Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_hfx

Upgrade UI: Remove defender medals button

Get rid of the defender medal button please.

Who in their right mind would, by choice, spend hard earned defender medals on upgrading a piece of gear?

It was a HORRIBLE  idea to put that button there.

Remove the defender medal button on the item upgrade ui. 

Get rid of it.

It serves no purpose other than to make people waste an important and slowly acquired currency that should be used for more important things. (Heroes/Ubers).

Very poor design choice. Emoji_Orc.png

This is what happens:

@Fozzie quote:

So I went to upgrade a legendary tome that had dropped for me, without looking closely enough I did the first (cheap) upgrade with the Upgrade button where it always was.

To my dismay I then saw I had blown 100 defender medals on a 80 gold upgrade.

I thought it was a bit naughty to put the medals upgrade button where the gold button was.

Naughty indeed...

You successfully got this guy to spend his defender medals when he didn't mean to do so.

Well, that sucks. I will say that I noticed it instantly upon going to the upgrade UI. It sucks to make mistakes like this, but it happens. Pay closer attention. 4 NM4 maps gets you back what you lost. 4 extra maps, that is.

I did the same thing, used ALL my medals upgrading some gear to complete a daily until I realized I got some error message "You're out of medals to upgrade" of some sorts.

Yes, I was mindlessly multitasking with 2 other windows while making this mistake and not having played in ages, had NO clue about the change ... FeelsBadMan

They really really really need to remove or move that button to another NPC or anything BUT what it is now.

ok it sucks now cuz you value medals. after you get ab lord and buy the junk sphere you be like wtf i have millions of medals wtf do I do with them. Then you see you can upgrade ur gear that cost 90k gold for only 100 medals and go wow nice.

@NineO_OSix quote:

ok it sucks now cuz you value medals. after you get ab lord and buy the junk sphere you be like wtf i have millions of medals wtf do I do with them. Then you see you can upgrade ur gear that cost 90k gold for only 100 medals and go wow nice.

Ok, I get it. It's a convenience for late game.
The problem is mostly the placement of the button and the similarity of the two currency icons.
They could have a warning that tells you you're about to spend defender medals.
(including the option to disable warning messages in the upgrade ui or options menu.)

Another idea: Instead of two upgrade buttons, have two buttons for selecting the currency (these can be just the currency symbols with no text) and a single upgrade button to do the thing.  Gold should be selected by default to avoid mistakes.

Okey, so when I was upgrading some gear earlier today, I noticed that "Wow, there's a new upgrade button for medals instead of gold". I avoided clicking it, but I did acknowledge that it was dangerously similar & close to the gold upgrade button. When hitting the medal button, does it at least give a confirmation dialog, like "You're about to use medals on this upgrade, are you sure you want to do this"?

I really hope that button will just disappear. We already have gold to upgrade items and binding EVERYTHING to defender medals only so we wanna save them by purchasing heroes instead of unlocking them with medals.

Ha. First day of AL patch, I upgraded a gear for 100 medal instead of 90 gold. Lesson learned. Oops. :'3