Boycott the Huntress

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello i am a poster on the trendy entertainment posters and everyone i disagree with is a troll!!!

Jabberwocky is clearly fighting with the fact that this character turns him on.

Nobody else cares, dude, she's not real.

ROFL THIS THREAD THIS THREAD MADE ME LOLZ SO HARD. Boycott a huntress cause shes sexually exhilarates the OP. So many pointed out the weapons THE MASS MURDER THESE CHILDREN ARE DOING, haha this game is all about lols and fun any form of sex you see(since you know they put this in there just to make all of the crazy sex deprived people of the world meet that point of existence where they just find happiness cause shes the most perfectly sexually designed char they have ever seen.) is from your own mind. Accusing Trendy of designing a char around sex is hilarious. HEY GUYS SPOILER THE DRAGON ISN'T WEARING CLOTHES.

First, I like Dungeon Defenders a lot. In fact, I like it so much, I bought two copies so that I could play it with my wife and son.

Unfortunately, there is one glaring problem that I find with the game: the Huntress.

I find the Huntress character disturbing. At best, the developer's depiction of "youngling" girl in a fantasy world is juvenile and irresponsible at best. As if the accentuated cleavage, and the exposed butt crack aren't in your face enough, when you select her character, the animation starts with wiggling her rear end at you in a manner that seems very "adult".

I hope I can assume that it was not Trendy Entertainment's intention, but it looks like someone was trying to fulfill some pedophelia fantasy. It is bad enough that artitsts do this to adult characters, but turning a child (boy or girl) into some kind of jailbait sex object is going way over the line.

Trendy Entertainment, I respectfully request that you fix the huntress. Make her clothes less revealing and more appropriate for her age. Remove animations that are innapropriate (such as the aformentioned tail wagging).

Fellow gamers, if you, like me, are tired of developers turning women (kids or adults) into sex objects, please boycott the Huntress until Trendy does something about it.
- Stop playing the Huntress character.
- Add "boycott Huntress" or something similar to your hosted game titles.
- Respectfully ask users who join your game as a huntress to change their class or leave.

Until Trendy Entertainment fixes the Huntress and stops creating characters who look and act like they are trying to feed child molesters' fantasies, I will be boycotting the Huntress. Please do the same.

go to church and stop playing games or stop trolling the dev

While I believe in freedom of speech (i'm from 'Murrica), going to ask people to please stop pointing out that "this is a troll thread", "OP is a troll", etc. If you believe a person is trolling, report the post. Simple as that.

Seriously mate, for a guy with a wife and a son you seem to be an extremely immature person.
And considering the fact you just took your time to write your FIRST post EVER (allso the first one I've seen on this subject to be honest) on this forum and you choose this very subject... Well for me it seems that that act alone says more about your own fantasies and thoughts than any art designer with a good eye for details and a little imagination.
Seriously, people like you really piss me off, you really do, especially since there seems to be at least a bunch of you in every damn forum.
Not even in this game, with extremely cartoony graphics can i get rid of you narrowminded people.
I just hope you're a 14 year old troll trying to stir up a ****storm, otherwise i would advise you to gtfo of this game and then seek some help for your obviously deviant thoughts mate.
Sigh...

Elves in D&D reach physical maturity at age 110. Elves in middle earth (LoTR) reach physical maturity at 50. Actually, I can't think of any fictional setting where elves age at the same rate as humans....

Actually elves in the various D&D settings were what I was primarily thinking of. They age like humans up until late teens then stop. They remain childlike emotionally until after their first century. You're almost right about Tolkien's elves except that they are fully grown in height by 50 and enter puberty anywhere from 50-100.

The huntress doesn't fall under either category as she's a child with a full grown woman's physique. It's kind of odd. Only explanation is she's an adult halfling pretending to be an elven child! It's the perfect disguise.

I understand what the OP is saying. I thought it a little strange, too, when I first loaded up the game and saw the "child" Huntress shaking it at me.

Sure she's an elf. Sure, I'm not super bothered by it, but OP has a point. This is a (fictional) child doing (and looking) somewhat provocative things.

Catch is, there is no law against animated/drawn pedophilia (see Japan). NOT that I'm saying that's what this is (or that animated/drawn pedophilia is morally acceptable), but the fundamental decision is left up to the developers.

Don't like it? Mod it. Also, some of the halloween skins can take care of the "sexy" outfit-ness. Plus, get a mod that re-animates her in the "child-appropriate" way and submit it. Trendy could then add it to the game as an option without having to do the work themselves.

Am i the only one who's never actually perceived the characters as children?, but rather as a very CARTOONY version of adults or... i dunno, something made up from someone's imagination, someone with his own version of a kind of fantasy kingdom wich he actually managed to realise trough a game?

Am i the only one who's never actually perceived the characters as children?

You might be since the opening cutscene says they are the younger kin of the heroes of the realm. They're also tiny compared to the tavernkeeper and the world around them appears to have been built for much larger beings. They're roughly the same size as goblins and much shorter than orcs.

Edit: Also, I love your avatar. :D

Has trendy actually stated anywhere that she is supposed to be an elf?, or does everyone just assume she is one, instead of a fantasy creature simply just made up from a game developers own fantasy?

You might be since the opening cutscene says they are the younger kin of the heroes of the realm. They're also tiny compared to the tavernkeeper and the world around them appears to have been built for much larger beings. They're roughly the same size as goblins and much shorter than orcs.

Edit: Also, I love your avatar. :D

I just allways considered them to be teens in a fantasy world, 17-17 years old perhaps (with a twisted cartoony style that is).

And about the avatar, thank you, took lots of time to find the "right" one, wanted it to reflect the fact that aprentice is my most played character ^^

You have a point. Nowhere in her description does it ever say if she's an elf, human, or any other race. The assumption is easily made though since she has the characteristic pointy ears. The dark elves have very similar ears too. There is also the argument that they made up their own strain of elves straying slightly from the popular Tolkien and D&D elves. They could mature faster or age the same but not reach full height until a later date, we just don't know. Only gripe I have with that is all the others are clearly children, she's also the trainee of a hero so she should be a child? It's all rather moot to me anyway, other people are up in arms over it. I was just contributing a bit to the discussion.

And about the avatar, thank you, took lots of time to find the "right" one, wanted it to reflect the fact that aprentice is my most played character ^^

I've always been a fan of wizards and that particular style for them. Soon as I heard about the game my eyes fell on the apprentice and I went "There's me!" :)

I find the Huntress character disturbing. At best, the developer's depiction of "youngling" girl in a fantasy world is juvenile and irresponsible at best. As if the accentuated cleavage, and the exposed butt crack aren't in your face enough, when you select her character, the animation starts with wiggling her rear end at you in a manner that seems very "adult".

I hope I can assume that it was not Trendy Entertainment's intention, but it looks like someone was trying to fulfill some pedophelia fantasy. It is bad enough that artitsts do this to adult characters, but turning a child (boy or girl) into some kind of jailbait sex object is going way over the line.

Now, I was once a young girl. When I was younger I ran around in much more revealing attire than I do now - cute little two piece bathing suits, little child size shorts and t-shirts. I shook my little child booty to the 80s dance songs.

I cannot deny that when I first saw the huntress I was a tad confused at the little bits of clothing she had; more confused about the well-endowed breasts on a youngin'. But after a while, her giggles and hip shaking just seemed like something a child would do.

She's not from my perspective doing anything to imply something sexual, she's just moving side to side! ...in short/skirt thing that barely fits.
I honestly took more offense to this: http://dungeondefenders.com/wp-content/gallery/screenshots/huntress_sweatywallpaper_logo-2.jpg
I can understand the Hero Champion being sex'd up... but not the underage one.

However! There are more costumes you can plunk her into - I quite enjoy the witch costume. Then! coming up in a patch you'll be able to choose a male hunter so there will be more alternatives.

I always assumed the character's minature appearances were part of the art style, rather than them being litterally children. They look more like teenagers to me. Me and my friend had a good giggle at the Huntresses butt crack when the game came out.

It's hard to know what is worse, the over-sexualization in the gaming industry or the over-protective parents who complain about everything.

As a woman and an avid fan of roleplaying games with fantasy settings, I've come to accept that my female characters will almost always be scantily clad. It will not surprise me in the least if the female version of the Squire is wearing a metal bikini.

I've always been a fan of wizards and that particular style for them. Soon as I heard about the game my eyes fell on the apprentice and I went "There's me!" :)

Haha, exactly the same here mate, the aprentice was the first thing that caught my eye on the cover the first time i saw it :P

I just want to put out NOTHING is saying that is the huntress we are playing. haha that picture of the sexy huntress with the bow between her legs I def think is the Hero Trainer Elf. You'll notice she doesn't have the rag tag setup the one we all love and play(sept the OP who cant play her cause of personal issues) and the one in the picture is easily 3x our little heros height.

I always assumed the character's minature appearances were part of the art style, rather than them being litterally children. They look more like teenagers to me. Me and my friend had a good giggle at the Huntresses butt crack when the game came out.

It's hard to know what is worse, the over-sexualization in the gaming industry or the over-protective parents who complain about everything..

This, exactly THIS!