Sign in to follow this  
Lockewynn

Huntress poison theme

Quick thought - with the pending release (albeit a distant ways out) of the Lavamancer, I'd really like to see the Huntress' Blaze Balloon trap converted into a Poison Balloon trap.  Nothing fancy, just change to color scheme to poison-green and alter the mechanic to add stacks of her poison DoT.  This will give her a more defined theme (poison) which won't conflict with Lavamancer when he's released.  

Easy change.  Noticeable improvement.

Agreed. It always seemed as if the Huntress wasn't element specific enough. We have a mage with Frost specialty. Squire with Direct Damage and Wall specialty. A monk with Air Supriority and Boost specialty. While the Huntress was mostly pure Hero DPS and some traps. 
Changing the Blaze Ballon would be one, but also change the Elemental Chaos Fire to Poison would be good. Same thaught process.

Good idea

^^

Great input Herman de Schermman.  Perhaps Trendy could decrease the dmg of Huntress' poison per stack but increase the maximum stacks to something crazy like 100.  This way, DPS at maximum stacks could be outrageous but it would take a good 15-20 seconds to ramp up.  Would be effective against bosses and ogres.

This is a great idea.

@Lockewynn quote:

^^

Great input Herman de Schermman.  Perhaps Trendy could decrease the dmg of Huntress' poison per stack but increase the maximum stacks to something crazy like 100.  This way, DPS at maximum stacks could be outrageous but it would take a good 15-20 seconds to ramp up.  Would be effective against bosses and ogres.

The alternative is have different poison effects for the different towers, each one with different damage and different caps, so using a combination of the gas balloon and dart tower would lead to insane DOT, but you wouldn't unbalance the individual effects of either one on its own.

I'd also like to see poison as a element on weapons (maybe specifically for the huntress) that applies a stacking DOT effect (potentially scaling with AP or Hero Damage stats?)

I like the idea of putting a poison-themed focus on the Huntress. The Monk has lightning, the Squire is brute impact, the Apprentice is well-balanced as a mage between the four elements (wind (cyclone), water (ice in frosties), fire (flameburst/thrower), earth(shatter)), and even the Abyss Lord is all about necromancy. The Huntress with a theme is a great idea, and ought to be non-controversial to everyone except folks like Argick that just want to watch the world burn.

A gas balloon, poison darts, an explosive poison (and you can keep ele chaos as the uber, even under the pretext that the elemental effects offer a flavor of variety), and even a poisonous geyser could definitely all work with little more than a renaming and a green tinge of a color effect.

Realistically, none of the current heroes have an elemental specialty:

Tower-wise:

Huntress - Water, Poison, Fire

Monk - Lightning

Apprentice - Fire, Frost

Squire - None

Saying that one hero needs to be changed to focus on one elemental damage is far off, since none of them currently have a focus.  Trendy has stated though that there will be a review over the existing heroes now that the Abyss Lord has been released and current balance is what they are looking at, along with specific counters to enemy types with the next patch.

It's a great idea in theory but it would I'd prefer it if heroes in general had multiple elements attached to them to open up more of the combo system especially if it gets some improvements. 

Also there is nothing wrong with watching the world burn! :D

@TheWittyScamp quote:

DON'T YOU...

FORGET ABOUT ME

DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T

@gotrunks712 quote:

Realistically, none of the current heroes have an elemental specialty:

Apprentice - Fire, Frost

A4286AE24FF62B12FC1E54CAFBDBA8EB4FCF31E7

As far as elemental combos go, The Earthshatter tower isn't "earth" element.  It just knocks enemies up with the right sphere, which is why I didn't include it.