Sign in to follow this  
lll_vrede_lll

Keeping this game alive

Dear, dear Trendy,

This game is becoming more and more like all other tower defense games out there.

DD1 was one of the most perfect games out there, and Trendy manages to eradicate all the features DD1 had by making DD2 much too easy.

What I wanted to say is: Let your developers start up DD1 again and let them look at the features in the game for a couple of hours.

Not that i don't like the DD2 concept, but looting is waaaaay too easy and the challenges aren't a big deal.

I know there are a lot more people who wrote about this, but the problem is that there are too few people who stand up against Trendy for being a lame *ss.

The problem with this game is that Trendy already has the money in their pockets, so they can do whatever they want with the game.

That why I ask of You Trendy,........no......I beg of You:

Please let your developers take a look at DD1 before implementing any other useless updates.

P.S. I still love the game too much to let go, but I just get overly bored sometimes by not having to work hard for my gear.

A lot of us have been saying the same thing. They need to take the things from DD1, use it as a base and expand upon it and make it even better. Nothing in that game was broken because unless you literally had everything maxed out there was always a chance you could get rekt. Thats what a real challenge is and is what made DD1 so great. You had these overwhelming looking defenses when you had really high stats but oh man it doesnt matter when you had to micro manage every second making sure that one lone shark didnt bash through a defense and let an ogre through. Like ive constantly said on this forum, Over-The-Top is what made DD1 great! Insane maps, Insane stats, and some pretty equally insane mobs that said i don't care to your defenses. 

Some decent changes are coming this month but theres still a huge amount that needs to be changed for it to live up to the DD1 experience. starting with bringing back tower range and speed as basic stats and not being useless passives. Balance these stats so they arent broken like they were originally in DD2 and build up from there. Bring back actual RGN gear scaling and stat mixing like the original DD1 had. Atm theres just a small difference between gear. Id love to the item leveling changed to what it was like in DD1 as well. Obtaining a piece of gear with insane stats with only 5 level on it and then another piece of gear that drops that even more insane with 250 levels on it. With old maps from DD1 coming back it makes even more sense to go back to the roots of the mechanics and gameplay that DD1 had. If anyone remembers their first time on ramparts NM im sure you remember the feeling of "Oh crap we need more range and speed on these towers" and Ramparts was one of the smallest maps in the game but because of how the map layout was you needed lots of range to be remotely effective in nightmare mode.

Pets need to be changed too. You get 1 and theres no reason to get anymore. Theres no feeling of growth with them, no scaling etc. A very static feeling in terms of power between all pets and makes them very boring because you don't have that feeling of needing to get more pets or better pets.

Need more enemies, harder modes and more things to grind.

The wheel was such a bad idea.

You sell grind but give it all away for free, who makes thise decissions?