Maaaan so disapointing.

I thought i would return and give this game another try. But i come back to more agg.

My gripes:

- There are hardly any people playing (i think due to the game being early access and free to play)

- I search for a game to gear with people (using random to widen the search) and it finds no one.

- If i do by any chance find someone playing (yeah right) he/she is under-geared for that mission. search, join empty game, leave, search, join empty game. Jesus man... even waiting in the game for about 15mins and nobody joins. The game is too split up, but the lack of people playing doesn't help either.

- When i re search to find another game, i keep getting that same person over and over and over and over and over.]

- Please give me a damn server list of people hosting games. I don't want this social crap, i reckon most of your player-base doesn't either. I hate searching and searching and searching.

So why are hardly anyone playing? whats going?

EDIT: reading through some forum threads, and i see a lot of disappointment. From my point of view this game has been made f2p to cash in early while ea and not really do much to help the game grow. You're driving more and more people away with this crap. Why didn't you just stick to the DD1 style.

The game is fairly easy.

Get purge evil on your Serenity monk.

Gear a frosty power apprentice.

The game is pretty much a joke now and most players are at nightmare 4 now.

Good news:  We're working on a server browser! It's not a guarantee that it'll come out in this update, but we're hoping to get it out soon. :D

Take a looka t the looking for group subforum.

There are 2 active groups i know of and that are sozieqts group and secret society.

I cant talk for him but on secret society theres usually some people playing. I dont know how many asians are left since im only online on european evening times. There are usually at least 4 people playing and for us there should be the same amount

I might be mistaken, but I don't think "random" map is quite the same as "find a session with people", I think it just selects the map at random. I say this, because I tried "random" a few times myself, and it put me in games with nobody in them, while joining a specific popular map at the time found me a game with other people. Could be that luck had a hand in this, but, I don't know.

And yay for server browser!

@iamisom quote:

Good news:  We're working on a server browser! It's not a guarantee that it'll come out in this update, but we're hoping to get it out soon. :D

I hope this is number 1 priority! I am sick of leaving and re searching again and again.

@sozieqt quote:

The game is fairly easy.

Care to elaborate a little more? because i don't know what you mean by Purge evil and frosty power. Are there any links for info on these?

@Angrycircle quote:

@sozieqt quote:

The game is fairly easy.

Care to elaborate a little more? because i don't know what you mean by Purge evil and frosty power. Are there any links for info on these?

Purge Evil is a passive that says when an enemy dies within serenity aura it explodes dealing 300-400% defense power in damage in a small AoE. Enemies killed by purge evil will also explode.

Serenity can also get a passive that slows enemies within the aura

The Frost Power apprentice basically gets all of the frosty passives, which in the end make the frost towers greatly slow down enemies, but more importantly buff the power of defenses which are touching the frost radius. 

Combine this with a trap huntress and the traps do a billion damage. Plus when anything dies it explodes, meaning all the little guys that come out with the big guys all explode dealing tons of damage.

@Angrycircle quote:

@sozieqt quote:

The game is fairly easy.

A player from the defence council not knowing about the most basic unique equipment, I don't believe that. If you are serious, play the game not the forums.

@Angrycircle quote:

So why are hardly anyone playing? whats going?

EDIT: reading through some forum threads, and i see a lot of disappointment. From my point of view this game has been made f2p to cash in early while ea and not really do much to help the game grow. You're driving more and more people away with this crap. Why didn't you just stick to the DD1 style.

They just need to balance the game, it's not pay to win if you play in a guild, with friends or players from social tavern. If you want to play solo, then you need to plan and accept the fact that you might be limited with less heroes. Or just whine on the forums so Trendy can hear you and adjust to everyone reaching endgame without to much effort.

It's not that much played because the developers have bread for logic when it comes to balancing.

Our entire active guild player base Impact with 200 members (Average player have 400 hours played) had 30 members online on teamspeak 2 days ago throughout the entire day and the next day only 3.

People are tierd of afking the game, we want some real challange and gues what, most players at endgame pays the most. Skins/Hero slots/Events.. Why do they release new content when the balance of their game are a complete joke?

How can you introduce a friend to the game when all you do is afk and hope for a gear upgrade... To boring.

@sozieqt quote:

A player from the defence council not knowing about the most basic unique equipment, I don't believe that. If you are serious, play the game not the forums.

Please learn to read. He said he gives the game another try. There were times when those items weren't implemented in the game. Maybe he stopped playing before that. Just because he bought it before EA on steam doesn't mean he played the game all the time

@chrissus quote:

@sozieqt quote:

Please learn to read. He said he gives the game another try. There were times when those items weren't implemented in the game. Maybe he stopped playing before that. Just because he bought it before EA on steam doesn't mean he played the game all the time

@lunix57 quote:

@Angrycircle quote:

@sozieqt quote:

The game is fairly easy.

Purge Evil is a passive that says when an enemy dies within serenity aura it explodes dealing 300-400% defense power in damage in a small AoE. Enemies killed by purge evil will also explode.

Serenity can also get a passive that slows enemies within the aura

The Frost Power apprentice basically gets all of the frosty passives, which in the end make the frost towers greatly slow down enemies, but more importantly buff the power of defenses which are touching the frost radius. 

Combine this with a trap huntress and the traps do a billion damage. Plus when anything dies it explodes, meaning all the little guys that come out with the big guys all explode dealing tons of damage.

Thanks, ill give this a try and see if this keeps me playing. But right now im so f-ing angry about the system for searching. I have literally just tried 20 times and kept getting the same tavern with the same person in it. Im searching for a MAP lol??! I can't deal with this :P

@sozieqt quote:

@Angrycircle quote:

@sozieqt quote:

The game is fairly easy.

I've got over a thousand hours in the game and only have just returned and I didn't know what frosty powers was. Don't assume every single defense councilor plays the game religiously.. I've taken over a 9 month break and only just returned 5 days prior to the launch of abyss lord.

Don't care if the response is irrelevant or late on my part. Read your post and had to quote and reply.

There are lots of people playing, I just don't think the search works very well. Which as they said they are working on. Also personally I think the game just needs time. DD1 has a lot of content and a nice pool of heros. We've been given some sneak peaks into whats coming and a lot of it looks good. I'd say keep showing support even if you aren't actively playing just so content keeps pouring out. I'm excited for whats to come!

@TheWittyScamp quote:

http://steamcharts.com/app/236110

Yeah man, 20%-25% of your playerbase compared to November. Tons of people.

Raw data hurt.

A lot of people will be playing as new content comes out. But "Most" people that are invested in the game or just fans of dd1. Will check back every now and then and watch it grow. Like i said, give it time. They are nice enough to give content for free might as well let them get a few years of content under their belt before being super critical. If you watched some of the streams/dev logs, the strategic mode that they are working on looks like a blast!

Well I think the game is just recovering from the carnival disaster, that was a low point in the game for me and blew away any sense of achievement with the circle of generate money spend on wheel, rinse and repeat.

@Trendy, carnival was a bad idea

New heroes

Updated original maps

Updated original challenges

Cube pet for all challenges completed, with stats and abilities on the pet that means something over the other pets.

@Cyrath quote:

@TheWittyScamp quote:

Raw data hurt.

A lot of people will be playing as new content comes out. But "Most" people that are invested in the game or just fans of dd1. Will check back every now and then and watch it grow. Like i said, give it time. They are nice enough to give content for free might as well let them get a few years of content under their belt before being super critical. If you watched some of the streams/dev logs, the strategic mode that they are working on looks like a blast!

Dude Cyrath, you couldn't have put it more perfectly. +50 amazing points

@TheWittyScamp quote:

Raw data hurt.

Maximums are mostly insignificant when it comes to statistics. Especially since these large numbers were only accounted for in 2 months... On average the playerbase has remained somewhat steady with a slight decrease. Nothing to worry about if you ask me