Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

So time for a level cap increase if you want this game to survive

I actually think your the one that doesn't get it. A band aid causes more work and balance down the track adding more levels in the current state is like adding more nightmares it doesnt effect how the games played, you can list all the problems with the game but you stated a level cap is coming and its by far the last thing that will make the game more challenging without the other things getting prioritized first.

patience-yoda-300x213.jpg

@In.Session quote:

I actually think your the one that doesn't get it. A band aid causes more work and balance down the track adding more levels in the current state is like adding more nightmares it doesnt effect how the games played, you can list all the problems with the game but you stated a level cap is coming and its by far the last thing that will make the game more challenging without the other things getting prioritized first.

I know what a band-aid is and atm you have nothing worth saving. Again I don't want a level cap increase, but in this case you need something to make the game worth playing. Your end game atm is a wheel. Your end game loot is handed to you so easily, just like what killed DDE. So something has to be done about it.

Prove me wrong.

I never stated a level cap is coming in this thread. The only time I ever stated it's coming was when it was said to be coming to the game by Trendy in their dev stream.

I have already listed what would make the game fun and challenging for end game players. You have none of it in DD2.

I even called it when I said this would piss off alot of you.

Mission accomplished I guess.

Although that wasn't my intention that's definitely an added bonus.

I don't think now is the time for level cap increase. The shear amount of work scaling up and balancing makes me cringe. I would rather they fix everything on our long lists now and get them dialed in than up a level cap the right way. If they raise the cap now it will be like everything else they have done so far, half completed and partially done right. I know you endgame players are getting bored but how many are you? like 100 out of the 2k players? People don't play this game due to core mechanics not because they are getting bored with endgame.

Now I might be the one saying unpopular stuff but endgame needs to chill out until the rest of the game catches up.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:
snip

Nobodys pissed off. everybody agree's the game is broken because it is, its been borked for a long while. but you tears arn't gonna speed anything up and half of what people reply is probably not in Trendys short term goals they probably have a gained a very small line of sight towards a big picture they either hit it or miss it if they miss it the game stays the way it is and rots down to dde or dd1 level ( in numbers not quality its already below in that :P) if they hit it could become possible to ascend further, but they really have to pull there finger out.

DD1 and DDE were good games, but DD2 can be  better if not allot better if they really had a vision and the staff to do it, sadly tho I don't think they have either so we will just have to get what we are given. who knows they could be on the right track with this item overhaul (doubt it but its always fun to grind again)

What they really need to do is not release stuff with more bugs than fixes.

@In.Session quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:
snip

Nobodys pissed off. everybody agree's the game is broken because it is, its been borked for a long while. but you tears arn't gonna speed anything up and half of what people reply is probably not in Trendys short term goals they probably have a gained a very small line of sight towards a big picture they either hit it or miss it if they miss it the game stays the way it is and rots down to dde or dd1 level ( in numbers not quality its already below in that :P) if they hit it could become possible to ascend further, but they really have to pull there finger out.

DD1 and DDE were good games, but DD2 can be  better if not allot better if they really had a vision and the staff to do it, sadly tho I don't think they have either so we will just have to get what we are given. who knows they could be on the right track with this item overhaul (doubt it but its always fun to grind again)

DD1 was a good game, DDE wasn't. If it was it would of still been around. I played both extensively to form a valid opinion on it. I question yours.

No end game is what killed it. You watered down NM just as bad as this game in DDE, you removed all the challenge and the players left.

Sound familiar?

I really don't want DD2 to go down this path.

However when you are better off farming gold than playing the game for near perfect gear that's not a good sign of the game focusing on end game.

Thankfully enemy rebalance is coming and resistance lanes are going. This is the right step.

However it means nothing if the loot stays the same, as you will have most of it already.

The new meta and end game will be min/maxing the Abyss Lord.

As cool as he is, how long will that keep people interested?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

No end game is what killed it. You watered down NM just as bad as this game in DDE, you removed all the challenge and the players left.

Sound familiar?

I really don't want DD2 to go down this path.

I've changed my opinion throughout this thread..

if it's about end game then one of the next few milestones will address that.  No need to raise level cap and ipwr for that.  It's not even a good opportunity because that's like.. just a whole lot of extra time spent on doing superfluous changes

And because of that, I think holding off on that and instead restructuring loot like robo said is a better idea if the goal is to go back on the carnival update and what it did for gear acquisition 

And I'd rather they put that second on the list of priorities to redoing monsters/towers like they said they're working on last dev stream 

Hc mm pls

Loot with hero and tower stats pls

Dont drop loot for characters that are active in game, k thanks

Personally I think Trendy need to learn from the carnival and for it's future appearances have the loot from the wheel capped at a lower Ipwr at least ensuring that end game gear, perfect or otherwise will not be obtainable out of map content. 

As for the rest of the thread, the game has too many systems that need to be overhauled before we worry about setting everyone off on a level playing field. I am hopeful that we will get some kind of "Reset" but only after each of the different segments of the game have had their overhauls assuming they will get it.

@Fozzie quote:

The DD1 system of 4 hero stats and 4 builder stats on all gear worked a treat. I was amazed they didn't keep it.

At least you could hand down your gear if your prime builder got an upgrade, it made farming so much more rewarding. Great I found a new kickass item, which upgrades my main builder, and the hand me downs go on through to the other builders until the lowest items comes out the bottom. In DD1 I could drop this for some person who played well with me or trade it, or sell it as strangely enough fully upgraded items could sell for a hell of a lot in DD1, in DD2 upgrading makes no difference to the 'value' of the item, which is daft.

Couldn't agree more. The loot system in DD1 was excellent. The loot system currently implemented in DD2 is trash, straight up. Trendy should've been focusing on fixing the problems that DD1 had, not screw with what made it great.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes still but caught up on this thread and just have to say this.  Yeah I do get your point but do you know how many games I've seen implode after a level cap or gear cap increase that truthfully wasn't ready for one?  As stated by others, it would be a Band-Aid fix at best and in order to pull it off would require dunking nm5 into the game thanks to how maps load.  Imo, nty.  Trendy has the right mindset right now with this new smaller focused team.  They are taking their time instead of rushing stuff for once and actually looking through countless feedback to find in game issues.  Let's refrain from giving them horrible detouring ideas like this one.  I await the gear revamp and great refarming we know is coming with an eagerly clenched buttocks.

Personally I believe each NM stage shoudl add 10 or more exp levels so you can not only see your ipwr growth, but also character growth. Keep in mind that not everyone has ton of 50-level characters and some players will be starting from scratch.

Also enlarging exp ramp might make it easier to level-up new heroes.

As I stated before, TE has 2 choices when dealing with levels: 

1) The level cap remains 50 forever.

2) The level cap will increase in the future.

Atm, most of the mechanics are design with the thinking that level 50 is the level cap. Just take a look at all endgame, loot going from 240-700 iPW, etc. Now if they intend to raise the level cap one day (not saying now), they will need to redesign a lot of things, mainly loot and difficulties.

With near patch for the HD and the strategy revamp, we can assume they are going in the right direction. We could almost guess the patch after this one will address loot and difficulties. 

my suggestion on level cap increase would be

lv 50 + NM4 finish count.

after finishing like 50 NM4 Maps you can go to NM5 maps and get 50+1 up to +50 (that would be ipwr 2000 or something if you want)

gears will require NM5 finish to be able to equip like iPwr 1100 requires 50+2 (finished NM5 2 times)

and boosting (or helping) friends/other players get to 50+x will halt the highest player until they are x finish apart. its like the boosted player is leeching all the exp. all the drop will basically based on the lowest NM5 Finish.

this will also encourage player to help someone until they are at the same level

NM5 particularly will adjust based on the finish you have already done.

so its like this:
you are lv 50 + 5 so you are taking NM5+6 mobs and they will only drop +5 equipments only. you need to finish and get to +6 to be able to get +6 equipments so you get a challenge to it instead of just spamming NM5 (and losing to 3rd round) until you get geared to afk the map.

instead of 7 rounds it might be good to increase it to 10 so it will be hard (and some towers or blockade get to tier 5)

TL;DR

increase level cap based on achievements or map finishes and equipment drops is based on the lowest level member.

equipment is -1 from the finish you have done (tier 5 equipment can drop from NM5 tier 6 map)

only the lowest member will get the finish count so its like he's leeching everything from equipment to achievements.

@Argick quote:

Personally I think Trendy need to learn from the carnival and for it's future appearances have the loot from the wheel capped at a lower Ipwr at least ensuring that end game gear, perfect or otherwise will not be obtainable out of map content. 

As for the rest of the thread, the game has too many systems that need to be overhauled before we worry about setting everyone off on a level playing field. I am hopeful that we will get some kind of "Reset" but only after each of the different segments of the game have had their overhauls assuming they will get it.

That's exactly why this was thread was made, the worse update in DD2 history. The carnival map. It just shouldn't give you end game loot.

Trendy talk about having limited resources and can only focus on one thing, yet they released something that had no impact on core features. You could argue that the Carnival map was made before hand, fine tuned and then released.

However you know who else was announced before hand and would of actually made a difference to the gameplay and certainly end game. The Dark Assassin.

After the HD changes and tower rebalances, I want to see NM specific enemies being prioritized over a new map which adds nothing to the game, just a new setting.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Kenshiki quote:

things

Or just get rid of the stupid difficulty layers we have atm and redo it. 4 NM with the same enemies with just higher stats is stupid.

I made a thread about this one. I would really like to see one NM difficulty be the staple. NM is way too diluted now to take it seriously. You could easily just have NM and have earlier maps at a lower ipwr, but if they were smart you could also have these maps give you out map specific rewards. Like a unique pet only availabe on that map.

@Fozzie quote:

KnowsNoLimits aka Johnny Storm able to start a fire anywhere ogre.png

I just prefer to give out constructive criticism in my own way. 

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Fozzie quote:

iam curious, how can you give constructive feedback about the carnival when you didnt even played it yet?

and what is so bad about the wheel giving end game loot? no one force you to use it. i dont use it and iam not even on ipwr700. because its boring, takes time and feels like cheating. when some one wants to farm gold and then spin the wheel, then let him. i take the legit way and i dont care if ppl use the shortcut.

@Nelly quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Fozzie quote:

iam curious, how can you give constructive feedback about the carnival when you didnt even played it yet?

and what is so bad about the wheel giving end game loot? no one force you to use it. i dont use it and iam not even on ipwr700. because its boring, takes time and feels like cheating. when some one wants to farm gold and then spin the wheel, then let him. i take the legit way and i dont care if ppl use the shortcut.

I have no problem answering this.

The Carnival map itself is simplistic, the rewards are too good for minimal effort. I don't need to experience it to know this. The majority have been posting their experiences with it and it's mostly negative. A good reason for this is because it was a very bad idea to come out with an update which fixes none of the issues people have been complaining about for I have lost count how long.

Your priorities aren't shown to be in your player base best intentions.

The bad thing about the wheel giving out end game loot is that it's too good, It's loot that you wouldn't normally get even if you grinded 100's of hours and it's available through gold. It trivializes the whole game.

I'm like you though and it's nice to agree on something with you. It does indeed feel like cheating, the update did nothing to improve end game, so I choose to ignore it. I don't like things handed to me because it's boring. I find it alot more rewarding earning the loot myself playing the game as intended.

Also I don't care if others want to use it, more power to them. What I do care about is having this feature kill off the game like it did DDE.  

Trendy are hard work rectifying some of the major issues and it's about time. However you have to question how much of the fan base will be left or will care when they have this game in a more finished state.

End game isn't just about grinding for the best loot either. It's about constantly being challenged in how you approach things and having a variety of things to do. For example in DD1 I could farm coal for Diamonds, play KG survival NMHCMM for a chance at the rarest of the rare Ult++ gear. If I grew tired of that I could farm for a specific pet or weapon on a map, if I wasn't in the mood for that I could always play some challenges.

If I hated myself I could play Sky of love or farm for some Crystaline weapons and gain exclusive adult skins. Which I did both. 

If I wanted a more social experience I would visit people's player shops and make some new friends. Who if they ever needed help could help them out and share my strategies for different maps. Otherwise I have met people I can trade with in the future. You never know what you would find, I spent a ton of time just browsing people's taverns.

Speaking of which acheivements actually meant something as well, they could be displayed through trophies and unique unlocks. So you had that for the achievment hunters.

The list goes on and on.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nelly quote:

The Carnival map itself is simplistic, the rewards are too good for minimal effort. I don't need to experience it to know this. The majority have been posting their experiences with it and it's mostly negative. A good reason for this is because it was a very bad idea to come out with an update which fixes none of the issues people have been complaining about for I have lost count how long.

its mostly negative because a happy consumer dont give feedback so often. so dont take others feedback as your own background for your feedback.

@Nelly quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nelly quote:

its mostly negative because a happy consumer dont give feedback so often. so dont take others feedback as your own background for your feedback.

No it's crap.

People I know have quit because of it. It's like I said when you have limited time or staff to produce things the last thing you need to do use that time and energy for something that doesn't address one of the the main core issues. At the time this was the HD, Tower rebalancing, NM being worthy of it's title and ofc the most annoying thing grinding pet levels and enhancing loot.

None of it was improved, good luck getting those people back.

I really don't know what they were thinking releasing it.

This game is far from having a majority of happy consumers, if it did the player base wouldn't keep dropping like flies.

@Nelly quote:its mostly negative because a happy consumer dont give feedback so often. so dont take others feedback as your own background for your feedback.

Ya no... If the consumers were happy this game wouldn't lose so many players. Feedback is negative because the game has serious issues.