Boycott the Huntress

I thought of another point, to throw on top of the absurdity of OP's argument.

This is a game, where there are young people who wield such weapons as bows, magical staffs, guns, swords, spears, chainsaw-like weapons, and use them to maim and kill monsters, and in PvP, each other...

...and it's the Huntress' outfit you have a problem with?

Overprotective parents. I'll never get them.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what the OP is saying. I thought it a little strange, too, when I first loaded up the game and saw the "child" Huntress shaking it at me.

Sure she's an elf. Sure, I'm not super bothered by it, but OP has a point. This is a (fictional) child doing (and looking) somewhat provocative things.

Catch is, there is no law against animated/drawn pedophilia (see Japan). NOT that I'm saying that's what this is (or that animated/drawn pedophilia is morally acceptable), but the fundamental decision is left up to the developers.

Don't like it? Mod it. Also, some of the halloween skins can take care of the "sexy" outfit-ness. Plus, get a mod that re-animates her in the "child-appropriate" way and submit it. Trendy could then add it to the game as an option without having to do the work themselves.

I see what you are saying and I do not agree.

Go look at over 9000 Japanese products and see actual kid cartoon nastiness. Until DD is doing that sort of stuff I'd say they are in the clear. :demon:

Protip: With a strong range nosferatu, and a high hero att and high hero boost..and a fairy.. the monk is pretty much immortal.. He can charge straight through a ton of kobolds without even dying..Using this method, the monk is a running piercing attack.. Didn't know that now did you?

Just sit down OP..

While i respect your opinion, i disagree. theres nothing sexual with the huntress. if a little cleavage and a butt crack make you feel uncomfortable, youre gonna have to keep your child indoors the rest of his life. it could be worse though. preferably, i wish i had a suicide girls skin for my huntress XD

While i respect your opinion, i disagree. theres nothing sexual with the huntress. if a little cleavage and a butt crack make you feel uncomfortable, youre gonna have to keep your child indoors the rest of his life. it could be worse though. preferably, i wish i had a suicide girls skin for my huntress XD

ZOMG YES. that will be all.

Honestly, the huntress I would peg more as an early adolescent than the children that the others are. Quite frankly, have you met any girls in the 10-12 range? It's not uncommon for some girls in that age range to try and "act" more mature and sexy (regardless of how well they succeed.)

Either way, the only thing that bugs me about the huntress is her butt. It's hard to miss, and very visually distracting (not in a good way.) Aside from that, I have no real issue with how she looks.

I understand what the OP is saying. I thought it a little strange, too, when I first loaded up the game and saw the "child" Huntress shaking it at me.

Sure she's an elf. Sure, I'm not super bothered by it, but OP has a point. This is a (fictional) child doing (and looking) somewhat provocative things.

Catch is, there is no law against animated/drawn pedophilia (see Japan). NOT that I'm saying that's what this is (or that animated/drawn pedophilia is morally acceptable), but the fundamental decision is left up to the developers.

Don't like it? Mod it. Also, some of the halloween skins can take care of the "sexy" outfit-ness. Plus, get a mod that re-animates her in the "child-appropriate" way and submit it. Trendy could then add it to the game as an option without having to do the work themselves.

This just about sums up my thoughts regarding OP's concerns. Though I do find absolute denial of its existence almost as absurd as a call to boycott. Sexualization of our female characters is an industry trend that's pretty hard to miss. At the end of the day, sex sells, and as long as that remains the case we'll keep doing what brings in the revenue.

BOYCOTT SQUIRE

Young lads should not be parading around Etheria in their underpants! This is an outrage! The proper dress code for young lads must be followed! Pants are to be worn from the waist with a belt! Pants are not optional!
TE might release a dlc for variety of spoonsbob squire pants, stay tune!

The thing about the elf argument I find invalid is that in every fantasy setting I know of with elves they tend to age exactly like humans do until the late teens, then they pretty much stop aging for the next 500+ years. It does make me wonder what the character designer was thinking, but I don't really care much. As far as I'm concerned she's just a child-like entity that takes up the bottom half of my screen while I play and annoyingly keeps aiming at walls I pass too close to.

I know, right?

Sexual attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. If OP sees the Huntress as "jailbait", maybe he has problems of his own he needs to sort out...

Totally agree. I am more bothered that my flying hamster pet thing seems to be humping a giant heart to attack. Though I find the Horney Hamtaro more amusing than depraved.

There are multiple threads about this "issue", however every time I read one of these the only thought I have:
If you notice things like this, or have paedophilia related thoughts involving a pixel pile, then you must have had some very bad experience or you have a bit of paedophile aptitude deep inside you that you may not know about. Yet.

The rest of us, or at least me did not even think about it, all I thought look, how vivacious this little elf is, now lets kill some stuff with it.

IIRC The devs have stated previously that the huntress is actually about 40 years old or so. She's an elf and ages differently than humans, as others have said

You do understand that Elves are fictional characters right?

First, I like Dungeon Defenders a lot. In fact, I like it so much, I bought two copies so that I could play it with my wife and son.

Unfortunately, there is one glaring problem that I find with the game: the Huntress.

I find the Huntress character disturbing. At best, the developer's depiction of "youngling" girl in a fantasy world is juvenile and irresponsible at best. As if the accentuated cleavage, and the exposed butt crack aren't in your face enough, when you select her character, the animation starts with wiggling her rear end at you in a manner that seems very "adult".

I hope I can assume that it was not Trendy Entertainment's intention, but it looks like someone was trying to fulfill some pedophelia fantasy. It is bad enough that artitsts do this to adult characters, but turning a child (boy or girl) into some kind of jailbait sex object is going way over the line.

Trendy Entertainment, I respectfully request that you fix the huntress. Make her clothes less revealing and more appropriate for her age. Remove animations that are innapropriate (such as the aformentioned tail wagging).

Fellow gamers, if you, like me, are tired of developers turning women (kids or adults) into sex objects, please boycott the Huntress until Trendy does something about it.
- Stop playing the Huntress character.
- Add "boycott Huntress" or something similar to your hosted game titles.
- Respectfully ask users who join your game as a huntress to change their class or leave.

Until Trendy Entertainment fixes the Huntress and stops creating characters who look and act like they are trying to feed child molesters' fantasies, I will be boycotting the Huntress. Please do the same.

Lol so can we have the rest of your list that the devs shouldnt do like hum goblins exploding doesnt give your child ideas of death? Why not of sex? At least it is fun? Or you want to boycot that as well?

You do understand that Elves are fictional characters right?

Uhm...yes? I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, chief?

The thing about the elf argument I find invalid is that in every fantasy setting I know of with elves they tend to age exactly like humans do until the late teens, then they pretty much stop aging for the next 500+ years. It does make me wonder what the character designer was thinking, but I don't really care much. As far as I'm concerned she's just a child-like entity that takes up the bottom half of my screen while I play and annoyingly keeps aiming at walls I pass too close to.

Elves in D&D reach physical maturity at age 110. Elves in middle earth (LoTR) reach physical maturity at 50. Actually, I can't think of any fictional setting where elves age at the same rate as humans....