Devstream 54: March 25th, 5PM EDT

Since apparently no one knows what the heck I'm actually talking about, here is a picture of the gold item pickup:

bxqieBs.png

Whatever happened to it, and could it be potentially re-implemented as a 100 gold pickup item instead? That way there wouldn't be nearly as many entities when using the gold sphere(s).

Will the next difficulty be called Nightmare V or some new name? Maybe something like Living Hell..... 1 2 and 3 XD.

Is there a plan for cross platform play with the PC and PS4, this is currently done in other games and with the game moving towards the same code base this could be a solution for increasing the player base on both PC and PS4.

That would be good, but there playerverse has to many server stability issues i honestly dont think it would be possible within 1-2years

IMO the Lightning round mattered. The more questions asked for a yes, no, or maybe was something I looked forward to. They were great questions that gave us light at the end of the dark tunnel that we have all been driving together. 

First question: Will you add the option to allocate stats to a pet after leveling like DD1 as well as weapons? I felt this was what made our pets/weapons much more unique while grinding for harder pets/weapons. I miss attack rate options instead of waste allocation boxes and gold to have to farm more. I also loved adding to a weapons max options for speed or more shots from an apprentice weapon. 

Second question: Why isn't the Ps4 shown more love during dev streams? We get a 20 second "Tim is hard at work on the next patch which you all will hear about soon" instead of time frames or thoughts on our side of things. I do get we are behind but address some of our issues too maybe? 

Sorry here is a third question: Why does this already start to feel like we are missing out like back on PS3 with the ps4 not getting the spooky chests like PC did? 

-lightning: Will we get spooky chests to spawn in map with the next patch?

When will we see the narwhal pet?

When will butter get his own pet variant? 

When is the next ps4 patch?

Can we get bearicades?

Will we receive actual aura towers for monk like DD1? (Big transparent orbs in color)

When can we buy the dark arts apprentice in his 3D collectible on sandboxr? Also other hero variants can work ;)

Are there any plans to revive DD1 for consoles or place onto current gen? If so, with the dlc, I would pay $60 for this because in my opinion it's completely worth it! 

The tower skins, when will it be done? Because on the ps4 the game is boring as hell while the pc gamers get the joy. A reason to play for a week or 2.

@Jimmybear90 quote:

The tower skins, when will it be done? Because on the ps4 the game is boring as hell while the pc gamers get the joy. A reason to play for a week or 2.

And this is exactly why I asked about the Halloween chests. Why is it that we have to work 10x harder for those dps weapons and PC players had spooky chests spawn in the map to summon the spooky characters so you had higher chances to obtain the weapons. 

Again it's inequality for us just like the PS3. 

Could you make a Jester costume for Huntress? My friend pointed out how awesome the Jester's clothes would look on Huntress. I'd love to see it.

@BULKBRO quote:

Could you make a Jester costume for Huntress? My friend pointed out how awesome the Jester's clothes would look on Huntress. I'd love to see it.

I doubt that they would, considering they will probably eventually make a full Hero out of the Jester one day...

So we're going to grab a few questions for the stream! I'll answer some of the questions here:

1.) Why did devstreams go from a weekly to once every other week basis? (sn/+/per)

• Because we honestly don't have enough content to keep weekly Devstreams interesting, and Devstreams are pretty taxing to make. So from a resource perspective and a player entertainment perspective, we decided to make them every other week.
2.)  When will you add more female characters? ([[131681,users]]-Sha-Bom)
  • The next hero after the Abyss Lord will be a female hero -- the Series EV2. And then we're going to have an Influence Vote which includes another female hero -- the Gun Witch.
3.)  With the upcoming hero deck changes, have you decided if towers will stay if we remove the character that placed them from our deck? If not, when should we expect that decision to be made/announced? ([[79935,users]])
  • Towers will stay, and all passives/skill spheres will still apply to those towers.
4.) When is PS4 going to get its patch? ([[60550,users]])
  • The Carnival + Harbinger update should come out in early April -- that's our current estimate.
5.) What ever happened to the piggy bank gold pickup item? ([[31834,users]])
  • Good question! This might be a bug. I'll ping QA.
6.) Is there a plan for cross platform play with the PC and PS4? ([[60550,users]])
  • At the moment, we don't have plans for cross-platform play.
7.) Why does this already start to feel like we are missing out like back on PS3 with the ps4 not getting the spooky chests like PC did? ([[123212,users]])
  • The Spooky Weapons should still drop on the Temple of the Necrotic and the Dead Road. Once we get PS4 caught up to PC, we should be able to release our special events at the same time and avoid issues like this in the future. I'm really sorry for the frustration. We're working as hard as we can to make sure PS4 players and PC players get the same content.
8.) Since you're looking through old heroes, are you planning on bringing back the gender swapped heroes? Personally I think they'd be great to fill in some of the hero library fast, and people want them back. ([[52577,users]]
  • Right now, we're looking at the old MOBA heroes for inspiration. A number of the gender-swapped heroes became their own unique, fleshed-out hero in the MOBA (like the Countess). So I can't give a definitive answer on a gender swap option in DD2, but most likely, the gender-swapped heroes from DD1 would have their own unique kit if they are added to DD2.