Sign in to follow this  
euromikeym

TrendyEnt Can't Even Play Their Own Game in Their Own DevStream.

"2003: Too many matchmaking requests within 5 seconds. Please wait a few moments and try again."

Well I guess 5 seconds is better than 20 seconds, or is it?

What a joke.  A bug in the game prevented the DEVS from playing their own game in their own DevStream.

They had to blag their way through by showing their wonderful design of the new Abyss Lord.

It's a real shame that they can't actually fix the game. 

Lets face it, IT IS BROKEN. 

Technical issues happen- especially with internal builds that have changes and features and bugs t hat are not in the released version of the game. Bugs happen and sometimes when you least expect.

It happens with every studio, and every developer, it won't be the first time or the last, for Trendy or for anyone else.

You can discuss the issue without being rude about it.

@euromikeym quote:

"2003: Too many matchmaking requests within 5 seconds. Please wait a few moments and try again."

Well I guess 5 seconds is better than 20 seconds, or is it?

What a joke.  A bug in the game prevented the DEVS from playing their own game in their own DevStream.

They had to blag their way through by showing their wonderful design of the new Abyss Lord.

It's a real shame that they can't actually fix the game. 

Lets face it, IT IS BROKEN. 

Internal builds like the one they were playing on are unfinished and are not the live final game. Issues like this are common on such internal builds which don't intend to be released to the public and therefore don't need the same server capacities and such.

Every studio have technical issues, especially in unfinished and experimental versions of the game. If you wish to discuss the 2003 errors, then please do so in a sensible and reasonable manner. 

No one is going to take you seriously if you spurt out such phrases as "they can't actually fix the game".

Thank you,

I think I remember playstation conference at one of the E3's had a lot of problems showing new stuff like motion sensor and I'm sure some other companies had their share of problems too when showing their stuff to the public.

Trendy are not the only one having technical issues.

@Alhanalem quote:

Technical issues happen- especially with internal builds that have changes and features and bugs t hat are not in the released version of the game. Bugs happen and sometimes when you least expect.

It happens with every studio, and every developer, it won't be the first time or the last, for Trendy or for anyone else.

Bethesda fans know that, so DD2's bugs aren't THAT bad. So, there's that.

@Alhanalem quote:

I don't know what happened in the instance you're talking about in this thread, but I'm getting that error CONSTANTLY, both when starting maps and when trying to leave a map. Happens all the time, like without exaggerating roughly 40-50% of the times I try to start a map. 

@senzation54 quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

I don't know what happened in the instance you're talking about in this thread, but I'm getting that error CONSTANTLY, both when starting maps and when trying to leave a map. Happens all the time, like without exaggerating roughly 40-50% of the times I try to start a map. 

then you should contact the trendy support with all the info you can give. because me and my friends dont had that problem. atleast not in 50% of the games.

@Nelly quote:

@senzation54 quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

then you should contact the trendy support with all the info you can give. because me and my friends dont had that problem. atleast not in 50% of the games.

I'm guessing you don't public game much?  The problem really manifests in force when you rely on the game's matchmaking.  Search for a game, join an empty room, leave, error.  Relog, search for a game, join an empty room, leave, error.  Rinse and repeat.  I usually have to go through 3-4 such cycles before I can actually get in a game--with one or two additional delays because logging in --> searching for a game pisses the system off.

@Shinnyshin quote:

@Nelly quote:

@senzation54 quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

I'm guessing you don't public game much?  The problem really manifests in force when you rely on the game's matchmaking.  Search for a game, join an empty room, leave, error.  Relog, search for a game, join an empty room, leave, error.  Rinse and repeat.  I usually have to go through 3-4 such cycles before I can actually get in a game.

i just tested it. tried nm4 gates of dragonfall. found season but empty, small playerbase issue. leaved. tried a random nm4 map and found one with 3 players.

contacting the trendy support is the best thing you can do.

@Nelly quote:

small playerbase issue

Easily fixed by allowing people to see what's currently being played like in DD1. As it is right now you have to join a lobby which I assume is just one of many online lobbies and hope that the players willing and capable of doing the thing you want to do are in the same one, then ask around for people yada yada. It's really bad and I hope they change it quickly. 

The whole outdoors town hub thing is pointless and makes it infinitely harder to find people for specific things, or anything at all for that matter. You also can't see people's levels unless you're in a party and if you're in a party you can't see the names of people in your party, there's a lot of things that need work here. I understand that it's Early Access but this feels like something that should have been finished when they made the party/hub thing. It seems like such a trivial task, a few days of work at most, though I'd assume a skilled programmer could sort all of it out in a day if he knew the game code from before and just worked at it. 

@senzation54 quote:

You also can't see people's levels unless you're in a party and if you're in a party you can't see the names of people in your party. 

Both of these should be fixed with the new UI changes in the next update. :D

give us a server list how hard can it be....   its a co op game but i never play co op cause i keep entering empty servers that either means no ones playing or your  servers are garbage  

If you create things, sometimes they get broken.

Someone who claims otherwise probably has never developed anything on their own barbarian.png

@Some random guy quote:

@djpatje quote:

give us a server list how hard can it be....  

+1 agreed

1 server does not run 1 game, that's why there's no server list. in DD1, games were hosted on your own machine, DD2 uses a centralized system. To change it would actually be a monumental infrastructure change that is really unfeasible because you'd have to cut out a system that is responsible for much more than just matching you with players. I could see some kind of game lobby system as possible, but it would still be some work since it would need a lot of UI stuff that doesn't exist.

But my point is really that saying "how hard it could be" when you're not developing it and don't know how hard it really is is rather short-sighted.

@Alhanalem quote:

1 server does not run 1 game, that's why there's no server list. in DD1, games were hosted on your own machine, DD2 uses a centralized system. To change it would actually be a monumental infrastructure change that is really unfeasible because you'd have to cut out a system that is responsible for much more than just matching you with players. I could see some kind of game lobby system as possible, but it would still be some work since it would need a lot of UI stuff that doesn't exist.

But my point is really that saying "how hard it could be" when you're not developing it and don't know how hard it really is is rather short-sighted.

Yeah, it'd just be a tavern/game list rather than a server list. Pretty much the same thing as far as users are concerned, except one server can host more than one tavern/game I guess. Anyway it doesn't really matter how much work it is. The current system is really bad and I'm sure literally everyone who's taken a good look at it compared to the alternative we're discussing here would agree. 

The new system makes it VERY hard to find other players for specific things because you get into a lobby with like ~20 randomly selected players of all gear/skill/level groups. The odds of getting placed into a lobby with 1-3 people who are geared and willing to do the same mission you want to do are rather small, especially if you want a full group. Additionally, if you're just idling or doing things in the lobby you are susceptible to a mild form of griefing by players spamming invites on you, and often prevented from testing things on the dummies due to other players spamming towers and attacking the dummies etc.

Lastly I personally don't see a point with the lobby at all. It's a nice looking outdoor area and it does have a good purpose with the event entrances and special NPCs you can't find in the tavern, although some if not all of those things are kind of forced as they could just as easily be accessible in the tavern as well if Trendy chose to do that. Personally, however, I don't really have any interest in the social part of it. 

The vast majority of players are completely uninteresting to me.  I can't trade with them and if I could we'd be back to the problem with a limited amount of players so it'd be very unlikely that I'd find someone with something I was interested in. If I try to talk to them I'll rarely even get an answer, and if they try to talk I usually don't bother answering. There just aren't enough people to spark conversations properly very often. 

Unless Trendy have some huge changes planned for the way this works they really should just change it to the old server list format. It worked well and everyone got what they wanted. If they want to make it really great, add a filter so you can limit who's allowed to join based on iPWR and level, and bring back the leader and kick function. Also the ability to change from public to private whenever. Probably some more stuff I can't think of right now. 

@Alhanalem quote:
@Some random guy quote:
@djpatje quote:

give us a server list how hard can it be....  

+1 agreed

IDC if its hard or not, people have been asking for this for over year now and seriously I'm pretty sure some people stopped playing this cause they always get thrown in empty games or in an incomplete group (no waller as example).

Sometimes I don't feel like building and just want to go dps, getting in empty games half the times and has to wait a dam 20+ sec every time to get out cause I get the : too many matchmaking request thing.

Right now my playtime on this game is like this : I log in, check the daily, reset it if its a low reward, think about how much time I might waste trying to find a group, log out 50% of the time without doing anything...

No, I am not a developer, I do not know how hard it is but the player base numbers dropping kinda talks for itself if the customers are satisfied.  But that's just my short-sighted opinion.

There's no need for a server list. DD2 makes a room for you, so instead of listing servers, just list rooms.

@Warmonger quote:

If you create things, sometimes they get broken.

Someone who claims otherwise probably has never developed anything on their own barbarian.png

Preach it! I am a software developer by proffession and I cannot count the number of times I have had something working in my test environment only to have it all fall apart the moment I step into a review meeting.

On a related note, never release substantial software updates on Friday (Thursday is okay, though not recommended). That's just asking for trouble.

I get mad quite often lately when I think about DD2 problems. Then I have to remember myself that I'm no programmer. Afterwards I t hink about other games from HUGE tripple A studios.

• Anyone remembers the Diablo III launch (I think Blizzard is big enough to prevent stuff like that)
  • Dragon Age Inquisition still is not completely fixed and it is hard to revive fallen characters because partymembers just stop doing it ans start randomly attacking, causing you to lose a boss fight again and again

Then I think about how huge the Trendy studios must be and go play another game. Once there is new stuff I want to try out (or test or look after some bugs I can report) I come back until I realize the fun is fading. Then I repeat.