Sign in to follow this  
braydon

Elemental damge should not be reduced in NM.

It could never keep up with regular damage anyway, but if it dealt full damage on NM it night add some validity to it.

The Rainmaker is already the best elemental weapon which out damages a lot of weapons. What you are suggesting leads to an approximate 800% better weapon than any weapon which does generic damage. Not going to happen... but we already got senseless changes... so...

Isn't that one that deals elemental instead of generic? I was only talking about the secondary element stat.

The RainMaker has 75,600 in the secondary elemental stat (In this case, fire).

@braydon180 quote:

Isn't that one that deals elemental instead of generic? I was only talking about the secondary element stat.

The fire is the secondary elemental stat in the rainmaker.  There are also some weapons in the game that scale with elemental, so if they didn't get nerfed in NM then NM would be a lot easier with those weapons.  I guess everyone would ditch their weapons and use elemental weapons in NM.  And NM would become like insane then?

Well NM is already like Insane and it is getting easier and easier, once a challenge, nowadays almost laughable.

Approaching from a development standpoint, this would fall under the category of "quick fix that may have temporary advantages", AKA a bandaid for a gaping wound (elemental weapon damage has never really worked right...)

@CrzyRndm quote:

Approaching from a development standpoint, this would fall under the category of "quick fix that may have temporary advantages", AKA a bandaid for a gaping wound (elemental weapon damage has never really worked right...)

Ya I know, but I was thinking this wouldn't ever be fixed well, unless you have some plan for it. Anyway it's probably a bad idea with the rainmaker.