Sign in to follow this  
batoutofhe11

more votes

we need more votes. I like the feel of the game after trendy fired the last director or whatever and hired the new guy. but it is still light years from what DD1 was, or even a completed, decent game. and to that end, i think we need more votes, more surveys, and more transparency from trendy on what they want to do. otherwise we will continue getting influence votes that say the players want one thing, while trendy implements something else like the tower footprints coming from the tower clumping vote.

I would like more influence votes and transparency, but we don't need a bunch of surveys. Following popular opinion to much will not make a good game, because most the people voting wouldn't know anything about game design. Really most people don't even know what they like in a game, they just know what they think they will like. The reality of a lot of popular requests wouldn't match people expectations, and just because they wanted it doesn't mean they'll enjoy it.

@NineO_OSix quote:

i have 300 points how do I even spend it

You don't.  It's just another game currency with little functionality.  Think wyvern tokens with less ubers ;p

Influence points probably should have been retired at the start of open alpha.  They where a means of keeping early adopters engaged and of having the importance of one's feedback be tied to the degree of one's engagement.

This is no longer important or desirable for them.  The game is now being shaped to be as appealing as possible to less engaged players who don't know about or often visit the forums.  As such, influence points just create an expectation which there is no interest or payoff in satisfying.