Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

To everyone: stop spreading some false infos

To everyone that reads this thread, do not listen to all those people crying and saying this is a terrible patch. It is in fact the best patch we had in a long long while. Why? 

1) New Hero: The Abyss Lord (AL) is actually really fun to play. He isn't overpowered as many claim he is (might get a nerf on the stone ability though lol), his towers are not too OP and are great. He is a very complete character, and I wish TE will make the 4 starting heros as fun as him in the revamp.

2) No more HD limitation: The #1 thing the community was complaining about is finally gone. We can now build all our heros. Plus, the character swapping during the wave is incredibly fun and cool.

3) Removal of resistances: Let go your creativity. No more loosing and rerolling maps to get good lanes.

Also, do not listen to the P2W thing: it is ridiculous. The only advantage for people buying the AL is that they have a bit before. We can get him without paying in a while. Just be patient. So no P2W.

If you stopped playing and are looking for a good time to come back, it might be good now. He is fun lol. But you could also wait a bit for the towers revamp and the DD1 maps. It would be a better time. But if you can't wait to play the super cool AL, then come lol!

I don't mind the concept of paid heroes, I just don't like how Trendy are basically developing DLC for their game when the game isn't even done. I'll come back when bugs like this (Look at the ipwr numbers, hidden behind the scroll bar) are prioritized over the next paid feature. 

And for the record, that particular example isn't even a big problem. A similar thing is going on with the autocollect filter dropdown, completely preventing me from using the features at the bottom. It's like they don't even test these things before they go live. 

@senzation54 quote:

I don't mind the concept of paid heroes, I just don't like how Trendy are basically developing DLC for their game when the game isn't even done. I'll come back when bugs like this (Look at the ipwr numbers, hidden behind the scroll bar) are prioritized over the next paid feature. 

And for the record, that particular example isn't even a big problem. A similar thing is going on with the autocollect filter dropdown, completely preventing me from using the features at the bottom. It's like they don't even test these things before they go live. 

The problem is people aren't actually playing the game. Trendy aren't making money. So if they don't release content pushes like this (which I might add that many people were demanding) there won't be the chance to fix those bugs and there won't be a Dungeon Defenders any more. You see where I'm coming from here? 

No money=No Game

@Dan H quote:

@senzation54 quote:

The problem is people aren't actually playing the game.

This. The new player experience is "Play on Easy if you don't know anyone, then play on normal because people are grinding abyss lords at Harbinger, then do nothing else unless you are getting carried."

Even then, you can't item/pet/money bribe like you could in DD1 for "mercenary work", in the most desperate of situations, so you have "those who played since closed alpha and have their 600+ipwr and can roll the game", and you have "those stuck in 100 to 350~400" limbo, where "Insane is too easy" and "Nightmare 3+ is too hard".

Plus you know, Defender token grind for Ubers means you're always drained of Defender Tokens and thus, have to pay money for new heroes.

Meh. Fun while it lasted! Sinking ship! Fun as heck sinking ship till the whole "Bad luck RNG" + "Can't survive long on suicide runs for loot = no gear!" since there's little population...

@Dan H quote:
The problem is people aren't actually playing the game. Trendy aren't making money. So if they don't release content pushes like this (which I might add that many people were demanding) there won't be the chance to fix those bugs and there won't be a Dungeon Defenders any more. You see where I'm coming from here? 

No money=No Game

Maybe people would play it if they finished the game before expecting us to pay for it. I already paid for early access, now they want me to pay for heroes, bagspace, skins etc when the game doesn't even work properly yet. No thanks. 

@senzation54 quote:

@Dan H quote:

No money=No Game

Maybe people would play it if they finished the game before expecting us to pay for it. I already paid for early access, now they want me to pay for heroes, bagspace, skins etc when the game doesn't even work properly yet. No thanks. 

Maybe the game wont reach a finished state unless the devs can afford to feed their families. 

@MushroomCake28 quote:

1) New Hero: The Abyss Lord (AL) is actually really fun to play. He isn't overpowered as many claim he is (might get a nerf on the stone ability though lol), his towers are not too OP and are great. He is a very complete character, and I wish TE will make the 4 starting heros as fun as him in the revamp.

A blockade with almost two million hitpoints doing over 100k dps does seem a tad overpowered to me.

Ever heard of investors? They put money into a project and if the project goes well they receive a return on their investment. If it doesn't go well they lose their money. Well, see here's the difference between investors and customers. Investors put money in before the product is complete, customers put money in afterwards. 

As a customer, paying for an unfinished product without even a guarantee that it'll ever be finished seems kind of stupid. 

@MushroomCake28 quote:

2) No more HD limitation: The #1 thing the community was complaining about is finally gone. We can now build all our heros. Plus, the character swapping during the wave is incredibly fun and cool.

While you're right, you're not completely right. You can build with all your heroes as long as you spent enough money to have enough heroes to build with + have a dps.

@Nefhith quote:

While you're right, you're not completely right. You can build with all your heroes as long as you spent enough money to have enough heroes to build with + have a dps.

So if I didn't spend any money and only have four heroes, I can't build with all of them?

I think what you mean is that the HD changes have no effect on those that didn't spend any money, because all of their heroes already fit in the deck.

@tdb quote:

@Nefhith quote:

So if I didn't spend any money and only have four heroes, I can't build with all of them?

I think what you mean is that the HD changes have no effect on those that didn't spend any money, because all of their heroes already fit in the deck.

Exactly. Thanks for elaborating more.

I myself spent some gems to get more hero slots (I think we should be able to use defender medals to unlock hero slots), and having a blockade squire, tower squire, trap huntress, tower monk, tower apprentice, frosty apprentice and a dps huntress already fill more than the ammount of hero slots I have, which forces me to have a huntress constantly switching her equipment to fill both roles and forget about using a dps character if I want to use traps.

With the addition of more heroes and more builds, this will just get worse. That's why I think hero slots should be unlockable with defender medals (and gems, we should have both options), or it will become totally pay2win.

@Nefhith quote:

@tdb quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Exactly. Thanks for elaborating more.

I myself spent some gems to get more hero slots (I think we should be able to use defender medals to unlock hero slots), and having a blockade squire, tower squire, trap huntress, tower monk, tower apprentice, frosty apprentice and a dps huntress already fill more than the ammount of hero slots I have, which forces me to have a huntress constantly switching her equipment to fill both roles and forget about using a dps character if I want to use traps.

With the addition of more heroes and more builds, this will just get worse. That's why I think hero slots should be unlockable with defender medals (and gems, we should have both options), or it will become totally pay2win.

Weirdly I thought everybody was exaggerating with the P2W (which it isn't in my opininion). I actually already own 3 DLC's for the game, and I did pay these with pleasure as I enjoy the game so much it is worth the investment.

But you opened my eyes that DD2 is a little P2W, as you have to unlock hero slots to be able to do everything solo. I'm at 10 level 50 chars, so yeah I bought a lot of slots and I can build any level fine now that the Hero Deck cap is gone. Is this fair compared to non paying players, probably not.

I don't mind that paying customers get a time advantage or skins, but with the hero deck uncapped, it became a little unfair towards free players. I say a little as it would block a Hardcore player, but a Hardcore player won't mind paying a few bucks to unlock more slots. Every Hardcore player I've met has 10+ chars.

@Nefhith quote:

I think we should be able to use defender medals to unlock hero slots

Trendy have already confirmed that this is on it's way. It just wasn't ready for this patch. 

@Nefhith quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Not completely right.

1) When getting a new hero (without paying), you will receive an additional slot.

2) quote below

@Argick quote:

@Nefhith quote:

I think we should be able to use defender medals to unlock hero slots

Trendy have already confirmed that this is on it's way. It just wasn't ready for this patch. 

@Dan H quote:

No money=No Game

@Dan H quote:

The problem is people aren't actually playing the game. 

Exactly, so we need to stop telling the game is terrible and that the patch ruined the game because it didn't. We need to encourage people to come back. Many that stopped playing are still following the forum, so don't give them the wrong idea of the current game.

That was more my point.

@tdb quote:

A blockade with almost two million hitpoints doing over 100k dps does seem a tad overpowered to me.

You forgot the 80 DU cost and the fact that you can only place one per AL.

With walls, you get 350k for 30 DU.

With dummies, you get 300k for 20 DU.

It might get nerfed a bit, but it's not game breaking.

So your point was to lie? This patch did next to nothing to fix a lot of the fundamental issues that made people leave in the first place, and pretending that it did is a disservice to people that aren't playing but are still on the forums. This patch dropped lane resistances and deck limitations. In the grand scheme of things, that solves nothing other than "Ooh neat we don't have to reroll Liferoot Inc until mid isn't a split resist" and it lets people build their Flamethrowers or whatever in every lane without relying on people coordinating their decks pre-map. A good change, yes, but not something that should have people bounding back because they'd still be stuck doing the same incursion maps they were doing when they originally burned out from grinding. You have your opinion, I have mine. Calling my opinion "false infos" is petulant.

OK, what are those BUGS that doesn't allow you to play??

I only know 2:

- Mana bug, for some reason at the start of a game some mana is lost. Then you cant do the full build: just restart. That means a delay of 1 or 2 minutes, you can still play.

- Disconnected: Some times you all get disconnected.  This happens to me 2 or 3 times at week. Still can play the rest of the Week.

I will be honest, I don't know a single bug that can stop you from enjoy the game. The small bugs and glitch the game have doesn't affect the game play. I know you want a perfect software but remember you are not paying a penny so better be grateful with the Free game you are getting and support them: Buy or Donate or at least report the BUGs.

I agree about removing Resistances was a bad Idea, I prefer a game with more difficulty.  The open DECK should had been enough.

Who said anything about bugs? Issues and bugs are not mutually inclusive.

The *issues* are more general as far as lack of things for endgame players to do. A lot of players did all of the incursions ages ago, and aside from the airship, which hardly even counts as a level, and two reskins of existing maps, there's been nothing to keep us interested since Halloween. The Abyss Lord isn't so much interesting as he is vaguely amusing until you get back to the end game to gear him and go "Oh. Wait. This is all the same, and it's just as boring."

@DarkChuky quote:

OK, what are those BUGS that doesn't allow you to play??

I'll list a few for you.

Hero swap bug - two heroes get merged when swapping, this disables the hero's abilities as well.

At the end of a map I sometimes can't click the tavern/replay buttons, they just don't work. Insanely annoying when farming harbinger.

In the inventory tab, when setting up autocollect, there's a dropdown menu where you can select which types of items to collect. The options at the bottom can't be used because once you mouse over the bag below it selects that bag and the dropdown disappears. 

As I said in an earlier post, the ipwr numbers of other players in a lobby get hidden behind a scroll bar. 

These are just the things I could think of off the top of my head. None of them are completely gamebreaking, but they're annoying. I know that this game is in Early Access and if they were working on it that would be completely fine and expected. But instead of fixing things like this which is what you'd expect a game developer to do when the game is in early access, they're focusing their efforts on monetizing the game before it's done. 

This is especially insulting to me considering I already paid for early access. Basically I'm expected to pay for access to the early access and now I'm supposed to pay even more to access the other early access features? Just no. It's bull**** and I'm happy taking my money elsewhere as long as this is the case. Someone pointed out earlier that that might mean the game doesn't get finished and I'm fine with that. I'm not paying any more money for an unfinished game than I already have. I voiced my concerns about the F2P model before they even started making this game and they've just proved me right. F2P always sucks. Well, except in DOTA2, that game has the only good implementation of F2P I've seen so far. 

@TheWittyScamp quote:

Who said anything about bugs? Issues and bugs are not mutually inclusive.

The *issues* are more general as far as lack of things for endgame players to do. A lot of players did all of the incursions ages ago, and aside from the airship, which hardly even counts as a level, and two reskins of existing maps, there's been nothing to keep us interested since Halloween. The Abyss Lord isn't so much interesting as he is vaguely amusing until you get back to the end game to gear him and go "Oh. Wait. This is all the same, and it's just as boring."

As you state, they are not game breaking, the only one I can add is the Body swapping, that is also hilarious, the click on repeat or tavern will just add a Delay, again no game breaking,  the filter for bag, I remembers seeing it but it works for me now, not sure if related to resolution or full screen mode... the can't see the iPWR I don't use it at all, so.. again those bugs are mostly cosmetic and doesn't affects the game play what if you think on it is what is important.  so from all my 400+ hours on this game, maybe 10 to 20 minutes had been affected by bugs. that is a very low percentage.

oh... they fixed one of the know bugs, when you join an Onslaught and cant G. So as you can see they are fixing stuff.... just give time.

and.. ahhhh I think my post was for another topic xD! sorry!

@senzation54 quote:

Well, except in DOTA2, that game has the only good implementation of F2P I've seen so far. 

I have long said that literally the only problem I have ever had with DotA 2 has been the players that play DotA 2. :P

@DarkChuky quote:
As you state, they are not game breaking, the only one I can add is the Body swapping, that is also hilarious, the click on repeat or tavern will just add a Delay, again no game breaking,  the filter for bag, I remembers seeing it but it works for me now, not sure if related to resolution or full screen mode... the can't see the iPWR I don't use it at all, so.. again those bugs are mostly cosmetic and doesn't affects the game play what if you think on it is what is important.  so from all my 400+ hours on this game, maybe 10 to 20 minutes had been affected by bugs. that is a very low percentage. 

oh... they fixed one of the know bugs, when you join an Onslaught and cant G. So as you can see they are fixing stuff.... just give time.

and.. ahhhh I think my post was for another topic xD! sorry!

I'm just saying I'm not interested in paying for an unfinished product. If you are then that's fine and good for you.