Calling All Heroes Hype Train

I, for one, am tremendously excited about my habibti the Series EV coming back to us, and the Barbarian lurking around too!

Also, "Gun Mage"? You serious? Sign me up for some of that, too!

Seems like abyss lord is ability caster and I allready have ability power/Hero critt damage gear with 5% critt chanse ;D 

Looks like all the crap I had to go through and the countless threads I made proving why the HD is flawed may of actually been worth it.

The amount of White Knight's talking *** they had no clue about was annoying. Especially when you used stupid excuses like "it creates strategy" or "it will make the game too easy" really are clueless. Now the game has to evolve and the End game can finally begin.

Now that the HD actually looks like it belongs in the game with these new changes it's time to focus on the other 4 things hampering the game.

- End Game

- Match making

- Tower Balancing

- Pet and Loot leveling grind

Sort these 4 things out and you will be on your way to having something special.

Game browser is an absolute must as soon as humanly possible, matchmaking sucks so hard at the moment.

Tower balancing is going to be interesting seeing as lane resistance is going, you can mix and match far more so with a reduction in the restriction of the hero deck plus the lanes being mixed I se balancing to be less of an issue, although some towers for sure need some love.

Pet grind should be less of an issue with affection hearts going into the loot drop table.

Loot is linked to end game, when we get an end game the better loot will need to be in there.

The game difficulty needs to be renamed

End Game needs to be called Battle Grounds or something like it, with NM1-4 renamed Insane+, ++, +++ and Pre-NM then put in a real end game. Maps not in the campaign, bigger, less scripted with ogre mobs, starting with the mini ogres from carnival and then scaling their size and power up, not just HP and damage but they should have abilities.

Stunning roar

Acid Spit

Trap covering vomit

Nice stuff like that.

//Pet grind should be less of an issue with affection hearts going into the loot drop table.//

Wait wait wait wait. Is that a thing? That's SOOOO GOOD.

just imagine though guys, there were almost 24 heroes in the moba, and i believe only 2 have been recycled so far (the rider into the egg boy) and less likely (the prisoner into the sphere master).

that leaves, spirit warrior, orc chief, kobold king, rag doll, gun witch, spider princess, crystal warrior, lavamancer, and more!

oh, and the abyss lord is definitely the summoner, check out my really old evidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKNFV9j9f4

8C0IoaI.png
is that EV ?
Keg4jSW.png
def and hero crit chance is back?

"Series EV2 is finishing up her upgrades in Sky City and only you can decide who arrives after the Abyss Lord and her -- The Barbarian, The Gun Witch, or the Lavamancer"
EV hype!

@Ryvius quote:

8C0IoaI.png
is that EV ?
Keg4jSW.png

"Series EV2 is finishing up her upgrades in Sky City and only you can decide who arrives after the Abyss Lord and her -- The Barbarian, The Gun Witch, or the Lavamancer"
EV hype!

Gunwitch hype 8-)

@Ryvius quote:
Gunwitch hype 8-)

do you know something about her? )

Not at all. I really like her artwork. (more than the EV 2.0's)  and I didn't really play the EV back in DD1.

So, purely cosmetic hype. 

@Ryvius quote:

Those are just old tooltip templates. Defense and Hero Crit Chance are not coming back as stats. :)

I'm looking forward to more information on the strategic revamp. 

• Removal of resistances - Flamethrowers everywhere muahahahahaha
  • Reworking of towers, buffing those that need that spark to be useful
  • Reworking of enemies, bring in harder enemies with unique abilities, incoming buff to existing enemies, specific strengths and weaknesses for us to defend against and exploit.
New heroes means new towers and abilities. New strategies to think up and execute. It's going to be a good patch.

@Argick quote:

How would you feel if we put that in this update?

@iamisom quote:

@Argick quote:

You must construct additional flamethrowers :D 

I would love it if you guys added it to the update as it would mark the beginning of the strategic revamp and would allow you guys to put focus on the other aspects of the revamp without worrying if the resistance removal will work since it will have already worked.

EDIT: Also it will allow players to mess around with different builds that weren't possible or just go outright nuts and see what sticks. It's not end game content like some players would like but it's certainly a major step in the right direction.

@iamisom quote:

@Argick quote:

bad and bored.  atleast when there is no replacement of that missing challenge. building on every lane the same was so insipid in dd1

@Ryvius quote:
Gunwitch hype 8-)

do you know something about her? )

She was one of the MoBA chars. Total Biscuit played her at PAX 2013:

I was never that interested in her personally.

I'm pretty excited for Barbarian and EV though.

I am concerned about the upcoming patch for mainly 2 reasons:

Switching heroes during a wave

why? I play with my friends and we all have our roles theres no need to ease on that, like:

"Oh this is getting pretty intense lemme switch to my full OP i9000+ hero and nuke this lane", 

please dont allow us to do this TE. wheres the challenge in that? 

and

Shared XP

Sharing loot, currencies and spheres is totally fine but XP?! This game is about replaying and grinding not playing once and then "heyy you have levelled all of your charters at once!" - please no. I like switching low characters and playing on low levels sometimes dont rip this feature from us.

Other things about the upcoming patch? Inspect is awesome otherwise im not fond of the new Abyss lord ( SFW tentacle action ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎ ). Not my style.

The game is still in alpha i do hope you dont want to make this game into a "Press E to win" game. Think about the serious gamers.

@iamisom quote:

@Argick quote:

That would be fun but silly.

With no resistance at all i would be putting the same stuff in every lane and would need Nightmare V to exist to challenge me.

Instead of mag/phys lanes I would like to see themed lanes. Hordes / tough guys / Ranged etc. You have the idea already in Onslaught but bring it to end game in each different lane consistently til wave 7. I find the one lane (in single player, 2 lanes in 2 player etc.) having all types of enemy rather samey.

It would make more sense to have enemy types have resistances. Dark mages should be magical resistant, Orcs physically resistant etc. So we have to think about where defences are placed and what they will hit especially with the different terrain in lanes.

Plus no more restarting the map every time a purple and orange line are together.

If we must do this can we at least have a Restart button on the pause menu.

Just my thoughts. Thanks.

@Nelly quote:

bad and bored.  atleast when there is no replacement of that missing challenge. building on every lane the same was so insipid in dd1

@Alonzo quote

That would be fun but silly.

With no resistance at all i would be putting the same stuff in every lane and would need Nightmare V to exist to challenge me.

Instead of mag/phys lanes I would like to see themed lanes. Hordes / tough guys / Ranged etc. You have the idea already in Onslaught but bring it to end game in each different lane consistently til wave 7. I find the one lane (in single player, 2 lanes in 2 player etc.) having all types of enemy rather samey.

It would make more sense to have enemy types have resistances. Dark mages should be magical resistant, Orcs physically resistant etc. So we have to think about where defences are placed and what they will hit especially with the different terrain in lanes.

Plus no more restarting the map every time a purple and orange line are together.

If we must do this can we at least have a Restart button on the pause menu.

Just my thoughts. Thanks.

Remember guys that removal of lane resistances is just one part of the Strategic Revamp. There is going to be a balance pass on the enemies which could mean anything. 

Also it would be pretty cool to see resistances return as a modifier in some fashion similar to enemy buffs like grounded, speedy, healthy.

I do agree that we need more challenging content and removing resistances is the complete opposite of that but it's a needed change to a core system so that we can have more freedom while playing and Trendy can have more freedom in designing challenging maps and enemies.

On top of that the removal of resistances helps the other heroes compete with the huntress. Her versatility was just too good compared to other heroes.

Also to be a tad nasty. It was asked how would you feel if it was added into "this" update. Meaning it's coming sooner instead of later. Will it be good or not? We'll see.

Regarding Defender Medals. Will play nm4 give more defender medals than say playing easy harb. Average time it takes to play nm4 harb is 6 mins. 15 mins for nm4 rampart inc. Time it takes to beat easy harb is less than 1 min. If higher difficulty = more medals it will encourage more play rather than efficient grinding of easy mode.