Sign in to follow this  
Valnoor

So, you wanna get abyssal lord without irl murder.

I think there's something to be had in the idea of first giving more things for free and charge after the game's an obvious success 

Lots of "f2p" stuff begins with 0 profit and then after it explodes it picks up the $$.  No f2p game has really done that yet afaik... even LoL started out with the exact same premium model that's never been changed?  Idk if I started playing when it came out or not

The grind for abyssal feels too long, and the price seems too much.

I would be okay if the grind period is 1 month and if the price was less than 10$, but the current ones are just not acceptable to me.

@Valnoor quote:

WELL, I THINK ILL LOGIN TO SEE WHAT THIS PATCH FUSS IS ABOUT. Oh my a new character. Let me just go to create a character and... wait. What are these medal thingies. Ok i see they will make us work for it. So let me go and check the site... 5-25 per match, 100-250 per daily, 1500-2000 monthly. Well, this doesn't seem like pay to win at all. "Oh" you might say "you can just farm hard onslaught all day everyday for a few weeks". "Well" i and large % of player base say "i don't have all the characters at max or the best gear rngesus will allow". Well too bad casual scrublords. Why would this game that has been in alpha for a year give anything back? Why would this game, one that thousands have supported through the countless bugs, bad optimization, and questionable updates give you a break? This character is impossible to get without days of constant farming or 15 dollars. Im in highschool just like many others who have this game. We have neither the time nor the money for this. When i saw that the devs were becoming active again i thought that only good will come of this, but no. The fair was pay to win and now this is just scummy. YOU LITERALLY CANNOT ACCESS THE MOST IMPORTANT CONTENT OF THIS GAME THE HOUR, DAY, NOT EVEN WEEK IT RELEASES UNLESS U ARE BOTTING OR VERY, VERY LUCKY. Or you shell out a nice cool 15 buckaroos and access the pay to win side of things. This is really bad. This is the wrong direction for any f2p game. I know its rough and u gotta make money but add cooler skins (the star wars apprentice was just lazily sad) or add cool costume weapons. Just do something that doesn't effect quality of gameplay. 

Perhaps you weren't old enough to play games then but lots of us actually paid hard cash (something your mummy and daddy take care of for you) back at the beginning, for this game.  

And it has been in development for two years and it will never come out of Alpha.  It suits the DEVS and their stockholders to keep it in Alpha because they don't have to fix anything, whilst still pushing in game purchases. 

They might call this game 'free to play' but it's definitely not 'free to win'. 

Oh dear yet another moaning thread, its so simple, buy the first one and then play them to earn subsequent ones, it's not rocket science FFS.

I see Armageddon drawing ever closer with so many dumbasses being born these days.

@Balmert quote:

What a surprise, in every single F2P game when something cost money in them is released, these people must  create a thread to complain because they don't want to put a single dollar in them while playing for hundred of hours, and they even try to make sense too, hilarous.

I still have like 15 k gems in-game and even I think, that the Abyss lord pack is overpriced in Gems, and waaay overpriced in Medals.

I will not buy it, because I think that the DD1 - 4$ DLC was more in touch with reality. 
It seems that they now follow something like Blizzard's HoTS - model mixed with their token idea.. sadly. :(

//Naki

Reading these threads has me like:

giphy.gif

People dont understand the concept of a developer needing money......................................... -____________-

I cant... I cant handle these people anymore... 

Lol in a few month people will be crying they have too many medals like people who had too many tokens. Funny how dota was brought up people spend 30 to 1000 dollars on skins who cares about 15 dollars plus it isnt even 15 dollars 1500 gems is like 12 dollars. It is day one i have 3000 medals 1/4 there already lol

it'd be a lot different if this was a fantastic game people had fun with 

right now it's more like "ah, new content that might make me enjoy playing... oh, I can't actually try it w/o sinking in a $ investment"

A company's gotta have the customer's trust when they ask for $ on non-refundable stuff.  It's really no surprise people are upset at the cost of the abyss lord because it's another annoying part of the game... because the game is annoying the play atm.  Most of us probably played games with crazy gated content (I came from the japanese style mmo days of insane grinding so...) and it was cool because the stuff required for the gated content was fun.  

So, yeah, people who make comparisons to successful games who have the player's trust is missing the point a bit. 

This is like your drug addict uncle asking for another chance at a business investment lol

My advice for people who are upset is to just hang out and give it time,  Wait until the next patch or two of structural changes to come and see if playing maps is fun again

@NineO_OSix quote:

Lol in a few month people will be crying they have too many medals like people who had too many tokens. Funny how dota was brought up people spend 30 to 1000 dollars on skins who cares about 15 dollars plus it isnt even 15 dollars 1500 gems is like 12 dollars. It is day one i have 3000 medals 1/4 there already lol

May I ask does the 3000 medal includes monthly + a daily reward?

//Naki

@Valnoor quote:

@tonyb quote:

f2p is not free. Never has been.   You do realize developers need to get paid right?  All the long hours spent trying to appease the masses called the gaming community need to be worth something.

Trendy is trying really hard not to make this game Pay2Win which is admirable since they are forgoing the easy win for the hopes that they can churn out a game that lasts the test of time.

dude look at dota, literally no purchases affect gameplay yet that make thousand a day, they started off of a mod/hack.

this started of of  a fairly successful title and yet they somehow cannot get their *** together

you are right free to play isnt free but pay to play in a free to play game makes no sense

as i said before I DONT WANT THE CHAR FOR FREE, i want it attainable without farming for weeks. if i cant get it by farming nonstop, no breaks for 48-72 hours then thats kind of unfair

Dota had a ridiculous amount of popularity before it? It literally defined a genre. I mean if I were to estimate it dd1 players: maybe a couple of 10's of thousands. Dota 1:Millions. Heck even league of legends hides champions behind paywall/grinds, same with smite, hearthstone etc. I'm kinda wishing dd2 was just a massive paywall all together like £40 (or dollar equivalent.) for all the content maybe minus BIG expansions. I've payed £75 for the franchise edition for dungeon defenders, +30 for collectors, this abyss lord debacle won't make me quit dungeon defenders. 

@Vallarr quote:

Its THAT simple. And YES, i expect free content, polished, refined, well prepared - then and ONLY THEN - i can give them my money, and spend something much more valuable - my time - playing their game. Im not gonna do that now. I have other games i can play, where devs deliver new, shiny, thorough, free content. 
Its not gonna work other way and im pretty sure, that PoE will thrive and DD2, if devs gonna stick to that mindset - will die quickly. 

Well, looks like we got a bit of catch22 here then. TE can't churn out free, polished, refined, well-prepared content without raking in some reliable income, but people aren't going to give them money till they get free, polished, refined, well-prepared content?

@BestProfileName quote:
Saying, "oh well I suppose it is probably too high" probably isn't going to change someone's mind. People saying, "if this does not change, I will stop playing." or, "I am not playing until you fix things" is EXACTLY how you change things.

And thus I leave that task to you folks instead~

*flitters away*

@euromikeym quote:

@Valnoor quote:

WELL, I THINK ILL LOGIN TO SEE WHAT THIS PATCH FUSS IS ABOUT. Oh my a new character. Let me just go to create a character and... wait. What are these medal thingies. Ok i see they will make us work for it. So let me go and check the site... 5-25 per match, 100-250 per daily, 1500-2000 monthly. Well, this doesn't seem like pay to win at all. "Oh" you might say "you can just farm hard onslaught all day everyday for a few weeks". "Well" i and large % of player base say "i don't have all the characters at max or the best gear rngesus will allow". Well too bad casual scrublords. Why would this game that has been in alpha for a year give anything back? Why would this game, one that thousands have supported through the countless bugs, bad optimization, and questionable updates give you a break? This character is impossible to get without days of constant farming or 15 dollars. Im in highschool just like many others who have this game. We have neither the time nor the money for this. When i saw that the devs were becoming active again i thought that only good will come of this, but no. The fair was pay to win and now this is just scummy. YOU LITERALLY CANNOT ACCESS THE MOST IMPORTANT CONTENT OF THIS GAME THE HOUR, DAY, NOT EVEN WEEK IT RELEASES UNLESS U ARE BOTTING OR VERY, VERY LUCKY. Or you shell out a nice cool 15 buckaroos and access the pay to win side of things. This is really bad. This is the wrong direction for any f2p game. I know its rough and u gotta make money but add cooler skins (the star wars apprentice was just lazily sad) or add cool costume weapons. Just do something that doesn't effect quality of gameplay. 

Perhaps you weren't old enough to play games then but lots of us actually paid hard cash (something your mummy and daddy take care of for you) back at the beginning, for this game.  

And it has been in development for two years and it will never come out of Alpha.  It suits the DEVS and their stockholders to keep it in Alpha because they don't have to fix anything, whilst still pushing in game purchases. 

thanks for supporting my point? ill pay for a quality assured game like wow but this is to unstable to put my money and time into in its current form. I've put money into dota because i know it wont bug out or commit suicide.

@NineO_OSix quote:

1100 gems 10 dollars, 500 gems 5 dollars. Math am i right? now, that 3k was due to the monthly mission emphasis on monthly, so u expect to get it in 4 months? It appears ,though none have tried cause its impossible, that medals cap at 12k. could be wrong but if im right then the grind wont stop due to never having enough medals to do anything after character purchase.

@Shadkillz quote:

it's a free to play game, the devs have to make money somehow, the whole thing that we are able to buy the new heroes for ingame currency is actually pretty amazing if you ask me!

they said in some stream that it is intended that it's a bit of a grind to get the new heroes but if you ask me the current situation is that casual players don't need the new hero now, and the pros are fully willing to pay those 15 dollars.

the only think i wish is that trendy drop the casual player focus, from lvl 1 to 50 is for casuals where you should have a campaing and a boss, where the whole nightmare section should just facesmack you with all new strats that are supposed to be for hardcore players or atleast some players who actually thinks about combinations, different mob types and all those variables there were in dd1.

the 25 medals for a 30 minute match in nm4 just makes me want to be a casual player this is the main issue of it taking so long to unlock really i dont  think i even want the hero if he is op by the time i get him he will be nerfed and if he is op than you pay for this i can solo nm4 maps with my current heroes so this isnt much of a good choice (not for me at least)

im even considering just using the medals to upgrade my gear might be a better option for me

Honestly, is it really that big of a deal? It isn't like the Summoner is a game-breaking deal. I mean, sure, he's pretty powerful and fun to play, but it's not like Trendy is gating content necessary to beat the game behind a paywall. I don't begrudge you the right to complain--Trendy should know if their userbase is disatisfied with the current system of progression--but it's not like this is unprecedented in F2P games. You have to choose to pay with either your money, or your time. I get that you would be frustrated since the Summoner is the centerpiece of the new update and he's not immediately available--but like I said before, he's not necessary to play the game. Just play the game, have fun, and you'll get him eventually. If you don't want to do that, then you'll have to buy him. Is it a fair exchange of value? I guess that's for you to decide. I'm also in high school, and I bought him.

Heres my opinion on it. 

Look at DD1. Each hero was like $4 on release and during steam sales later on they were as low as 50 cent. Having their first hero in DD2 costing 3x that amount is a little absurd especially if they are looking to be supported early on. It's nice that there is a free way to get the champ but if they are looking to give people an incentive to support them making a price tag that steep on a hero is not the way to go. People are far more inclined to buy  smaller purchases on a whim than bigger ones. $4 would have been a far more appropriate starting price point on a hero. The vast majority of people playing would be far more inclined to pay $4 for quick access to a new hero than a week of grinding or paying $12. 

@Valnoor quote:

Im not asking for a free hero here, i just want to be able to get it faster than in a few months. Any future characters should be obtainable the DAY they are released otherwise its really scummy.

Even in League of Legends you can't earn brand new characters in 1 day unless you play nonstop and don't sleep. But of course, leauge has like 150 characters to buy and DD2 only has one (so far).

I'd like you to keep in mind, they will probably ease up on this over time as heroes are added, because right now there's only one character to buy with the defender medals (wheras in games like league /dota you have dozens to  hundreds to choose from)

@Alhanalem quote:

@Valnoor quote:

Im not asking for a free hero here, i just want to be able to get it faster than in a few months. Any future characters should be obtainable the DAY they are released otherwise its really scummy.

Even in League of Legends you can't earn brand new characters in 1 day unless you play nonstop and don't sleep. But of course, leauge has like 150 characters to buy and DD2 only has one (so far).

I'd like you to keep in mind, they will probably ease up on this over time as heroes are added, because right now there's only one character to buy with the defender medals (wheras in games like league /dota you have dozens to  hundreds to choose from)

thank you for resolving the problem, oh wait you countered your own point by saying that you can get characters in a day with nonstop grinding, that seems a bit faster than months doesnt it?

@Alhanalem quote:

At the risk of going off topic, I just have to point out that you don't have to pay to unlock a damn thing in DotA, literally everything non-cosmetic is available at hour 1.

[[10616,hashtags]]

[[10617,hashtags]]

[[10618,hashtags]]

@TheWittyScamp quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

At the risk of going off topic, I just have to point out that you don't have to pay to unlock a damn thing in DotA, literally everything non-cosmetic is available at hour 1.

[[10616,hashtags]]

[[10617,hashtags]]

[[10618,hashtags]]

i dont understand why every game doesnt just use dotas model for cosmetics, you could buy this ram for 5 cents or you could get this ballin ass pimp cane that spawns piles of money and women for $358.19

First of all why you call it Pay 4 win, it doesn't make ppls Over Powered, its balanced... as much I would call it Pay to Early Access... and still you can get it for free... so just give time and get it... If you don't farm you will miss it (I missed Betsy pet, I was in 145 T_T) so stop complaining, and start farming.... I did 1000 without any effort, farming gold in Bazar Hard Free. So start playing for real, and you will make it, they almost Giff the monthly mission, so easy to perform that is ridiculous.

@DarkChuky quote:

First of all why you call it Pay 4 win, it doesn't make ppls Over Powered, its balanced... as much I would call it Pay to Early Access... and still you can get it for free... so just give time and get it... If you don't farm you will miss it (I missed Betsy pet, I was in 145 T_T) so stop complaining, and start farming.... I did 1000 without any effort, farming gold in Bazar Hard Free. So start playing for real, and you will make it, they almost Giff the monthly mission, so easy to perform that is ridiculous.

i mispoke i meant pay 2 play, also is my other thread i said that you cant get that far every day due to the majority of it being from having 3 daylies, you only get the medals when u finish a game and u get a max of 25, thats so much grinding, literally 1-2 months of just grinding

It really doesn't take THAT long to unlock with medals. There are people with thousands already and it's just the first day. I think once people figured out that you can do the easiest stuff in the game and get better medals than what people are typically speeding through (harbinger) prior today) gives, well they have less reason to complain. Combine how many you can get in a day just by playing levels if your patient with the daily and monthly missions and it really doesn't take THAT long.

@Valnoor quote:

Okay so. I got 500 DM yesterday bro, and I don't even have the gear for Insane mode. AND I'M IN COLLEGE. That should show you that my time is precious too yes? Guess what. I didn't even do Onslaught. I did an End Game Hard match on the first level solo, and got 100+ DM for that one mission. Dude. It's not that much of a grind. You also get more for the harder the missions you do. The harder the mission the more DM you get. I'll tell you, I have played a game where the grind is ***ing real, and the things you have to do to get good in that game are absurd, this is nothing compared to how terrible games can get on grinding. Would you like to run a mission 1000 times to get a title that increases your stats (by a pretty good amount mind you). Seriously though 1000 of a mission you can only run 12 times per day tops. That's a long ***ing time. And the pay to win was actual pay to win. Abyss Lord isn't pay to win because you don't NEED Abyss Lord to be good at the game, and Abyss Lord does not give other players any real advantage over you, since there's not really any PvP in this game(as far as I know). So I don't understand why you think it's pay to win.

@Valnoor quote:

@euromikeym quote:

@Valnoor quote:

thanks for supporting my point? ill pay for a quality assured game like wow but this is to unstable to put my money and time into in its current form. I've put money into dota because i know it wont bug out or commit suicide.

Just as a um side note. You do realize they have declared they are coming out of Alpha this year in the devstream, yes?