Sign in to follow this  
ImALazyBum2

What should be added to DD1

I've been playing this game for a really long time thousands of hours on PC and PS3, and I have to say that this is one of my top 3 games of all time. I love this game with all my heart, no game has come close to how much fun I've had on Dungeon Defenders. As a player for 4+ years I thought I would share what I think should be added to the game. 

1. We need a level cap to 110, and make the xp it takes triple/quadruple the amount of time 90-100 took. I wanna grind out these levels for atleast 1-2 weeks.

2. Make all weapons equal, and by that I mean make weapons like the Shai Hulud/Kraken Fang/Soul Focuser as good as Obsidian weapons and all newer weapons. So if every map in the game was farmable the replayability would increase tenfold. 

3. New pets would be amazing, I know the team working on this is not huge but if we could get a few pets every couple of months it would be ridiculously sick. Pets like Lions, Minotaurs, Ghosts or a Spirit of some sort, maybe a Phoenix and get mini versions of the monster in game as pets ( such as Goblins/Archers/Ogre etc. ) adding new pets would give such a fresh feel to the game it would be beyond great.

4. If we could get set items ( like Diablo 3 ) into the game it would give a brand new take on the game and add a lot of farming back into the game. Just start with like some armor sets that will give something like 2 free towers that wont take up DU, and for DPS characters 15% extra damage and 15% extra health. Make the items something like a .1% drop or something low to make the set pieces take weeks to get.

If the devs need any ideas or anything from me I'm willing to help at anytime. Love the work you guys are putting back into this game hopefully we can get this community thriving again.

( ALL THESE IDEAS ARE WITH THE HELP OF REBELWADE12 AND HE IS JUST AS PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING THIS GAME GREAT AGAIN )

Yes the level cap and buffing the weapons to make them so we can farm every map is a must need. I really want to revive the dd community and I think we can. Also can we try having events every weekend. Thank you and best of luck. 

1) What's the point? Nobody will care enough to grind TD for a hundred hours. That's just tedious. 

2) The only way to make old weapons on par with the new ones is to make the old ones stronger or the new ones weaker, both have problems. Making the old ones on par would require making the maps more difficult, otherwise nobody will bother to farm the hard maps. Making the new ones weaker would be useless since so many pre-patch weapons would still be around and the old weapons would still be crap.

3) Actually possible depending on how much effort the CDT puts into it. Remember that they aren't paid for doing this so don't expect too much. 

4) Could be possible but doesn't seem all that useful.

As for the events, event hosts have lives so I doubt they want to spend every weekend hosting. Also, your quality of events would be terrible. It takes time to make the event maps and after a few months, the events would devolve into random junk. 

1) Agree with curtis and to add; That would encourage level hacks even more, you would be surprised how many 22 hours players run around with Level 100 heroes o.O

2) Agree with curtis and to add; Boosting weapons to the level of Obs and Co. just boosts new player even more. There is still no point into replay content if you already have weapons which are more than enough to beat the game. A friend just started the game and already has 80 of the 104 achievements within 55 hours... he is struggling (time-wise) with survivals right now, asked me to boost him through Transcendent Survivalist which I declined :) Anyways, he overruns the opponents with the gear he already earned from Lab/Moon.

3) Would be indeed nice but careful decisions needs to be done. Getting more pets on par with chicken/seahorse adds for sure variety but also makes it pointless to use a specific one. A nice addition would be probably 2-ability pets such as the Djinnlet therefore decreased damage/affects compared to the specialized ones.

4) This could be a great idea and actually already exists with Zamira type armor. However, since we are already able to overrun opponents very easily I don't see how it would increase the enjoyment. It doesn't matter to wear such sets.

My own several times mentioned suggestion: Adding a new difficulty called "Your Worst Nightmare" where enemies scale according to your highest stats but at least for 5k stats and you have to actively play with DPS heroes. There will be no new drops, no increased drop chances, no more XP but nerfed Wheel O' Fortune to avoid people hiding behind enemies rolling Damage All or Kill % every few seconds. The advantage of not changing drops/XP; It does not require you to play on that difficulty while it adds some challenge back for whose who want to actual play/fight during combat phases.

1: I agree with Curt and Eagle, This game is about farming and not leveling. There is just not enough content to make the extra leveling part interesting which would btw be immense work to add enough. And also you ahve so many chars to level that most ppl with  multiple thousand hours dont have all chars lvl 100.

2: Same as Eagle/Curt again

3: Yea I agree with you. I´d als like to see multiple Pets comming in the next updates. Even tho Eagle mentioned it I don´t think that a bigger variety of not the same but similar Pets would be "Pointless". I for example am really really excited for the "LavaCorn" to come out and I have heared that from many many pub players and freinds I play with and I dont even care if it would be really similar to the Seahorse or the Chicken just because its new will have a different way to aquire it and most likely deal fire dmg instead of poison.

4: Yea I agree with you again. No matter how good you already are there would still be players that would collect stuff to get better. And I think you could make some interesting things with this. For e.g.: Take something similar tot he old assault challenges or so and give each of them a change to drop a specific part of the armor. So you need to farm different maps to get Hat/Boots etc. This way you would not have (looking at Lab) the exact same map over and over again.

5: My own little wish, start using the already patched in Door in the Tavern as acces Point to Maps similar to crystalling Dimension. Or for example to enter Moonbase some kind of ceiling entrance or so idk. (and no I don´t expect this to happen very soon or at all)

And yes at some Point I also would like to see the "Your worst Nightmare" difficulty. ...Just with a little Different name ;) 

[[12339,users]]

That's actually a completion to the armor idea. Giving them as reward for another challenges. Still they have to be on par with Zamira type armor, saying that these types of armor would be already unwanted for high-end. The major issue is the spreading from beginner to high-end. What will satisfy one will "hurt" the others.

Hmm, what about if these kind of armor also drops on Lab? I mean instead of the regular one. So high-stats armor is still available on survivals and these new armor types on par with Zamira (even though Zamira is usually far away from cap, so it may requires slightly better stats) So Lab would be nerfed stat-wise but still worthy to run (well not for stat hunters then, they will have to do survivals...) hehe I feel the punches in mah face already :P

@EagleOne quote:

Moon

That's actually a completion to the armor idea. Giving them as reward for another challenges. Still they have to be on par with Zamira type armor, saying that these types of armor would be already unwanted for high-end. The major issue is the spreading from beginner to high-end. What will satisfy one will "hurt" the others.

Hmm, what about if these kind of armor also drops on Lab? I mean instead of the regular one. So high-stats armor is still available on survivals and these new armor types on par with Zamira (even though Zamira is usually far away from cap, so it may requires slightly better stats) So Lab would be nerfed stat-wise but still worthy to run (well not for stat hunters then, they will have to do survivals...) hehe I feel the punches in mah face already :P

LoL, good thing I have quit DD Pew, but tbh, I think it has merrit, the game for me has just become to boring, the only reason I played this long is the events, they are a lot of fun and the new maps too ofc. But my stats are allready high enough so I don't see the point anymore :)

SO nerf lab, no punshes from me this time around xD

I agree that no matter what form it takes, the progression in this game needs some form of extension.  I know that we have lots of veteran players that aren't fans of letting newer players catch up faster, but this is the natural evolution of most RPGs.  Better to keep the game moving, right?

So yeah, raise the level cap, put out better gear, extend what we had so much fun doing to begin with.  Yeah, people will cheat, but that's always the case - I won't let them wreck it for me.

We don't need gear with 52,000 in stats or anything crazy, but I'd love to see a juicy carrot to aim for.  Put out a super hard map with good loot, or something.  Progression in this game has been stagnant for too long.

Veto

Catch up faster? 60 hours 87 achievements done without any hassle :) Since hour 40, running around with 3-4k stats, since then just doing long time achievements like Myth Real Time Strategist, Transcendent Survivalist, Gunslinger, Mastermind and so on :)

Wow.  You're sure beating me, then.  I've got 500ish hours in, and a good 10 achievements I haven't gotten.

Just interested too see how fast it can go nowadays with Lab and Moon, I don't even have actual DPS weapons, random crap but also trans weapon rewards from Moonbase... need to level anyone :) 83 is pretty fast reached with TD campaign :)

To be honest, I'm indifferent for most of these ideas (yes, even the pets). Though, it would be nice to see Soul Focuser to get a revamp or re-issue. For such an incredibly fun weapon, it's maximum damage is absolutely pitiful. Just add it to the drop charts of some much harder maps, problem solved.

For the armor sets, though, I am full to the brim with possible ideas. Like, a ninja armor set that when equipped all at once grants a cooldown ability to ignore all damage and phase through enemies like a summoner. Maybe also when put on a monk already using the ninja costume, make it overwrite his weapon's ranged "chi blast" bullet images with kunai or throwing stars instead.

Or a Tesla armor set that when completed, grants the ability to summon both the mage's chain lightning tower and the monk's electric aura regardless of the class using it. They would function exactly as normal, even taking the wearer's tower stats for damage, HP, etc. Furthermore, any electrical damage from your weapon(s) would be significantly boosted. If you want to go all out, give the Series EV a custom skin while wearing the set. (Not sure what it would look like, though. Tesla Power Armor from Fallout 3 perhaps? lol)

How about a Barbarian themed set that lets you place a short-lived volcano tower for 0 DU? Or a Summoner themed set that lets you summon a crystal version of a Djini? Or a Jester themed set that lets you place a present with completely random effects including but not limited to simply exploding for massive AoE damage?

I'll have to make one or more entire threads for all the ideas I have just for armor sets, but you get the idea. lol

To add my own idea on what DD1 should have: You're already adding something from DDE come next update, so why not also add the Dyes and armor/costume/accessory coloring mechanic as well? I absolutely loved that about DDE, to the point where I occasionally go back to the game just so I can "feel pretty" lol