Adept in NM in DD1 as my main DPS character. So it's going to be interesting to see what she can do.

I miss her.

i always thought you preferred gunwitch, and not barbarian.

seems like we need a gender swap for every hero, so we can end that female/male discussion. because you seems to like female over gameplay.

there is a pure female dps character, but ofc not magic(but who cares? there is no resistance anymore, which you liked)

we dont have any clue about the visual from the gunwitch, so what did the lavamancer wrong?

[[34927,users]] I'm not talking about the character itself being visually appealing, all 3 weren't bad looking in any respect.

The thing I thought that could of been handled much better was the description. You could only imagine so much what they would like, it would of been nice to see what they could do with visual cues like pictures of their attacks or a short video.

Then we would of had a much more accurate vote on them.

Also for the record I like all 3. However this is the closest character I get to my Adept, so I voted for her. Plus I did promise my friends who couldn't vote that I would vote for her as well.

The resistance removal and the HD limitation were always going to make the game easier. This was the very reason I wanted it removed. Now the enemies have to adapt to compensate and NM may actually become challenging once again.

It's why it didn't make sense for me to see the AL released now, he should of came out on the strategic revamp. When you actually could do something new with him.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nelly I'm not talking about the character itself being visually appealing, all 3 weren't bad looking in any respect.

The thing I thought that could of been handled much better was the description. You could only imagine so much what they would like, it would of been nice to see what they could do with visual cues like pictures of their attacks or a short video.

gunwitch: flying ranged dps hero

lavamancer: transform the towers from dps to wall (IIRC)

of course some visual would be nice, but still it was the same for every hero :)

and OFCOURSE i like all three too. but i prefer gameplay befor visual/gender. seems like that is the different about us?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

The resistance removal and the HD limitation were always going to make the game easier. This was the very reason I wanted it removed. Now the enemies have to adapt to compensate and NM may actually become challenging once again.

It's why it didn't make sense for me to see the AL released now, he should of came out on the strategic revamp. When you actually could do something new with him.

yeah the resistance removal and HD maked the game easier. thats why i dont liked it befor it came out.

but to be fair (and i know i negated my previos post with that) i like the resistance removal.

the AL came right, but not the resistance removal. THAT should be in one patch with the revamp.

[[34927,users]] Nah I mixed and matched them as I see fit. In DD1 I preferred the Barbarian, male Summoner and Monk. For the female side I preferred the Adept, Countess Huntress and Jester ofc. Initially I used females for being the builder due to their speed and when I equipped diamonds on them oh boy dat speed!

My fav combo in DD1 was the Pierce/Stun combo. Thanks to the harpoon and FB towers. That was so damn strong and the fastest way to lay that down was with the female builders.

It's why I used my Adept as my main DPS in DD1's NM constantly, she had less health, more speed and a crappier mana bomb. She made it more fun to me, because she was pretty balanced.

Le sigh.. Guess I'll be keeping my votes for that boss shredding, beef packed, tough talkin', dual wielding, ehm.. 

Barbarian.

Can't wait till they release the prisoner class. If ya' know who I mean. (Cough Moba Cough.)