Boycott the Huntress

Boycott the Tavernkeep! He sells weapons to pantsless children!

Boycott the Tavernkeep boycott, because he's too awesome to be boycotted!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boycott the Tavernkeep! He sells weapons to pantsless children!

Not to mention this is a "tavern" which usually means alcohol, between that and the weapons this tavernkeep is one shady fellow for kids to be around.

First, I like Dungeon Defenders a lot. In fact, I like it so much, I bought two copies so that I could play it with my wife and son.

Unfortunately, there is one glaring problem that I find with the game: the Huntress.

I find the Huntress character disturbing. At best, the developer's depiction of "youngling" girl in a fantasy world is juvenile and irresponsible at best. As if the accentuated cleavage, and the exposed butt crack aren't in your face enough, when you select her character, the animation starts with wiggling her rear end at you in a manner that seems very "adult".

I hope I can assume that it was not Trendy Entertainment's intention, but it looks like someone was trying to fulfill some pedophelia fantasy. It is bad enough that artitsts do this to adult characters, but turning a child (boy or girl) into some kind of jailbait sex object is going way over the line.

Trendy Entertainment, I respectfully request that you fix the huntress. Make her clothes less revealing and more appropriate for her age. Remove animations that are innapropriate (such as the aformentioned tail wagging).

Fellow gamers, if you, like me, are tired of developers turning women (kids or adults) into sex objects, please boycott the Huntress until Trendy does something about it.
- Stop playing the Huntress character.
- Add "boycott Huntress" or something similar to your hosted game titles.
- Respectfully ask users who join your game as a huntress to change their class or leave.

Until Trendy Entertainment fixes the Huntress and stops creating characters who look and act like they are trying to feed child molesters' fantasies, I will be boycotting the Huntress. Please do the same.

Sorry, I'm not a self-righteous prat. I find it amusing, and I'm sure many others do. And I'm man enough to admit it. I don't see any problem with it to be honest, it's the way of the cartoon.

Not to mention this is a "tavern" which usually means alcohol, between that and the weapons this tavernkeep is one shady fellow for kids to be around.

Also notice how he has pictures of all these children on the walls of his taverns, and he takes them to 'dungeons'.

Also notice how he has pictures of all these children on the walls of his taverns, and he takes them to 'dungeons'.

There is also barrels of alcohol and posters of adult rated (18+) movies in the "secret room"!! Oh the humanity!

And if it was a "tavern" it would probably be okay since its only recent that kids didn't commonly drink alcohol and even today its a common pratice in many countries. ;)

Uhm...yes? I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, chief?

Elves in D&D reach physical maturity at age 110. Elves in middle earth (LoTR) reach physical maturity at 50. Actually, I can't think of any fictional setting where elves age at the same rate as humans....

Elves in Lord of the rings didn't look like they just got off the school bus. Just because she has pointed ears doesn't make it ok.

The fact remains that sex sells that's why its there. If she wasn't an elf then Trendy wouldn't get away with it.

Being an elf justifies her looks i guess, though we'll have to wait and see how the other classes look when the gender update comes out, since they are all humans.

Anyone else find it ironic that in order to cover the female character you need to put her in a Halloween costume?

This is a fantasy game...

There is also barrels of alcohol and posters of adult rated (18+) movies in the "secret room"!! Oh the humanity!

Speaking of the secret room there is "dont trust the tavernkeep" written on the wall, in what could be crayon.

Elves in Lord of the rings didn't look like they just got off the school bus. Just because she has pointed ears doesn't make it ok.

The fact remains that sex sells that's why its there. If she wasn't an elf then Trendy wouldn't get away with it.

Get away with it? Really, they are all sitting there rubbing their hands together plotting ways to pass something that could be seen as offensive on to us for their own amusement. They designed the character as they saw fit, period. At this point this is who the huntress is.

Speaking of the secret room there is "dont trust the tavernkeep" written on the wall, in what could be crayon.

I will admit, I did find that creepy! But the Charlie Sheen reference made me laugh so it's all good. :squire:

Get away with it? Really, they are all sitting there rubbing their hands together plotting ways to pass something that could be seen as offensive on to us for their own amusement. They designed the character as they saw fit, period. At this point this is who the huntress is.

Are you stupid or something? Its there because it sells, they didn't do it for their own amusement.

OP has a wife and son. That's why he made a thread. I could understand his situation. Though... I don't see how cleavage could ever be a problem.

Outside my home there's tons of cleavage to go around. Sure is hard to take away something that exists all around us.

First, I like Dungeon Defenders a lot. In fact, I like it so much, I bought two copies so that I could play it with my wife and son.

Unfortunately, there is one glaring problem that I find with the game: the Huntress.

I find the Huntress character disturbing. At best, the developer's depiction of "youngling" girl in a fantasy world is juvenile and irresponsible at best. As if the accentuated cleavage, and the exposed butt crack aren't in your face enough, when you select her character, the animation starts with wiggling her rear end at you in a manner that seems very "adult".

I hope I can assume that it was not Trendy Entertainment's intention, but it looks like someone was trying to fulfill some pedophelia fantasy. It is bad enough that artitsts do this to adult characters, but turning a child (boy or girl) into some kind of jailbait sex object is going way over the line.

Trendy Entertainment, I respectfully request that you fix the huntress. Make her clothes less revealing and more appropriate for her age. Remove animations that are innapropriate (such as the aformentioned tail wagging).

Fellow gamers, if you, like me, are tired of developers turning women (kids or adults) into sex objects, please boycott the Huntress until Trendy does something about it.
- Stop playing the Huntress character.
- Add "boycott Huntress" or something similar to your hosted game titles.
- Respectfully ask users who join your game as a huntress to change their class or leave.

Until Trendy Entertainment fixes the Huntress and stops creating characters who look and act like they are trying to feed child molesters' fantasies, I will be boycotting the Huntress. Please do the same.

Sounds to me like you've been thinking an awful lot about pedophilia...

The whole style of the game makes it impossible for me to take any character seriously, when I see the huntress I think "Haha! That's so goofy and whimsical!" instead of "STRANGER DANGER!".

Are you stupid or something? Its there because it sells, they didn't do it for their own amusement.

Oh, I didn't realize you could read the minds of Trendys' artists. Stop putting words in peoples mouths, it makes YOU look stupid.

Oh, I didn't realize you could read the minds of Trendys' artists. Stop putting words in peoples mouths, it makes YOU look stupid.

Why else would it be in there?

I'm not sure about the OP but I have never seen any children with breasts.

The fact that the Huntress class has a fully developed woman body, even if she is short, begs the question why the OP even sees the Huntress as a child. Even compared to the other classes I have never seen her as a child.

This thread says more about the OP than Trendy or the game.

If anything they are young adults. As my girlfriend pointed out, why else would the be in a tavern?

It is rated 10+ for alcohol references, animated blood and fantasy violence.