2 questions: 1st about goto pets, 2nd about progression

1. does anyone use Goto pets? if so why? they seem super terrible and i have no idea why. They have slow attack rates with lower dps than the other 2 classes.

2. im currently sitting around nm1 difficulty, i cant beat the 1st map but i dont see any reason to try and progress since i can get better gear by just playing nm2 killing a few ppl on wave 2 then get better gear, then skip all the maps on that and play till wave 2 and 3 on nm 3 to get the next level of gear... I feel like im cheating but the game has given me that incentive. The amount if ipwr progression that takes place from the lowest ipwer maps in a range to the highest is so minimal i just play the same 2 maps over and over. I feel like this is really bad and needs to change. DD1 had MUCH better feel to it in terms of scaling difficulty and items that dropped on it. So basically im asking am i doing something wrong? do they know it is this bad and it is changing? or what?

@KingSpadeIX quote:

2. ... DD1 had MUCH better feel to it in terms of scaling difficulty and items that dropped on it. So basically im asking am i doing something wrong? do they know it is this bad and it is changing? or what?

Hi,

I cannot answer for the Pet, but for your second question : 

In DD1 the progression was held back by a grind wall in-between missions! You had to replay the same levels over and over again when you hit a gear or level wall.

I think this was what gave you a feel of goal and progression in DD1, and this is what you miss now, since you can just "cheat" your way out of the iPWR wall!

in DD2 the basic Campaign is really balanced in terms of progression, but when you set a goal to Min-Max and Level as fast as possible, than you can forget the campaign mode.

//Naki

At the OP

Pet DPS is terrible on all pets at the moment, they are purely stat additions currently.

Like with DD1 you can power level and power gear just be shouting out at the social tavern, "LFG to play NM2"

@KingSpadeIX quote:

2. im currently sitting around nm1 difficulty, i cant beat the 1st map but i dont see any reason to try and progress since i can get better gear by just playing nm2 killing a few ppl on wave 2 then get better gear, then skip all the maps on that and play till wave 2 and 3 on nm 3 to get the next level of gear... I feel like im cheating but the game has given me that incentive. The amount if ipwr progression that takes place from the lowest ipwer maps in a range to the highest is so minimal i just play the same 2 maps over and over. I feel like this is really bad and needs to change. DD1 had MUCH better feel to it in terms of scaling difficulty and items that dropped on it. So basically im asking am i doing something wrong? do they know it is this bad and it is changing? or what?

What heroes do you have?  What is their iPWR?  What map are you playing and how are you building it?  Are you having problems with any specific enemies or just getting overwhelmed in general?

After the patch hit, I took off all of my existing gear and stored it in a dedicated bag.  I then set off re-gearing all of my heroes while leveling an Abyss Lord at the same time.  After less than ten maps I'm already blazing through NM1 without any slowdown in sight.

My current basic build consists of a spike blockade, two damage towers and one frostbite behind it and a lightning aura plus two explosive traps a short way in front of it (about where the javelin throwers stop).  This is probably not optimal but I can't be bothered with making it better until I actually start having trouble.  During waves I use my dps huntress to shoot at bosses and high-threat enemies.

You don't use pets for their attack. You want good abilities.  Earth damage Gatos can have an awesome root ability (forgetting the name) that will lock ogres in place.

1 I would focus on pet's with the curse ability, which I think is for creepers.  Eventually, it will be nice to equip a fully leveled pet for your builders, and the curse is nice since you can use it run around faster as a builder.  Other than that, people seem to go for poison-tips (needs earth attack), which boosts your hero's dps for a bit.  There's other useful abilities, but I think that is a up to each player's preference, so you will need to spend some time and gold to test out different abilities to see what you like. 

2 - I did the similar thing.  I got to nm1, played Gates, and several maps.  Then, decided it was Gates and Liferoots.  Personally, I felt that Liferoot was easier despite the ipwr ratings.  Anyways, instead of trying to farm on throneroom or some other map that had higher ipwr rating than liferoot, I would just try the next nm# liferoot/gates.  I would fail on wave 2 or 3, but progressively, you do get better gear.  Not really cheating, because it's cutting out pointless repetition with no real gains.  

On that point, I think they should just get rid of nm2-3.  It's was just necessary repetition for me.  I can see a reason for nm1, then nm4 (which would be renamed to nm2 if current nm2/3 went away).  nm1 to break into the nm mode, then the next nm# as the grounds for end game.  Then, the maps would need more varying ipwr ratings for progression.