Does earthshatter have any potential?

I've got a setup where we're using towering poison and spoody/speedy harpoons. We've also got a frosty power mage and purge evil monk. I was curious if maybe this little comp would work out if I switched from a frosty power to earthshatter because I have absolutely no need for frosty power with no traps. If I have to keep the towering poison and harpoons going what could complement those well?

I'd stick with the Frosty Power/Frostfire and go with Flamethrowers which can take advantage of Frosty Power. Flamethrowers can take some getting used to, but once you've figured out how to place them safely they're extremely powerful. 

They when paired with frosty towers. They can break the frozen. Something to thing about when it comes to synergy. You can run around with the huntress or app freely and not worry about the ice blocks and a instant death.

I actually like them, but with all towers, they are better at onslaughter. Which is actually good now. Pretty ok'ish damage output and like Gluttony says instant kill for frozen with knock up.

I'm not going to say it's the best thing every but it definitely has it's pros (current PS4 version):

1)Very long range 2)Can target mobs without a direct line of sight, goes underground 3)The freeze/shatter combo kills other than boss and even then still does a big chunk of damage 4)Has an AoE which is not tiny and hits hard 5) has got a related passive Fault line-which is not that great really

Cons: 1)Narrow targeting cone 2)50 Defense Units 3)Only ground enemies 4)Relatively slowww

So overall, I kind of like them and they can be used well sometimes but generally outshined by other stuff. Fully upgraded on onslaught they are pretty damn sweet.

Earthshatter tower isn't in the best position right now. The damage output is high, but not enough to counter the slow attack rate. Not much passive to help it, only vector and fault line. 

Could still work, but might not be optimal.

I hope the earthshatter will be able to knock up burried witherbeasts after the revamp has taken place. It could also work upwards walls etc. At the moment it is useless for me but I'd love to use it because it is a really cool defense.