Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

So since Gun Witch is obviously going to win the vote

I'm not going to vote on this, I believe it'll be close but they all sound good and i'll be happy with any of them. 

101% agree with melee needing a fix. 

barb will smoke the lot , we need  an absolute melee train of destruction; the squire falls heavy short in that department. 

If there's anything I've learned in this thread, it's that the upcoming influence vote is going to be very competitive.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Melee is ass in this game.

It's between Gun Witch and Lavamancer.

Gun Witch has already won :p

Now you guys are going to have accept that or enjoy losing your influence points over it.

I'm voting for the Barbarian both because I want the character and because it'll force Trendy to fix melee combat so that the new character won't be ignored as irrelevant.

Edit: Decided to remove some snarkiness after further review.

@gigazelle quote:

If there's anything I've learned in this thread, it's that the upcoming influence vote is going to be very competitive.

And isn't that the entire purpose of the influence vote? :D

Well, yeah, naturally. What I'm saying is that the title of this thread assumes that the gun witch is going to win by a landslide, and the more I read the less likely I think that's going to be the case.

She still might win, sure, but if she does it's going to be by a very small margin.

@gigazelle quote:

Well, yeah, naturally. What I'm saying is that the title of this thread assumes that the gun witch is going to win by a landslide, and the more I read the less likely I think that's going to be the case.

She still might win, sure, but if she does it's going to be by a very small margin.

She has magic, boobs and a gun, you may as well accept that she has won already. It doesn't matter if it's a landslide or a close win. She will win.

@TMyth quote:

Barbarian over anyone! As of currently there are no melee dps. Screw all the ranged. I'm using all my influence since the beginning on this.

squire and monk get some kind of debuff we dont have on ps4 yet im guessing ? as is monk is highest dps by nearly double...

@TheWittyScamp quote:

The Gun Witch hype, and Tristaris 's point, make me recall what MMORPG really stands for - Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls

You know there are women playing this game voting for Gun Witch because we would love to have more heroes of our gender to play. Even with adding the extra female and extra male heroes coming in soon that still heavily out weights the hero ratio to 4 men and 2 female.

Honestly, I am not sure why they just didn't announce her as the new hero to even it out to 4 men and 3 women. I've been asking and wanting more than just huntress to play. I am excited for the second female hero coming out but Gun Witch looks personally matching to my play style and I truly hope she wins. 

I am surprised the "skins" haven't enabled the gender swap already, the Summoner had a Demoness skin in DD1

I personally want her in, because atm she's the closest thing I have to an Adept from DD1. She was my go to magic builder for her speed and I use to run her in NMHC as a main DPS.

People said she way too squishy, but that didn't stop me from running the highest content with her. What people didn't realise is that Apprentice staff's had some of the highest over all DPS to it. She was a beast when played right.

[[78500,users]] I agree with you the game needs more female characters and their are a ton from the Moba still to come. I have a female friend that feels the same way as you and she too wants more playable female characters. She enjoyed DD1 because every class had a opposite gender and she wasn't retricted to who she could use.

I want to see those opposite gender characters return as brand new characters with an idenity of their own. So If I see the Countess coming back you better believe I will vote for her.

@Zoltariel quote:

@TheWittyScamp quote:

The Gun Witch hype, and Tristaris 's point, make me recall what MMORPG really stands for - Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls

You know there are women playing this game voting for Gun Witch because we would love to have more heroes of our gender to play. Even with adding the extra female and extra male heroes coming in soon that still heavily out weights the hero ratio to 4 men and 2 female.

Honestly, I am not sure why they just didn't announce her as the new hero to even it out to 4 men and 3 women. I've been asking and wanting more than just huntress to play. I am excited for the second female hero coming out but Gun Witch looks personally matching to my play style and I truly hope she wins. 

If you listen closely, you can hear the dying gasps of a joke, writhing upon the ground in agony at being misunderstood and unacknowledged, longing for the throes of its brief life to cease.

@Zoltariel quote:

@TheWittyScamp quote:

I play characters irrespective of their sex... 

@Zoltariel quote:

Honestly, I am not sure why they just didn't announce her as the new hero to even it out to 4 men and 3 women.

Because Trendy desperately needed an influence vote sink.

Why are people making a gender issue out of this? I pick a hero to play based on how fun they are to play, not whether they're a guy or a girl...

(Also, as some people still aren't clear on this, all of the heroes mentioned by Trendy are coming out. Voting for Gun Witch doesn't mean we're not getting the lavamancer, it just means the gun witch will come out first.)

@Alhanalem quote:

Why are people making a gender issue out of this? I pick a hero to play based on how fun they are to play, not whether they're a guy or a girl...

(Also, as some people still aren't clear on this, all of the heroes mentioned by Trendy are coming out. Voting for Gun Witch doesn't mean we're not getting the lavamancer, it just means the gun witch will come out first.)

It's not a gender issue just would like to see more playable ladies is all. <3

@Alhanalem quote:

Thanks... before reading this I thought I was the only one who hardly cares about the heroes' sex. I'm more intersted in the mix of functionality and aesthethics. When it's about the looks I would prefer Gun Witch but gameplay-wise I'd be more happy with a Barbarian.

the gunwitch might get towers like 

black cat trap, attacks super super quickly for light damage

bat tower, slows enemies in range and does tiny damage, but heals for 50-100% of damage done

@batoutofhe11 quote:

the gunwitch might get towers like 

black cat trap, attacks super super quickly for light damage

bat tower, slows enemies in range and does tiny damage, but heals for 50-100% of damage done

Based on the description of her on the voting page, she won't have any towers. It sounds like she'll essentially be a ranged version of the Barbarian: no towers, just offensive attacks and abilities.

@Alhanalem quote:

because for some people, how you look plays a huge factor in what is fun. For some people, you could be playing a class that is totally awesome for you, your style, your weapons, your towers, perfect for you, but if that character looks like *** for you, then you wont have fun. Some people are just vain like that, and nothing really wrong with that lol

Like me, im both really, i want a char that i have fun with, but i wanna look good too, maybe i wanna portray that char as myself in the game world, for maybe some roleplaying purpose or immersion. Cause rp/immersion is fun for me. Kinda hard to do that though when the char that has the towers/powers i want has something hanging between their legs that i dont, or just plain looks rediculous to me that i would never dress up as lol

Anyone know if this is a one or the other type thing or just a 'released first' thing?  They both sound very interesting.

@iAndy quote:

Anyone know if this is a one or the other type thing or just a 'released first' thing?  They both sound very interesting.

All of them will come. It is only about who is first.

@Dreizehn quote:

All of them will come. It is only about who is first.

thank goodness for that too, more heroes the better, no need to just kill off cool looking heroes and possible unique builds just because they lost a vote lol