Sign in to follow this  
NineO_OSix

LOL game too easy now. Solo any map kill orge instantly by swaping between hero

only problem now is trendy really hates nm4 player only 20ish medals for doing the hardest map in the game taking 30mins. When people can do easy harb for 3 medal only taking 2 mins.

Here it begins.

NM4 was always a joke. You are now finally understanding it. I have been calling it Insane + all this time for a reason.

This is where the strategic revamp has to come in. For the next patch or so this game will be far easier than it ever was and this is where NM needs to be addressed.

Next patch I want to see the game change for the better. Stop appealing to the casuals and get rid of the stupid NM numbering system and making them feel special.

Nightmare should be tough as all hell and not everyone should be able to do it initially. Go play DD1 it had NM done the right way. I would fail time and time again and eventually I would get closer and closer. Nothing beats that feeling when I finally progressed through and conquered it.

Your enemies aren't a threat atm. You have not one enemy type that seeks out your hero, not one. You have nothing to compare to the horror's of Sharken, Djinn, Spiders and Goblin Copters.

They keep holding back Dark Assassin because you ***ing casuals would cry out for a nerf as soon as you first encountered him and instead they prioritized a ***ty Carnival update.

Now is the perfect time to start introducing new enemy types. If new Hero's are coming out, give them a purpose to exist and bring in new enemies to counter them.

Why do you think I'm not playing the game atm?

You have nothing to challenge me.

Removing lane resistances would most certainly reduce the difficulty, along with being able to use all your heroes.

We all knew this, no need to moan about it. Was it even worth a post, I think not.

This is the first part of the strategic revamp. As Knows says it is time to bring in the Old Ones big guns.

Ogre mobs, sharken, DEWs, spiders, fire mages from the carnival, Djinn to unsummon your defences if you don't look out, copters to drop mobs behind your outer defences and then pepper you with seeking missiles.

@Fozzie quote:

Removing lane resistances would most certainly reduce the difficulty, along with being able to use all your heroes.

They removed the resistances? ^^ Couldnt play after patch yet but that sound a bit much. 

*shrug* I'm having more fun than ever just building what I want where I want. I could care less about everything else in this patch, the removal of the lane resistances made everything better.

Friend and I just started chipping away at NM4 after LONG layoff due to game being a trap/frosty simulator.

We are enjoying the diversity and IMMENSELY enjoying the Abyss Lord.  This patch was my favorite by far Trendy, great work!

Now it's time to balance the other heroes and make them as OP as the Abyss Lord :)

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Here it begins.

NM4 was always a joke. You are now finally understanding it. I have been calling it Insane + all this time for a reason.

This is where the strategic revamp has to come in. For the next patch or so this game will be far easier than it ever was and this is where NM needs to be addressed.

Next patch I want to see the game change for the better. Stop appealing to the casuals and get rid of the stupid NM numbering system and making them feel special.

Nightmare should be tough as all hell and not everyone should be able to do it initially. Go play DD1 it had NM done the right way. I would fail time and time again and eventually I would get closer and closer. Nothing beats that feeling when I finally progressed through and conquered it.

Your enemies aren't a threat atm. You have not one enemy type that seeks out your hero, not one. You have nothing to compare to the horror's of Sharken, Djinn, Spiders and Goblin Copters.

They keep holding back Dark Assassin because you ***ing casuals would cry out for a nerf as soon as you first encountered him and instead they prioritized a ***ty Carnival update.

Now is the perfect time to start introducing new enemy types. If new Hero's are coming out, give them a purpose to exist and bring in new enemies to counter them.

This

yeah im sure you can build defense not upgrade it and afk for 30 minutes sounds legit to me go play incursion  they had like 15 flying dynamite guys coming out every round i actually died several times to them and lost allot of towers but im sure you are correct and this was in nm3 ............. likely yes i could solo most of the maps in endgame solo but not incursion..... and theres no way you can afk in incursion nm4 which is real endgame

I agree with KnowsNoLimits except on the sharken part. Sharkens weren't challenging, only annoying and sometimes just straight up bugged through your defenses.

Lots of you are ignorant to the actual plans announced in the dev stream and always have to find something to complain about. Removing the lane resistance was the first step planned out by the team as said in the dev stream, sure it made it somewhat easier but its also a lot more enjoyable being able to build unique builds. Its also funny seeing a new elitiest in the forums every week 9 oh 6 being the next one, spin the wheel couple hundred times get your gear and suddenly you're the best good for you man. But trendy is listening to players and has been shown in their dev streams and the map what their plans are but again you are too ignorant to read or watch this and have to complain. 

I'm with [[24592,users]] on this as well, although I also think he over-emphasizes the Sharken's power (someone had some bad experiences on Aquanos, eh? :P), I'm personally stoked at the prospect of the Goblin Copter or a hero-killer unit that just goes after the player.

Personally I want a mob that can't be defeated by repeatedly punching it in the face until it stops moving.

Sharken were an enemy that you had to punch in the face first and foremost before they got an action.  So were genies (genies had priority over sharken because they unsummoned towers, sharken just moved them).

Spiders you had to map their spawns through trial and error before you could reliably trap them into submission (it's like punching in the face, except more like spawn camping with stickies you don't have to replace).  I was the one who supplied the original map of Mistymire Forest's spider spawns, though most people worked it out mentally.

Ogers you punch in the face so they pay attention to you (and it has to be the face, because they're short sighted).

Javelin Throwers you (used to) have to punch in the face because they (had) longer range than your towers, but then people complained so now you can freely ignore them because your towers punch them in the face.

Goblins are just trash mobs, one punch is enough.

One-Punch-Man-01-03.jpg

What else is there?

A "timer" based enemy could be cool. Something in the spirit of "Death" from the Gauntlet series. Your goal is to simply outlast and avoid it, because you can't actually hurt it. It would certainly be interesting, and this game would definitely use all the "interesting" you can give it.

This thread is a lie.  I swapped a hero when an ogre spawned and it didn't die. 

@iAndy quote:

This thread is a lie.  I swapped a hero when an ogre spawned and it didn't die. 

Was this ironic?

He meant that you can switch between DPS to quickly kill an ogre, and it is true. Just swap for huntress for draco + sticknade, then swap for another DPS + sandstorm, reswap for huntress + draco + stickande, etc.

I guess I'm hyper-casual if I can't make this game work in its current state, based on above comments.

I'm at a dead limbo where "Insane isn't hard and doesn't give gear I can use" VS "Nightmare is too hard and I can't do it due to bad RNG drops for my waller (Squire), who gets NO hearty blockades, etc.)"

If the game's going to get harder, I might as well quit while I'm ahead since I'm going to be eternally stuck in this lowbie hell..

I think you guys misunderstood. Easy is great. Back in dd1 I love sitting up high and doing nothing while minions die. Finally have that back and able to build every tower in the game with all 9 of my heroes.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Here it begins.

Actually i found DD1 nightmare to be sort of a cakewalk once you got the right setup.

Since the day the releasd E.V and summoner together, it was just over.

But on the other hand i have over 4000 hours soon into that game, so i guess i'm abit over qualified to talk about nightmare difficulty being hard (Which it isnt for me)

Knowledge is power, as someone put it, the more you know, the better its going to be, the best farming spots, the best setups, the best type of pets/DPS combinations, controller emulators, all that stuff.

Also the fact that i can have 20+ builders/DPS if i wanted to in that game, and 4 of them out at the same time.

For example, akatiti NMHC, i have 1 dps monk, 3 afk dps summoners with 2 pets each (1 cat), its just a cakewalk.

But yes DD2 is going in the wrong direction when it comes to difficulty, but i guess its because casuals complain so much (Just like in WoW) I like vanilla wow, and TBC, but once they nerfed raids, and casuals took over the game, it was just over.

Let me reword that for you, NineO

@NineO_OSix quote:

I think you guys misunderstood. I like watching the game play itself.

Because honestly, that's what you're doing.  And those of us who want to actually be involved find that method of play boring as ***

I mean, I did this once.  I have no interest in ever doing that ever again.  It took over 6 hours and I was not in the room for 5 and a half of it.