Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Devstream 55: April 15th, 5PM EDT

Are you considering (or willing to consider) moving (some) passives from gear to spheres or some sort of skill tree? I would like the ability to choose how to build my characters without having to rely on RNG.

Are you going to release another inventory expansion pack in the next few months?

Currently, there's a button we have to click to view a player's deck. Could you add a function to inspect their decks just by clicking their cards in the preview?

How does the DMG Vulnerability work on the Abyss Lord's defenses?

Why do the devstreams keep getting delayed?

Will you guys be reworking melee's dps effectiveness even if we end up getting a seventh ranged hero after EV due to the vote? I don't want to have to wait until we're lucky enough to get Crystal knight or Barbarian into the game to get a buff to melees.

When do you plan on adding the more detailed descriptions for towers and hero abilities?

Id love to know how towers scale, and what exactly upgrading frostbite towers do.

On a related note, detailed descriptions for pet abilities would be great. What on earth does "cursing" my foes do?

Can we expect Tower Costumes in the future? I would love to have an Ebonfire Warlord Tower to go along with my Squire Costume

Towers that shoot confetti would be pretty neat

Has the Abyss Lord replaced the Summoner and stopped him from ever returning?

Are you ever going to get rid of the countless NM difficulties and return NM mode back to the glory days of DD1, with being one single difficulty and having modifers such as hardcore mode to enhance the difficutly?

New hero's are fine, but new enemies need to come out as well to counter them. When do you think we will start to see new  enemies like the the Dark Assassin and other Nightmarish fiends?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

As a follow-up to this: If Abyss Lord is indeed the new Summoner, can we get the demoness skin for him?  That was one of my favorites from DD1.

Are you planning on adding a trading system in the near future? If so how do you plan on implementing this.

Are you planning on adding a queuing system which let you choose a certain difficulty or map to queue for?
Are you planning on adding a community system? (A guild kind of thing)

After the carnival is over is global loot (i.e. looting dropping with passives for heroes you are not playing on) still persist in the game. If it is going to stay in can it at least be looked at and have the gear much more skewed to roll for the hero you are currently using? Right now farming is a *** when you are trying to get a specific piece with a certain passive.

Are you guys going to upgrade the current "Find Match" system to a game lobby system, which allows players to see all available game tables and how many people are waiting in the tables at the moment so that players can decide to create a new table, with or without a password, or to join into a table created by a friend or another player?

Are you guys going to add a pop-up window asking players to "accept" or "decline" to go to the map one member in the group picks in the tavern?

Can we expect to have a free character slot when a hero is released?

This has undoubtably been asked before, however my inventory is litteraly crying for help since I have to keep 3-4 abyss lord sets ontop of all my other hero sets, so in the name of my inventory.... will there be more bags than the current 12 max???? :D

Are you guys planning on changing the Ipwr levels (progression) on the maps when the strategy rework comes?

(you only need to read the original question for the devstream, the next part just frames the problem I am having with your game which has SO much potential.)

I feel as if the ipwr progression is amiss. I see very little reason to spend time playing through all the maps on nm1 after insane... ect. The loot hardly gets better between Gates of Dragonfall and the Throne Room. In addition there is a big gap of ipwr level between levels of difficulty. As it stands the best way to get gear is not to even beat levels, but to play on a much higher degree of difficulty (nm2 for me when i cant even beat Gates on nm1) and get what loot I can by killing people on wave 2.

I want to feel as if i can get better loot by just playing the next hardest map in my range of difficulty. Also why am I even able to last 2-3 waves of nm2 when i cant even beat a single map of nm1? Shouldnt there be a much bigger degree of difficulty between them? I SHOULD be losing wave 1 for sure.

Can you explain what does heavy normal and light means on weapons along with the %. Are we suppose to farm for low % or high %?

@tdb quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

As a follow-up to this: If Abyss Lord is indeed the new Summoner, can we get the demoness skin for him?  That was one of my favorites from DD1.

As a more comical follow up of the follow up, can we get safe for work tentacle action bissel skin?  I'd love to walk around with my bissel wearing a full tuxedo!

As strategic revamp is currently a thing I thought I'd ask this one:

• Have you thought about replacing some of the subcores since their placement limit us to putting the defenses on the same place everytime if we don't want to lose those subcores?

• Will we be able to rename Heroes in the future?
  • Will you give us the possibility to enlarge our inventory bags with gems? 8 huge bags are a lot better than 16 small ones.

Can you explain why the ps4 version does not have the chest in the tavern with the galactic weapon drop? 

Can you explain why the ps4 version did not get spooky chests in the Halloween maps? 

Can you explain why the ps4 has to rely on low rng where the PC had higher drop chances for both sets of weapons? (Spooky chests and tavern chest) 

Why do devs respond to what seems to be majority bug posts as opposed to responding to questions about content in the ps4 forum section? 

Are there any plans to release a map difficulty above nightmare 4 and/or an item rarity above legendary. I'm sure for a lot of the end game players something comparable to NMHCMM from DD1 and ultimate equivalent gear would be very much appreciated to keep the game interesting with something to grind for, thanks.

are there rough plans when you release the new heroes (e.g. 1 per month, every 2 months...)

can you add a showcase of every special weapon in the game, special stats, where to find and so on. Maybe something like a little building in the town or some kind of ingame-wiki

Do you guys consider lowering the mana cost for the 420 Blaze Ballon ? 

50 is way to much to build them effectivly in nm4. Im thinking about 30 so you can place like 6-8 of them per lane lets say on the map liferoot. with the phantom bow the phenix flys up and triggers the others and so u get an inifinte chain and that can be pretty funny. but as i said the price is jsut to high.

PS4 inventory question 

While inventory is just a sorted list of items on the PS4 the concept of bags from the PC was ported over as the underlying system so that when we expand our inventory we buy "bags". There is currently no way to replace (and purchase) smaller bags with larger bags that have been purchased. Will this feature be added so I can buy more gems to buy more bags :)

@Jackie Moon quote:

This has undoubtably been asked before, however my inventory is litteraly crying for help since I have to keep 3-4 abyss lord sets ontop of all my other hero sets, so in the name of my inventory.... will there be more bags than the current 12 max???? :D

Already is gotta purchase the inventory pack

@NineO_OSix quote:

Can you explain what does heavy normal and light means on weapons along with the %. Are we suppose to farm for low % or high %?

At least the % effect. The Light, Medium and Heavy determine the attack animation of the character. Light is fast but hits lower and most attacks cover 1 enemy over a group, Medium is the original and Heavy is slower but hits harder and more targets with the sweeps.

For the question:

When will the Abyss Lord get Betsy, Spooky, and Harbinger-class Tomes and what capabilities could they possibly have to make them on par in effectiveness with the others? Also, when will the Smart Loot system be applied to his drops?