Superfluous Customizations?

It might seem superfluous and unnecessary, but a large part of the charm in DD1 for me was the under-the-hood customization. I was able to re-colour the stock "skins", able to unlock cool new things to defend (Book of Souls or bust!), and able to show off in the tavern with my pretty trophies and steam achievements.

I understand the idea behind pay-to-look-pretty skins, and the necessity of things like that with a F2P model, but a big part of the replay value on what is, at the end of the day, a session-based game is the little details that help a player make it their own.

Is there any call for that sort of thing in DD2? I'd be more inclined to get skins if I could mix and match the pieces, or re-colour ones that I already have, and I'd definitely be on board for buying a "skin" for the defense objective, although DD2 has non-crystal objectives so I could see how that would be untenable.

EDIT: I called the Book of Souls the Book of Life, I am ashamed. And possibly blasphemous.

@TheWittyScamp quote:

Is there any call for that sort of thing in DD2? I'd be more inclined to get skins if I could mix and match the pieces, or re-colour ones that I already have,

These features really do need to return.

They *cough* were *cough* in *cough* the *cough* other iteration *cough*.

When I started playing this about 3 or 4 weeks ago I was really surprised and disappointed they were not in the current game.

I also miss Core reskins. It would be really weird to implement it for most of the objectives we currently have now, but I loaded DD1 to play with my little brother and I saw my green geode skin with red sparkles and blue glow I realized that DunDef 2 sacrificed an iconic piece of tavern/game customization from the first game.

100?cb=20111025012657

Yeah, I was all about the purple book with black bindings and green souls floating around it.

It's completely unnecessary, serves no purpose, but it's painfully absent from my DD2 experience.

I wouldn't mind being able to use different crystal skins or recolors, especially in a private tavern setting with friends. 

[Moved to Suggestions Forum] 

I've said it before, I want to see the DDE system. It's actually perfect for this as dyes could be sold for gems. Can't see why it's not in game.

@braydon180 quote:

I've said it before, I want to see the DDE system. It's actually perfect for this as dyes could be sold for gems. Can't see why it's not in game.

Yes DDe had a pretty good system too. Im really suprised it didnt make it into this.  Since trading will probably be added later if they are going to let us trade gold then I would make the dye cost Gold. There are already quite a few potential gold sinks such as craft (which needs reworked) but using dye for it could be pretty solid.

I've got mixed feelings about the emotes though. Some of them were pretty neat. Would like to see them develop/refine more gameplay content before adding in a new system just for those.

I know that I might seem like a "white knight" or w/e sometimes, but the way they handled cosmetics in this game as opposed to the previous games and in something else really has me angry at them. There are very minor customization features that were a lot of fun missing that could have been in this game say 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know how long this game has been in steam early access.

They probably will but it's not vital at this present moment. Still reworking most of the core game play.