Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

Kings Valley 2 - Its Almost Here

88-0-1459883205.png
88-19-1459881575.jpg
88-20-1459881575.jpg
88-16-1459881578.jpg
88-13-1459881580.jpg
 The time is coming that this project will finally be out the door and in your hands to play, explore and mostly just enjoy the scenery.   There's some balancing issues and just a few performance tweaks I need to sort out before I put this up for download.  But here it is, after a year of sinking what spare time I have into it. 

FEATURES:
 - Quests to Complete with a custom text-dialogue display. 
- Open world Exploration ( the only invisible walls you'll run into are the ones that keep you from falling out of the world.)
-Consumable Items (4 Potions, 2 Scrolls) with fun and helpful effects!
-4 Unique Crystal Defense Zones
-Treasure Hunt (Involving Keys)
-Tavern with shop keeper available out of combat

- Fast Travel Via portal network

- Unique rewards for completing each zone

- Unique rewards for each quest completed (4 - 5)

- Completely brand new models(310+) Textures (180 + their shaders), Particle Effects (14), Pseudo Volumetric Fog, Sound effects, Music (Recorded and mixed by myself)

-CO-OP Up to 4  players (effectively) 

System Requirements:
 - Graphics Card with at least 1GB RAM

- 4 Core CPU (Faster the better)

DOWNLOAD LINK:  http://www.nexusmods.com/dungeondefenders/mods/88/?  

(FILE IS NOT UPLOADED AS OF RIGHT NOW, KEEP AN EYE OUT LATER THIS MONTH)

Looks promessing. Probebly even better then DD2 skeleton.png

I can't imagine the amount of work you've put into this. Can't wait to see the final result.

Looks gorgeous.  Hope there isnt a build timer so I can just walk around and enjoy.  Awesome work Nexus!!

the map looks absolutly Beautiful !

awesome FEATURES i can now move around and discover places like an open world

Great work Nexus :)

Thanks for the comments and excitement!  Unfortunately the latest builds have netted an unsettling black screen loading in the game.. which I have not been able to route the problem.. so that's put a pin on getting it out to be played in the time frame of the next week.  Will post again here if / when I get it sorted out.  If not.. I can't afford to work on it after this time window I've  put aside for it.. so it might be the death of my efforts here.   If that's the case I will at the very least put up a showcase video or something.

Thanks.. I got the black screen issue sorted out finally with some reengineering of the consumable system (which was causing the issue) but now there is a ghost stuttering issue that I'm currently working on weeding out.  Hopefully I'm not stuck in a loop of having to fix everything as I go here.

EDIT: The good news : I got the stutter issue worked out, and the level is loading up without any issues except for the bad news.  Other good news loading the map up doesn't use more than 2.5GB of dedicated ram(roughly) and it doesn't seem to tax the GPU ram more than 800MB or so. All great things considering how big the level is. 

The bad news:  There's a loading problem where character materials / model data is not being fully loaded so they appear blurry. Nothing I can do about that, it seems its a memory priority issue.  Secondly, the consumable system is not functioning with a cooked map. It seems there's no options around this incredibly irritating problem at the moment either.  Thirdly, in order to clear the stutter issue I was having, I had to rebuild two areas of the map completely to clear the apparent problem which just tacked on more things I have to fix.

And that's that. I've expended the time I had set aside for it and then some.. so I'll try and bleed some more time to get it out and playable, without the consumables (hopefully only temporarily).