Sign in to follow this  
NineO_OSix

LOL game too easy now. Solo any map kill orge instantly by swaping between hero

What people don't understand is NOT EVERYONE FINDS THE GAME EASY; Like seriously calm the derp down. I'm still struggling to get past the Nightmare 2 and 3 barrier because match making is pointless and solo you have to figure out builds on your own. Unless you're a DD1 veteran or just naturally good at games like this it is possible that people will struggle. My highest ipwr is like 599 and thats only because I got lucky and a friend took my only character at the time through NM3 incursion and gates NM4 which was only a dps huntress...

The game needs better tips on how to do things rather than finding an item and trying to figure out what it combines with effect wise like how the ice turret passive thing only works with traps and auras; Hell I cant even do Nm1 Catacombs incursion because the game LITERALLY TELLS YOU NOTHING ABOUT THE INCURSION

YouTube is a good resource for builds, plus the DD2 Planner has loads and loads of rated builds.

@Pneuma quote:

Nightmare 2 and 3 barrier

Interesting != Difficult.

I haven't gotten past Free Play because the game is fundamentally boring. Not because I think it's "easy."

@Fozzie quote:

YouTube is a good resource for builds, plus the DD2 Planner has loads and loads of rated builds.

i know about the DD1 builder page (ddplanner.com) but there is already one for DD2?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Here it begins.

NM4 was always a joke. You are now finally understanding it. I have been calling it Insane + all this time for a reason.

This is where the strategic revamp has to come in. For the next patch or so this game will be far easier than it ever was and this is where NM needs to be addressed.

Next patch I want to see the game change for the better. Stop appealing to the casuals and get rid of the stupid NM numbering system and making them feel special.

Nightmare should be tough as all hell and not everyone should be able to do it initially. Go play DD1 it had NM done the right way. I would fail time and time again and eventually I would get closer and closer. Nothing beats that feeling when I finally progressed through and conquered it.

Your enemies aren't a threat atm. You have not one enemy type that seeks out your hero, not one. You have nothing to compare to the horror's of Sharken, Djinn, Spiders and Goblin Copters.

They keep holding back Dark Assassin because you ***ing casuals would cry out for a nerf as soon as you first encountered him and instead they prioritized a ***ty Carnival update.

Now is the perfect time to start introducing new enemy types. If new Hero's are coming out, give them a purpose to exist and bring in new enemies to counter them.

Why do you think I'm not playing the game atm?

You have nothing to challenge me.

i second this. DD2's mechanics in general are a joke compared to what DD1's were. DD2 has way too many limiting factors for it to ever reach the level DD1 was on. A game made for casuals is boring. Give us back the stat system from DD1, remove the NM tiers past 1 and make each Map scale way more like it does in DD1. Give us back all the amazing possible builds we could do like in DD1. 

Ive said this on multiple threads, the devs need to get rid of this thought of constantly nerfing everything. Its why this game is so boring. Nerfing is the sole reason we dont have the old stat system. Dev's are too lazy to properly balance kits around stats so they just remove scaling on certain stats altogether. Thats why range and speed tower stats were removed on gear because the devs were too lazy to rework kits so they werent broken and could perma lock/gatling gun everything in sight. You couldnt perma lock anything in DD1 unless you literally caused mobs to create a blockade because of so many of them being piled ontop of each other and even if that happened just killing the front row of mobs would fix the blockade.

Whats the point of having NM tiers when all that is increased is HP and strength? I want back the DD1 NM where a single mob could ruin an entire build (sharks anyone?). Those things moved insanely fast and pushed defenses aside like nothing. If you didnt watch everything constantly in NM you got over run really fast even if you were decked out in end game gear. It was always a challenge because there wasnt nearly the limitations we have now. 

Try nm4 spooky with only walls and frosty. ^^ it won't be too easy. *wink*

Plus, it'll be a good laugh whenever ur friends die and more satisfying when u guys win.

@Arcflare quote:Thats why range and speed tower stats were removed on gear because the devs were too lazy to rework kits so they werent broken and could perma lock/gatling gun everything in sight.

Actually, it was done because the animations would reset so quickly that the defense would be incapable of dealing damage.

So while a skeletal orc do jazz hands is quite funny to watch, not having it deal any damage at all is a bug.  A bug that can only be fixed by introducing a limit on how fast it can attack.

Which you just said was lazy design.

Please remember that there is as much to design in removing as there is in adding.  Would Flappy Bird have been as good as it was if you could just hold your finger on the screen and lead the bird wherever you wanted? No, it wouldn't have.  Instead there's a limitation that invites interesting gameplay.

Infinite stats are the same way.  Yes, we could all play Pun Pun the Infinite Kobold, but that wouldn't be any fun at all.

@Draco18s quote:
@Arcflare quote:Thats why range and speed tower stats were removed on gear because the devs were too lazy to rework kits so they werent broken and could perma lock/gatling gun everything in sight.

Actually, it was done because the animations would reset so quickly that the defense would be incapable of dealing damage.

So while a skeletal orc do jazz hands is quite funny to watch, not having it deal any damage at all is a bug.  A bug that can only be fixed by introducing a limit on how fast it can attack.

It is lazy design because it was something that could have been fixed so it worked properly but instead removed it altogether. Capping attack speed wouldnt be the only way to fix a bug like that. Theres a ton of different ways to code something so it works properly but the devs didnt bother going through to find what was causing it. It was either that or couldnt figure it out within a time span so removed it. With enough time any game breaking bug can be fixed. Removing those removed the growth perspective that DD1 did so well. Being able to visually see your character growing is what gave motivation. That was completely removed in DD2. All you see is damage numbers go up while everything else remains static for the most part. Look at gear as another example. In DD1 you could find amazing pieces of gear that could have a few levels on it that was better than yours and later on down the road you could find another piece that was weaker but had 300 levels you could put on it that would blow what you had out of the water with enough investment in it. 

Look at weapons, in DD1 you could level them and change the projectile speed, number of projectiles, and even elements on top of all the other stats you had related to towers and your characters abilities and even a stat that augmented your secondary fire. In DD2 all we get on weapons is damage, static number of projectiles, and some tower/hero stats and a few passives. Hardly any levels on gear and when you do level it you cant level up but a couple stats. Cant level the projectile speed, range or number. 

This gave so much freedom on how you could build your heroes. You could even build heroes with the sole purpose of building and repairing really fast during waves. Limitations make for stale gameplay and replayability. I cant even pick up DD2 for more than an hour before im bored with it and end up going back to DD1 and playing it for hours on end with my friends or by myself.

Also idk why you brought up Flappy Bird. Literally the entire definition of casual brainless gaming.

@Arcflare quote:

@Draco18s quote:

It is lazy design because it was something that could have been fixed so it worked properly but instead removed it altogether. Capping attack speed wouldnt be the only way to fix a bug like that. Theres a ton of different ways to code something so it works properly but the devs didnt bother going through to find what was causing it. It was either that or couldnt figure it out within a time span so removed it. With enough time any game breaking bug can be fixed. Removing those removed the growth perspective that DD1 did so well. Being able to visually see your character growing is what gave motivation. That was completely removed in DD2. All you see is damage numbers go up while everything else remains static for the most part. Look at gear as another example. In DD1 you could find amazing pieces of gear that could have a few levels on it that was better than yours and later on down the road you could find another piece that was weaker but had 300 levels you could put on it that would blow what you had out of the water with enough investment in it. 

Look at weapons, in DD1 you could level them and change the projectile speed, number of projectiles, and even elements on top of all the other stats you had related to towers and your characters abilities and even a stat that augmented your secondary fire. In DD2 all we get on weapons is damage, static number of projectiles, and some tower/hero stats and a few passives. Hardly any levels on gear and when you do level it you cant level up but a couple stats. Cant level the projectile speed, range or number. 

This gave so much freedom on how you could build your heroes. You could even build heroes with the sole purpose of building and repairing really fast during waves. Limitations make for stale gameplay and replayability. I cant even pick up DD2 for more than an hour before im bored with it and end up going back to DD1 and playing it for hours on end with my friends or by myself.

Also idk why you brought up Flappy Bird. Literally the entire definition of casual brainless gaming.

You better stay in DD1, seems like prefer it instead of DD2.

DD2 is still growing, and we are in the middle of a process, were they are re-balancing,  that means, this is not the final version, they are testing, fixing and enhancing, so calling it "lazy design" just because it doesn't match what you want is like insulting the developers.  From the amount of real bugs that big release had, I can say they are doing a great work, the design is good and is open for enhancements. I really love DD2, have 18 chars at this moment, maybe the only fail I see is the lvl cap, it's to low. DD1, I got bored of it, have a lot of maps, but when you get the perfect armor, then you can do everything. In DD1 I just reach 8 chars, but at the end I just used 4 as much. All games have their fails, but that doesn't mean developers doesn't work hard, and guess what.. this game is FOR FREE!! so just wait and see, if the final game is not for you, you are welcome to stay in DD1 (for me is already dead no enough community as before)

I love the way they added the new map, a remake of the old DD1 map, but they did enough to make it a totally new map! so is not just a copy&paste, Trendy if you continue with this nice work, for sure I will continue giving my little support, bring that new EV2 I will gladly pay 15USD!

@DarkChuky quote:

@Arcflare quote:

@Draco18s quote:

You better stay in DD1, seems like prefer it instead of DD2.

DD2 is still growing, and we are in the middle of a process, were they are re-balancing,  that means, this is not the final version, they are testing, fixing and enhancing, so calling it "lazy design" just because it doesn't match what you want is like insulting the developers.  From the amount of real bugs that big release had, I can say they are doing a great work, the design is good and is open for enhancements. I really love DD2, have 18 chars at this moment, maybe the only fail I see is the lvl cap, it's to low. DD1, I got bored of it, have a lot of maps, but when you get the perfect armor, then you can do everything. In DD1 I just reach 8 chars, but at the end I just used 4 as much. All games have their fails, but that doesn't mean developers doesn't work hard, and guess what.. this game is FOR FREE!! so just wait and see, if the final game is not for you, you are welcome to stay in DD1 (for me is already dead no enough community as before)

I love the way they added the new map, a remake of the old DD1 map, but they did enough to make it a totally new map! so is not just a copy&paste, Trendy if you continue with this nice work, for sure I will continue giving my little support, bring that new EV2 I will gladly pay 15USD!

You're right, at the current moment i do prefer DD1. It has far better mechanics for hardcore players and a lot more replayability than DD2 does at the moment. Obviously i know its still a work in progress but if the current system is the direction theyre taking it then it wont be a game i enjoy because it caters to the casual. The people from DD1 wouldnt be complaining so much if the devs made a statement saying that they would at least experiment with some old mechanics from DD1 that people loved.

Also you may seem it as insulting but its called being a harsh critic. Plenty of people from DD1 have been posting as well saying things need to change for them to want to keep playing and supporting the franchise like they did in DD1. 

Of course personal opinions differ but we all want DD2 to succeed.

@Arcflare quote:Also you may seem it as insulting but its called being a harsh critic. Plenty of people from DD1 have been posting as well saying things need to change for them to want to keep playing and supporting the franchise like they did in DD1. 

Where as I want things to "not be like DD1" because "doing it like DD1" is the fastest way to get me to quit playing.  DD1 was fun right up until the Shards DLC, then everything went to s**.  Everything.  Nightmare wasn't balanced, the new mobs weren't balanced, loot wasn't balanced, the new maps weren't balanced, bugs in loot drops allowing some people to fast-forward over content, only for it to get fixed leaving the rest of us without a bridge...

No, I don't want that back.

There's already issues in DD2's design with regard to high iPWR weapons, in that the amount of enchanting you need to do goes up exponentially related to iPWR.  At the current point, jumping from iPWR 745 to 750 increases the amount of work to hit max-enchantment massively, requiring dozens and dozens of pieces of legendary gear to be sacrificed for the last level alone.

That system is not fundamentally viable in the long run:  Increasing the iPWR in the future, even to just 752, will make that next enchantment level virtually unobtainable.

Everyone seems keen on this idea of "more and more stats" and I don't like it.  All that is is a Skinner Box.  It's not actually fun, it's a psychological hack designed to make your body pump dopamine into your bloodstream that makes you think you're having fun, but in retrospect is a vapid illusion that provides no real, substantial accomplishment.

I realize that some folks like this sort of gameplay, and will defend it to the death, but for me it's a waste of time.  I would much rather build something I can be proud of, something concrete.  Things like this, this, this, this, and this.  Most, if not all, of those took me at least as many hours as I dumped into DD1 (ok, not the shader, but that was a minor task in a larger project that isn't online and the swf thing was merely a proof of concept).  All of those I can point to and say "I did that" and while they might have flaws, they're things that someone else hasn't done.  DD1? I got to level 74.  Whoop de doo da.

I once had my Skype status set to "I did two impossible things today.  What have you done?" and it was not wrong.

@Draco18s quote:
@Arcflare quote:Also you may seem it as insulting but its called being a harsh critic. Plenty of people from DD1 have been posting as well saying things need to change for them to want to keep playing and supporting the franchise like they did in DD1. 

Where as I want things to "not be like DD1" because "doing it like DD1" is the fastest way to get me to quit playing.  DD1 was fun right up until the Shards DLC, then everything went to s**.  Everything.  Nightmare wasn't balanced, the new mobs weren't balanced, loot wasn't balanced, the new maps weren't balanced, bugs in loot drops allowing some people to fast-forward over content, only for it to get fixed leaving the rest of us without a bridge...

No, I don't want that back.

There's already issues in DD2's design with regard to high iPWR weapons, in that the amount of enchanting you need to do goes up exponentially related to iPWR.  At the current point, jumping from iPWR 745 to 750 increases the amount of work to hit max-enchantment massively, requiring dozens and dozens of pieces of legendary gear to be sacrificed for the last level alone.

That system is not fundamentally viable in the long run:  Increasing the iPWR in the future, even to just 752, will make that next enchantment level virtually unobtainable.

Everyone seems keen on this idea of "more and more stats" and I don't like it.  All that is is a Skinner Box.  It's not actually fun, it's a psychological hack designed to make your body pump dopamine into your bloodstream that makes you think you're having fun, but in retrospect is a vapid illusion that provides no real, substantial accomplishment.

I realize that some folks like this sort of gameplay, and will defend it to the death, but for me it's a waste of time.  I would much rather build something I can be proud of, something concrete.  Things like this, this, this, this, and this.  Most, if not all, of those took me at least as many hours as I dumped into DD1 (ok, not the shader, but that was a minor task in a larger project that isn't online and the swf thing was merely a proof of concept).  All of those I can point to and say "I did that" and while they might have flaws, they're things that someone else hasn't done.  DD1? I got to level 74.  Whoop de doo da.

I once had my Skype status set to "I did two impossible things today.  What have you done?" and it was not wrong.

Just.....lol.....

First off you say you love DD2, then you go onto say how horrible the enchantment system is instead of bringing up positive points about it over DD1. DD1's enchant system was far more forgiving because each enchant had far more impact on gear than it does in DD2 imo. Also you say all those things were imbalanced when they really weren't. They were made to be challenging. DD1 wasnt a game made for casuals that dont enjoy a grind or deep mechanics and thats what kept the game popular for so long because all of the hardcore players stuck with it. Sure things could have used slight changes here and there but youre saying if they did that in DD2 all the "imbalanced" stuff would still exist. 

None of us have ever said for DD2 to be exactly like DD1, were saying take what made DD1 great and expand on that foundation instead of throwing away the entire formula.

Also i love how you try to use psychology/Anatomy to explain what is fun for people and what isnt and then go to say that it isnt an accomplishment. Unless youre a professional gamer playing in DOTA 2, LOL's LCS, or CSGO's lan qualifiers/major's or doing youtube for a living, gaming in general is just a time killer and theres no real accomplishment in it. So that completely negates your entire argument on the statement. But if you dont think so then what you perceive as fun is not actually fun, it's a psychological hack designed to make your body pump dopamine into your bloodstream that makes you think you're having fun, but in retrospect is a vapid illusion that provides no real, substantial accomplishment.

See what i did there?

Also this isnt about you, its about the community and whats best for the game to be successful. Your entire statement is about yourself while mine at least revolves around the people the players who loved DD1. This game wont last long if it doesnt have a solid player base and a couple of people wont fund it enough to keep it around. A game shouldnt be based on hoping new players come around while older ones leave but keeping the current players while gaining and keeping new ones as well with long lasting content.

@Arcflare quote:First off you say you love DD2, then you go onto say how horrible the enchantment system is instead of bringing up positive points about it over DD1.

Ironically, I don't actually love DD2.  I hate it.  I haven't played since Halloween or thereabouts.  I haven't played beyond Free Play Hard, I don't have a full deck of level 50s, I haven't beaten Harb Inger.

But that's I am working to make DD2 a better game.  Because I don't like it and I want to.

well the true is I love both, DD1 and DD2, just I don't play DD1 cause is dead, not enough community, friends not playing any more and I "finished the game"

DD2 still growing that means there will be reason to play it.

For sure I don't want DD2 to be the same as DD1, I want DD2 to be a new game, not a copy&paste of DD1. and I think Trendy is doing good in that, they are experimenting using what was good in DD1 and trying to add new stuff to make it a different game. And this looks like any mmorpg, you reach max level, with max items, then after some months a new "expansion" new levels, new items, higher levels!!! (and for sure old stuff become a joke, new stuff will always be OP for current maps)

I think this game has way to little variance and to many difficulties, with the most difficult not really being hard enough.

I agree that the lane resistance had to go on the easiest modes, being easy through insane, but i would have liked it to stay in some form or another. Maybe it could have a gamemode for itself, or a challenge. I liked the mode that changed the resistance lanes mid-game, forcing you to actually do something durring the game... now even on nm4, you just build something and basically afk rest of the map. The cleansing tries to keep the players active, but lets face it, a good build, and you won't have to cleanse untill wave 5 or so.

I don't mind the game having easy modes for the casual player, but i'm sad that the difficulty of the game has gone down to such an extent.

I have about 400 hours of DD1 with 4 (maybe 5 i think) heroes between level 70-80, and its harder (more tactical and fun) for me to make a nm build, than it is on DD2, and there are still maps and challenges i can't do solo. To a comparison, i have 260 hours of DD2 with all heroes level 50, and nothing is a challenge. It is actually harder for me to take out the thrash.

I approve of the casual dd player, and that they are here to stay. They are more than welcome, but PLEASE for gods sake, remember the players who loves nothing but a real challenge. I really can't see no real reason for DD2 not to have both kinds of gameplay... i mean it MUST have been the intention with 100 different difficulties, but something must have gone wrong.

@stev.dk quote:

I think this game has way to little variance and to many difficulties, with the most difficult not really being hard enough.

I agree that the lane resistance had to go on the easiest modes, being easy through insane, but i would have liked it to stay in some form or another. Maybe it could have a gamemode for itself, or a challenge. I liked the mode that changed the resistance lanes mid-game, forcing you to actually do something durring the game... now even on nm4, you just build something and basically afk rest of the map. The cleansing tries to keep the players active, but lets face it, a good build, and you won't have to cleanse untill wave 5 or so.

I don't mind the game having easy modes for the casual player, but i'm sad that the difficulty of the game has gone down to such an extent.

I have about 400 hours of DD1 with 4 (maybe 5 i think) heroes between level 70-80, and its harder (more tactical and fun) for me to make a nm build, than it is on DD2, and there are still maps and challenges i can't do solo. To a comparison, i have 260 hours of DD2 with all heroes level 50, and nothing is a challenge. It is actually harder for me to take out the thrash.

I approve of the casual dd player, and that they are here to stay. They are more than welcome, but PLEASE for gods sake, remember the players who loves nothing but a real challenge. I really can't see no real reason for DD2 not to have both kinds of gameplay... i mean it MUST have been the intention with 100 different difficulties, but something must have gone wrong.

Lane resistances were removed as the first step for the strategy revamp.

@Soulstiger quote:

@stev.dk quote:

I approve of the casual dd player, and that they are here to stay. They are more than welcome, but PLEASE for gods sake, remember the players who loves nothing but a real challenge. 

This

@Nelly quote:

@Fozzie quote:

i know about the DD1 builder page (ddplanner.com) but there is already one for DD2?

https://dd2.shadowlauch.de/

@nah quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@stev.dk quote:

I approve of the casual dd player, and that they are here to stay. They are more than welcome, but PLEASE for gods sake, remember the players who loves nothing but a real challenge. 

This

Wait, did you mean to erase what I said?

@Soulstiger quote:

@nah quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Wait, did you mean to erase what I said?

I am agreeing with what you said. 

Ah... it's wiping all the text in what you quoted lol

actually, I am wiping parts that do no pertain to my post. There is no need to post a wall of text. i just keep what is needed.