Sign in to follow this  
EdTheDuck101

Golden Kobold

I've been thinking about some fun little things that could be added to the game, without new systems or much work from either art, or devs, and here is what I have come up with: The Golden Kobold!

cKwq0lW.png

(ignore my quick photoshop)

The Idea

So my idea is that randomly, on any map (or any wave of onslaught), this little guy can spawn within a wave. The chance of seeing him is low, as to not effect gear progression too much.

When he is killed (ie does not detonate himself into a wall) he drops a guaranteed legendary with the regular drop level of the map (same iPwr). If you manage to kill him yourself, with hero DPS rather than environmental trap or player defences, then he drops 2-3 legendaries.

Why I believe It's a Good Idea

• It adds a mob that you're excited to see, a rare find
  • It has the exact same AI as an existing mob
  • The model would just be swapping dynamite with a chest and a re-colour
  • Makes Onslaught a little more interesting after you have upgraded everything

Any thoughts or feedback appreciated.

would be nice with some new random stuff in onslaught, and i think this would be a really good idea to add to this game mode.
Could also possible make some other variations like

• Defender Medals
  • Gold
  • Betsy Tokens (if that's still going to be a thing)
  • Buffs (like from the Carnival)

At least i really like the Legendary idea, so lets have that :D

I considered suggesting different types, but was worried it would start getting too close to Diablo 3's goblin system. I can't see why it couldn't drop extra gold and medals along with legendaries though.

I like the golden enemy theme, and the rare mob idea in general.

Just some thoughts based off of your suggestion:

Maybe 0.1% - 1% chance to appear during a wave

I like the idea of a kobold with a chest on his back, but I would think making the enemy type random, would be a fun surprise. One time it's a kobold, another time it might be a flier or one of the t-rex looking guys.

I get it though, the kobold is fast and there's a chance to miss it. There would be a sense of urgency when you spot it.

It could drop:

• Lots of gold. (Default drop, lots of gold and random non-gear items)
  • Legendary items. (20% chance)
  • Gold pet egg. (1% chance)
  • Legendary Gold skinned version of certain weapons. (0.1% chance)¬†

@Kamikaze_hfx quote:

I like the golden enemy theme, and the rare mob idea in general.

Just some thoughts based off of your suggestion:

Maybe 0.1% - 1% chance to appear during a wave

I like the idea of a kobold with a chest on his back, but I would think making the enemy type random, would be a fun surprise. One time it's a kobold, another time it might be a flier or one of the t-rex looking guys.

I get it though, the kobold is fast and there's a chance to miss it. There would be a sense of urgency when you spot it.

It could drop:

• Lots of gold. (Default drop, lots of gold and random non-gear items)
  • Legendary items. (20% chance)
  • Gold pet egg. (1% chance)
  • Legendary Gold skinned version of certain weapons. (0.1% chance)¬†

I agree on spawn chances around that kind of values, but it would need testing and trendy are best to pick an accurate value.

I also agree with drops, except for golden skinned weapons. I like the idea, but I was trying to make this as easy to implement with as little work as possible, and skins for weapons are not currently in the game.