Devstream 54: March 25th, 5PM EDT

(Note:  Apologies for not answering last week's questions. We had a ton of info to get through on the stream!)

Have a question for Trendy? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, March 25th at 5PM EDT. 

When will you add more female characters? I personally don't care about the character's genders, but my female friends who play the game only want to play as female characters so they are limited to just the huntress right now.

What plans are there to remedy the training dummy? If I say so myself, I'd suggest making it reflect ranged attacks based on it's spin speed, or being an anti-air tower (physical), again based on it's speed. 

If there isn't any time to get through questions or even lightning round, I suggest they be answered in a separate thread or stream every one or two weeks. This way, we can still get feedback and you can promote the game all you want in the devstream.

* It's disheartening to see less than a quarter of our questions answered in current devstreams because more time is set aside for discussing the devlogs, new content and answering questions on Twitch.

1.) Why did devstreams go from a weekly to once every other week basis?

• I asked in a previous devstream and was told that if the channel got enough viewers, two 1-hour devstreams would come to fruition. However, now that there's more viewers (albeit not as many as was needed for longer streams), there's half as many as before.

2.) If Defender Medals are going to be the newest premium currency, what will happen with Wyvern Tokens? Will we be able to exchange them for Defender Medals or are there going to be more ubers?

Lightning (Must Know): To maximize inventory space, could you please make the rest of the items (except gear and pets) stack to 99 or a number higher than 10? About 75% of my 16 bags are maxed with items stackable to 10 and I'm down to 1 bag of free space. I'd even pay to have this.

Lightning (Must Know): Could we please have more inventory expansion packs, preferably in the form of increased bag space like the pet bag? The Carnival update itself should've gotten one.

Lightning: At some point, could you please make all cutscenes in the game (Victory, Defeat, Chest and Boss) skippable so we're not interrupted when viewing our inventory or menu?

Lightning: Do you plan to add a "No" button to the Time Out window at a later time to quit us out of the game?

Lightning: When the Carnival returns, will it have prizes different from what it has now?

I'll just repost my questions from last time.

1)  Since you're looking through old heroes, are you planning on bringing back the gender swapped heroes? Personally I think they'd be great to fill in some of the hero library fast, and people want them back.

If lightning round is going to be a thing, here's one.

Lightning: Will more combos be added (meaning combos like ignite/electrocute)

@braydon180 quote:

If lightning round is going to be a thing, here's one.

Lightning: Will more combos be added (meaning combos like ignite/electrocute)

To reiterate on your question, as well:

Will combos feel more meaningful and deadly, in later gameplay as well? After a certain point combos feel almost worthless outside of geyser + lightning and the stuns.

Also, will some enemies be susceptible to certain mechanics? ie: kobolds ignited should explode immediately or soon after, and shouldn't their explosion cause a chain of explosions if they are together? It makes sense in a way, and it would be pretty cool to accomplish and take out an entire lane by killing one kobold at times.

Enemies that can be frost resistant, fire resistant, or even enemies that take bonus damage from certain effects all in the same lane could make for interesting defense combinations. Just throwing that out there in general!

1) With the upcoming hero deck changes, have you decided if towers will stay if we remove the character that placed them from our deck? If not, when should we expect that decision to be made/announced?

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

1) With the upcoming hero deck changes, have you decided if towers will stay if we remove the character that placed them from our deck? If not, when should we expect that decision to be made/announced?

There's zero promise we are getting active deck swapping in match.  They merely said they wanted to try it out and see how the game handled it.  If it's too much work to correct, it's liable to get binned.  Don't get your hopes up for things that aren't set in stone.  Everything on the last dev stream was wishful thinking with Elliot repeatedly saying it wasn't promised, but they'd like to try it.

@roboticaust quote
@CollectorOfBolts quote:

There's zero promise we are getting active deck swapping in match.  They merely said they wanted to try it out and see how the game handled it.  If it's too much work to correct, it's liable to get binned.  Don't get your hopes up for things that aren't set in stone.  Everything on the last dev stream was wishful thinking with Elliot repeatedly saying it wasn't promised, but they'd like to try it.

While I understand that, I have decided to be optimistic on the matter until they declare otherwise.

The massive support for the ideas we saw after the previous dev stream certainly helps me justify my optimism. Also, the thought of never wanting to play DD2 again if they bin the ideas has me holding onto what hope I have left for the game a little tighter than I was before.

When the resistances are removed what are you going to do with the weapons from the harbinger and The Cleaner, how will these weapons be affected when they no longer have a special use

@TMyth quote:

When the resistances are removed what are you going to do with the weapons from the harbinger and The Cleaner, how will these weapons be affected when they no longer have a special use

They should be fine, they still have good bonus damage and other effects.

@braydon180 quote:

@TMyth quote:

They should be fine, they still have good bonus damage and other effects.

They aren't that strong, monk is almost absolutely useless, like the monks weapon being only for lsa's are just bad

Lightning round : Is there going to be a cannonball / frost tower combo in the near future? I.e. The cannonball tower able to "shatter" enemies??

Here are some of my questions which cumulated over time. Please take whichever you think will be answered:

• Do you intend to implement additional elemental combos and/or status effects into the game? The current combos are awesome but weak and there is so much potential.
  • What do you think about making cosmetics steam inventory items? That way duplicates would be ok and we could still open more and try to get rare cosmetics and even trade them afterwards.
  • Any chance for a working and editable ignore list so we can really choose who we won't be matched up with? This is free 2 play, anyone can play and there are tons of trolls.
  • Will you give us the possibility to enlarge our inventory bags with gems? 8 huge bags are a lot better than 16 small ones.
  • Will we be able to rename Heroes in the future?
  • Why is it not possible to mix different costumes and all the accessoires? This would be a total incentive to buy more than one costume per hero and would mean total customization to the players.Your costumes are great but once I have a good one there is no need for additional ones.
  • Do you plan on implementing something like a callout-wheel that pops up when pressing the callout button? (where you can navigate with the shortcuts we already have AND the movement stick) This would be a great benefit for ps4 players as well as pc-controller players.
  • Do you think about creating a survival similar to DDE's survival where the players have to keep everything alive for a whole hour without any break or build phase in between? It was a great idea and did not took as endless as current onslaught.

• I feel like we should be able to get more substantial amounts of gold in higher difficulties and game modes.  At the moment it's just more mindless, boring farming on easier maps. Any plan to improve/change this?
  • EDIT: Will melee heroes survivability be buffed? They have potential to be viable DPS in NM4, but they just can't stay alive long enough to do any damage as they will get killed in a few hits. (Monk in particular has this problem)
  • EDIT: Lightning round - Are we going to have anymore weekend events? (Like the Madwick one, Hero Passive events, Legendary drop rate buff, etc...)

When is PS4 going to get its patch? There has been no feedback on a timetable for PS4 and the last time the PS4 roadmap thread on the forums was updated was 2/2/16

Due to the power outages, we have to delay this week's Devstream to next week. Sorry about that, Defenders. kobold.png

How is gold going to be fixed in the future as to be more rewarding to higher tier play? Whether it be more gold dropped on enemy deaths? or more gold per item sold?

What ever happened to the piggy bank gold pickup item?

@gigazelle quote:

It is only effective on very low difficulties i.e. Easy, and you must have all jackpot hear and it is extremely boring so much so I've fell asleep sitting down doing it. It needs to be fixed to automatically give more gold on higher levels, it's not effective at all on nm4 which should reward the most, instead rewards the least. Only thing nm4 is good for is the item power for upgrades

@TMyth quote:

@gigazelle quote:

It is only effective on very low difficulties i.e. Easy, and you must have all jackpot hear and it is extremely boring so much so I've fell asleep sitting down doing it. It needs to be fixed to automatically give more gold on higher levels, it's not effective at all on nm4 which should reward the most, instead rewards the least. Only thing nm4 is good for is the item power for upgrades

I've found having a maxed up pet helps tremendously despite it occasionally jacking a kill.  I'd rather it steal a few thousand gold from my intake per run than to suffer an extra few minutes per run.

I'm actually referring to a physical piggy bank item dropped on the ground from enemies, like the coins and bags we have now. It was what the skill sphere icons were based on, and was removed a while ago.

@gigazelle quote:

I'm actually referring to a physical piggy bank item dropped on the ground from enemies, like the coins and bags we have now. It was what the skill sphere icons were based on, and was removed a while ago.

You'll get like 100 gold from ogres and specials occasionally that's it