It's impossible to start a session as this is the only message I get.

Judging by all the posts on this forum and Steam, looks like I'm not alone.

Can we get some assistance on this matter? Would be nice to actually be able to play this game after getting through the hilariously large number of bugs.

Hello,

Have you checked your firewall to make sure it is allowing DD2?

If you have tried several solutions and nothing has resolved your issue, can you please follow the instructions in this link, enable logging, and send a ticket?

Thanks and Sorry for the inconvenience

Been getting this as well. Decided to come back about a week ago after taking a several month break and have been unable to login at all because of this. Will get the log.

Edit: Game won't create a log file even when following the instructions to the letter. Will try a few more times anyway.

Edit 2: Still can't get it to create a log file.

I was getting this issue as well. Once Dark souls 3 came out and I couldn't log in to those servers as well I figured out that my Comcast Modem's firewall was set to Medium and I had to change it to "low". That fixed DS3 AND DD2.

TL;DR

Check your router/modem firewall configuration.

@koslain quote:

I was getting this issue as well. Once Dark souls 3 came out and I couldn't log in to those servers as well I figured out that my Comcast Modem's firewall was set to Medium and I had to change it to "low". That fixed DS3 AND DD2.

TL;DR

Check your router/modem firewall configuration.

Setting it to low just fixed it. This must be a newish bug with the modem firmware then because the pc i am playing the game on is in the dmz which should completely bypass that setting same with manually forwarding required ports.