Sign in to follow this  
Moonwalk

Is Dungeon Defenders SLI or Crossfire supported?

I went trough a coupple of pretty outdate lists from some years ago but couldn´t find Dungeon Defenders in those list. Did this change till now or is it still not supportet?

The background question is should I upgrade to a Single core Gpu or can I just coupple my existing one together with a new one and would it help?

Thanks in advance, I hope somebody can help me :)

I can't provide any insight about how well DD utilizes multiple GPU's, but you may want to add your current GPU to get some feedback on an upgrade path

Well you got a point there, why didnt I do that in the first place ....

I have a Nvidia GTX 660 and thought about getting a 690 Which obviously already uses SLI IF that works otherwise there wouldnot be a reason to do that. If it doesn´t support sli I´d most likely get some newer amd r9 or something ssince DD doesn´t care if it´s Nvidia or amd and I can make better use of the amds performance.

I have run DD on SLI several years ago with no issues. Cannot speak to CF but I'd guess it should work fine as well. I did however get some minor graphical glitches when I was running DD on single AMD GPU, not sure if those have been addressed.

It is usually best to keep to single GPU if possible for several reasons, heat, noise, power consumption, SLI/CF related issues like micro stuttering. For Nvidia, you need to have identical GPU for SLI, ie 2x GTX660. Not too sure about CF GPU restrictions.

You can have different GPU's in SLI, it's just that the better one gets throttled down to the speed of the slower one. For DD, it would be better to just use a single 690. 

@mayhem_zero quote:

I have run DD on SLI several years ago with no issues. Cannot speak to CF but I'd guess it should work fine as well. I did however get some minor graphical glitches when I was running DD on single AMD GPU, not sure if those have been addressed.

It is usually best to keep to single GPU if possible for several reasons, heat, noise, power consumption, SLI/CF related issues like micro stuttering. For Nvidia, you need to have identical GPU for SLI, ie 2x GTX660. Not too sure about CF GPU restrictions.

Noise, heat or power supply is nothing for me to worry about. And yea I know about microstuttering but from what I´ve heared are they utting much effort in this the last years and made it much better. And even if not I´d rather have microstutter than constant 10 fps.

From what I have heared you can combine any nvidia as long as they are from the same series eg. "GTX 6XX" since they use the same Code can´t you?

No, you cannot combine different GPU, for example GTX 660 & GTX670. They can be different manufacturers, speeds and/or BIOS but must be same GPU model as well as same VRAM amount.

@mayhem_zero quote:

No, you cannot combine different GPU, for example GTX 660 & GTX670. They can be different manufacturers, speeds and/or BIOS but must be same GPU model as well as same VRAM amount.

I just googled it and you´re absolutely right, well then I guess this thread is not needed anymore and I will move on from Nvidia to amd unless I find a very tempting offer. 

Thank you guys especially mayhem for the help <3

May I ask what cards you use running Sli´d?