Sign in to follow this  
beastly101

@Trendy

Last topic was a test to see if your paying attention.  Now that I have it.

F2P ruined DD2.  Plain and simple.

The thought was alluring to whomever is in charge or was in charge. (who knows anymore!)

Y'all tried building a game around it that should of never been done.  Whether you thought it was for the best of the company or plain old greed, it doesn't matter anymore. 

As far as I'm concerned you have failed this community (and pc mind you).  I'll never understand how you guys could stray so far from what actually worked to this? Trendy will never be able to keep up with demand when it comes to physical content worth playing.  You literally are screwing your most loyal fans with this game and I think you all know it!  Outrageous prices for costumes and lockboxes, those prices are bull*** and those lockboxes are bull***!  This game is bull***!  

Go back to your roots Trendy and sell content thats worth buying.  Make a complete game first and put a justifiable price on it.  Stop gouging us for more money because at this point you do not deserve it.

But you can't go back, can ya?

No, you can't.  You'll try to make it work because there is no turning back, meanwhile this community suffers hanging on what little scraps you give us.  On top of that you sell these scraps like steak.  

I was thinking just a minute ago and comparing Trendy to a ship and it's crew.  There's a breach in the hull and at what point is it criminal, not to let the other passengers know the ship is sinking. 

Once again just shooting from the hip here.  Some will agree others will not.  It might not even see the light of day!

@beastly101 quote:

I was thinking just a minute ago and comparing Trendy to a ship and it's crew.  There's a breach in the hull and at what point is it criminal, not to let the other passengers know the ship is sinking. 

Preach it brother, may the light shine from the heavens upon thy post and bless trendy with the holy wrath that shall cometh upon thy neighbours

This post will be quietly swept under a rug somewhere, never to be acknowledged. I'm sure they know it, but can't admit it. 

I have to agree with a lot of the comments here.  At first I was really active in DD2 especially in the beginning, but they keep making changes causing the gameplay to become boring and uninspired.  

I will return once this game is actually a game and no longer an alpha/beta (if it ever leaves that state), but until then Trendy has lost me.

For a pre-alpha it's actually pretty damn good.  The money players are spending for early access funds TE so they can finish the game and make it F2P for everyone else.  Just come back when it's completed and glorious.  Their business model has worked pretty well for them in the past.  

I dont understand why the little community that is left keeps beating the same dead horse all year. 

It has been made clear that this game lacks replay value and has fundamental flaws (look at aheadatimes posts).

Trendy noticed it be sure about it. But you cant 180° turn in a week, not even months. 

Now they announced hero deck changes, strategy revamp, new maps and new heroes. 

Imo trendy did an awesome job this year and i like elliot cannons approach ( i hope i got the name right). To me it looks like he values communication with the players and he seems to be a passionate gamer himself (could be show who knows). But the last 2 months got me hyped to play dd2 when all these changes hit.

Until then i will lurk in the shadows.

Here's what I want!  

I want Trendy to acknowledge they made a big mistake using f2p model.  

If they can't admit to this, something I think we all know anyways then I'll never spend another dime on this game.  I will also make sure my friends don't either.  I will call Sony and complain about what state this game is in and to tell them to look into the god forsaken crash reports.  I will ask for my money back. (very hard to do, but its possible) I will tell my friends to call Sony and complain.  I will get on other gaming forums I'm apart of as well and submit my case to others, not to even look at this game.  

I won't allow you to use PSN as a crowd funding mechanism to support this game.  Its setting a bad  precedent on how games are developed.  

You have 24 hours to meet my demand! (LOL, I can't help myself!)

Hm.... from my point of view I had great time playing this undeveloped game all of these months (15 of them). It was worth every penny... and still is Emoji_Kobalt.png

@beastly101 quote:

Here's what I want!  

I want Trendy to acknowledge they made a big mistake using f2p model.  

If they can't admit to this, something I think we all know anyways then I'll never spend another dime on this game.  I will also make sure my friends don't either.  I will call Sony and complain about what state this game is in and to tell them to look into the god forsaken crash reports.  I will ask for my money back. (very hard to do, but its possible) I will tell my friends to call Sony and complain.  I will get on other gaming forums I'm apart of as well and submit my case to others, not to even look at this game.  

I won't allow you to use PSN as a crowd funding mechanism to support this game.  Its setting a bad  precedent on how games are developed.  

You have 24 hours to meet my demand! (LOL, I can't help myself!)

24 hours... *looks at watch*

Well, the lines ought to be ringing then eh?

On a more serious note, I have one key defence of the F2P model that TE has decided to use with DD2.

There are players, like myself, that washed their hands of the franchise as a whole after DDE hit a downward spiral. I regretted every dollar I spent on that game, and even went as far as to uninstall DD1 purely out of anger at the franchise as a whole. I would not have even CONSIDERED playing DD2 if I didn't get to play it for free at first, because DDE plus the cosmetics was a nice chunk of cash and a few hundred hours of my life that I just threw away.

Since trying it, I've come to appreciate DD2. Everyone who plays the game knows that there are problems, and TE is actually trying to address those problems. I'm all for criticism of things that aren't working, but I have to disagree that being F2P is one of those things. A free game that monetises through cosmetic features is A-okay in my book. The only issue I have with the premium currency is hero slots and bag slots, and that's only because I don't like telling my friends that they're stuck with four heroes while they're trying the game out, so if they want to try one of each they're going to have some troubles soloing NM4 content unless they ditch the Monk. All things considered, that's not a deal-breaker.

Really though this game was fun for a "alpha" version of the game (if you have a working in game currency system and shop you are profiting from and developing content around its not really alpha anymore). The major problem with this game on PS4 is there is no communication from Trendy on the upcoming content, our PS4 timeline thread hasnt been updated since the beginning of February.  Its turning into one of those games that you log into a few times a year to see if theres anything updated worth doing. Thats fine but its not something I would spend real money on.

I

@stuffymonster quote:

Really though this game was fun for a "alpha" version of the game (if you have a working in game currency system and shop you are profiting from and developing content around its not really alpha anymore). The major problem with this game on PS4 is there is no communication from Trendy on the upcoming content, our PS4 timeline thread hasnt been updated since the beginning of February.  Its turning into one of those games that you log into a few times a year to see if theres anything updated worth doing. Thats fine but its not something I would spend real money on.

I'll play Devil's advocate here, but there is like 1 guy doing communication for ALL the PS4 community.

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a lot of devs working on this platform and they have a HUUGE gap to cover.

I'm with you that I would like to have it fast to play split screen coop but as I have both platforms, I'm really OK with playing the PC version. With the PS4 controller it's almost like console, with better performance :)

@stuffymonster quote:

They probably can't give any dates cause they arn't 100% sure themselves, if you just watch old streams from pc patch you get to see all your upcoming content, then watch later streams for future content, I don't see the big deal aside from release dates?

F2P games generally don't make much money. lucky this game was F2P with early access eh :D they would of made around 300k atleast from Defense councilors alone. I doubt the revenue has moved much from going f2p with a playerbase of 600 recently from 1200 i'd be bold enough to say only 600/2k people have popped very small amounts into the game (Proberly for inventory and hero slots) and im assuming thats well the specials were going.

unless they make the game a little more enjoyable soon (real soon) the game may go off the radar for PC and they probably will have to fork out to re-advertise through big streamers. giveaways/companys f2p mmo sites to bring it back to life. Then again

GoT coming out soon so the months will get easier waiting for content.
What is dead may never die.