Thank you for getting rid of the resistance for lanes

Finally I can make a positive thread about DD2.

Now you can use any tower for all lanes, it's a start in the right direction.

Enemies should have random resistances to them like DD1 and strength and weakness's, which it looks like that is the way you are going.

Cheers.

I'm considering the potential of Oily Harpoon and Flamethrowers, ya know, without one of them having a 75% damage penalty. 

Wow really! surprised they enacted on my complaint. Slowly but surely its heading in the right direction, but not enough to get me to fire up DD2

Pro of taking resistance away: more builds possible (oily harpoon and flamethrower). no restarting maps for better resistance (but there could be a item to change resistances)

cons: boring builds again like in DD1. same build/tower on every lane and every map.

i currently dont like it when they take them away. another challenging part gone.

@Nelly quote:

Pro of taking resistance away: more builds possible (oily harpoon and flamethrower). no restarting maps for better resistance (but there could be a item to change resistances)

cons: boring builds again like in DD1. same build/tower on every lane and every map.

i currently dont like it when they take them away. another challenging part gone.

Taking resistances away is the step in the right direction to give freedom back to the player. DD1 never had boring builds because you were always free to experiment how you wished and the meta was never set, this game has the most boring builds.

This game is also the least challenging out of the series.

Nightmare IV is equal to DD1's Insane +. You have stock enemies with higher damage and health.

You want a true challenge?

DD2 can delvier that when they stop focusing on buffing enemies health and damage and start delivering NM specific enemies that challenge how you build and you will require multiple builders to counter them.

That's what I'm waiting for.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

You want a true challenge?

DD2 can delvier that when they stop focusing on buffing enemies health and damage and start delivering NM specific enemies that challenge how you build and you will require multiple builders to counter them.

That's what I'm waiting for.

I would prefer if they renamed the current nightmare to something else, increase the level cap, and implement a true nightmare like we had in DD1.

I would even more prefer if we had not 8 different difficulties. DD1 did it right there although it was really hard to break into nightmare.

The upcoming vanishing of resistance lanes is great. Now I am really curious about the enemies individual strengths and weaknesses they have been mentioning.

Ya this and the enemy changes are what I've been wanting the most from this game.

I'm most interested in what Trendy are planning with the Strategic Revamp. The enemy and defense revamps have the potential to really up the difficulties and challenges that can be seen in the game.

The removal of resistances is a great first step to this.

Just when I thought the best thing was the removal of the fliers resist. This will allow for some awesome builds for sure. I will always use 3 EC traps at my blockades but along the way. There will be all kinds of nasty towers etc waiting.

I didn't like the lane resistances at first, but I'm actually kinda sad to see them go (though I haven't seen them go yet). I agree that there is a lot more freedom, and experimenting with different combos will be more fun again. I did like the challenge they posed though. It was like each map had 3 mini builds (physical resist, magic resist, no resist). I would always roll with whatever combination the map threw at me, so re-rolling maps was never an issue. Only real bummer for me was when pushing the limits of the build. A DPS hero can help you clear a map that your towers struggle with, but as a solo player, you really only get one DPS hero. You have to choose between primarily magical or physical damage, so they are much less useful on one of the resist lanes. Invariably that lane gets heavy at an inopportune time, and that ends your run. A little bit of luck is fun, but it can be pretty frustrating when a map you've beat 4 times all of a sudden kicks your butt because the !@#$ physical resist lane was heavy. 

I am excited about being able to have some AOE and some single target damage on each lane again though. I've found that magical = AOE and physical = single target. Physical AOE was/is really limited to the explosive traps, and calling those AOE is a little generous since their range is so much smaller than other AOE (now I'm wondering if earthshatter does physical, but other towers are so much better i don't think it really matters). There was also balistas, but they didn't affect an area but a line. I guess overall this is a step in the right direction. I am wary about random resistances, but if it's only an odd monster here and there, it probably won't be a big deal. It's funny to me that people seem to recall them fondly from DD1, but everyone used weaken auras to just remove resistances there. Either that or they used harpoons or minions, that didn't get resisted.

It is hard to create an opinion about this at present because of the upcoming enemy and defense revamps. This is something that's going to be really interesting.

I assume the next milestone will be the first one purely directed by Elliot while I think the Carnival preparations had started before he joined Trendy. (just my personal assumption without knowing anything about real facts!)

@supergeek22 quote:

A DPS hero can help you clear a map that your towers struggle with, but as a solo player, you really only get one DPS hero. You have to choose between primarily magical or physical damage, so they are much less useful on one of the resist lanes. Invariably that lane gets heavy at an inopportune time, and that ends your run. A little bit of luck is fun, but it can be pretty frustrating when a map you've beat 4 times all of a sudden kicks your butt because the !@#$ physical resist lane was heavy. 

when we rly get the hero hot swapping while in combat phase. then we could switch the ressistance DPS. so that wouldnt be a problem anymore

For the sake of a tower defense game that's only utilized tower is a frost slow and a bunch of mines doesn't scream "tower defense" to me. So good riddance to the ever annoying buzzkill resist lanes taking out all the variety and fun the game has to offer.