Sign in to follow this  
cheeseburglr

legendary loot re-roll passives at upgrade wheel

When we use the upgrade wheel, instead of putting points towards the 2 hero or tower stats, put a 3rd option. Invest 10-15 points to re-roll the passives. This way when we get legendary pieces with junk passives or if we have an abundance of a certain class passives we can re-roll them to the currently active class. The investment points may need to be higher so players cant easily get perfect passives, but even if they do get perfect passives they will only end up having 10-15 points left to put towards hero or tower stat upgrades

Or a system where you take a piece of gear, and add in other pieces of gear with a chance to replace a passive on the base gear piece with a passive off the upgrade items.

No this is a terrible idea, gear is easy enough to get as it is and this would remove the need to grind gear entirely. anybody who supports this is either very lazy or doesn't understand the point of a dungeon defenders game. Farming should go back to DD1 levels of difficulty so that obtaining a perfect item is something special that takes 10s or even 100s of hours to achieve and not a map by map occurrence if this game is going to have a long life span. 

The people who can't handle grinding have already been given passives rolling for current hero and stats rolling in useful pairs, something has to stay difficult to keep the game fun for the players who enjoy working hard to get stronger gear than the average player.

Dont get me wrong. I know exactly what dd is about. I've spent more than 1k hours on dd1 farming for all the map specific weapons. I would very much like for loot in dd2 to behave like loot in dd1, but unless they take passives off of armor, this is the easiest work around.  At the moment I have 3 bags full of legendaries. This equates to 96 pieces of junk legendaries that Im holding in my bags to use as upgrade fodder......this is dumb, and this is why I am suggesting this.

I just want to clarify what I am suggesting.
For arguments sake you have a legendary chest piece which has an upgrade of 1/43. 
The chest piece has 310 Tower damage and 310 tower health.
It has 3 passives
1 - defence crit chance 5%
2 - radiance aura increased by 2%
3 - lightning aura rate increase 3%

If you were to max upgrade this piece of armor all the way up to lvl 43/43 you would have something like 50 or so points to put towers your tower stats. eg 310 tower damage is now 360 tower damage.

With those 50 points you need to spend 15-20 points to do a re-roll, there is no guarantee you are going to get something good for instance the re-rolled items could be the following which means you just wasted 20 tower stat points

1 - defence crit chance 3%
2 - karma vortex - serenity radius increase 13%

3 - lightning aura rate increase 2%

By doing the re-roll you are only left with  23 points to put towards your towers. The max damage your towers can do now is 333.

For players who are unlucky with rng passives, this can give players something to work with, but in no way is this close to perfect gear. Perfect gear is having spent all points on upgrades and not wasting 15-20 points to do a re-roll. Perhaps a re-roll of 20 points is just harsh enough so you can only re-roll 2 times, which would leave you with 3 points to put towards tower upgrades.

At the moment legendaries drop like candy, and 90% of them are trash.  Unless a socket system is implemented to decouple the passives from armor. I think this is a viable band-aid solution.

Just a random idea...

Rather than reroll with the points (which could be abused with the reset button), why not give us the option to upgrade the passive with points? And counter the passive's scaling towards the gears IPWR?

i.e. - Two pieces of gear with the same IPWR, one has 3% tripwire, the other has 2% tripwire. As a result, the 2% tripwire has a higher base DP to balance out the lower passive? Then we could spend X amount of points to upgrade the passives? (Keeping current caps in place obviously).

That way we only have to get gear with the right passive combinations, not neccisarily maxed values of them.

@FelixJG As a person that seems to be against helping the current RNG system, this seem like it might be a happy medium?