Sign in to follow this  
NineO_OSix

Are all upgrades the same? How does it work and how to efficiently do it?

I have a few questions about upgrading gear.

Do you get more def power if you only use high ipower/legendary when you upgrade?

Does ipower matter when being used as upgrade fodder?

If 2 items are both say 600 ipower with 43 upgrade and both are max will they have the same stats or different?

Is it more cost gold effective to use only legendary to upgrade or is all the same?

You dont get more power levels you just level up faster.

The higher the ipwr the more "xp" you gain for your upgraded item.

I dont exactly lnow but in theory they should have the same stats.

And yes it is more gold efficient to only use high ipwr legendaries

Throw away everything you learned from your characters level in RPGs. This game you level your gear, basically the higher the Ipwr the better. you are, You want to do the maps you can complete reliably and hope you get gear that would be better. You also want to stack passives that would go good with your character build. For example Defence life and defence power for squire for decent builder. and then throw in the passives that buff or do something for your offensive towers. make sure to stack those too to get the full effect. 

If you mean upgrades as in the wheel thing, that shouldn't change your item power. 

I need to clarify I am talking about upgrading gear as in putting in the old lady crazy ***. Where you put in 5 items and it increases your own item by some stats

@NineO_OSix quote:

I need to clarify I am talking about upgrading gear as in putting in the old lady crazy ***. Where you put in 5 items and it increases your own item by some stats

Joth answered everything. Only one i'm not sure is if it's just iPWR that matters or rarity too. Eg: Blue 700 iPWR vs Legendary 700 iPWR, not sure if it's the same exp or not. 

Higher ipwr and rarity will increase the exp by more. You can test this by taking an item with some levels already and putting it on the wheel with a single blue item, then a single legendary. 

Whenever I have a fresh piece of gear I'll dump 5 legendaries on it which will push it to around level 12. If it doubles, 17 or 18. That'll cost about 90 gold also. Until you're pushing high 600 ipwr gear, I wouldn't go beyond that in terms of upgrades. Save your gold for spheres and the expensive upgrades you'll face down the line.

Weapons will get close to 3 points a level at higher item power levels, relics close to 2. Armor I think gets more than 1 sometimes. 

ipwr 700 legendaries give a lot more XP than ipwr 700 powerful loot. And, since the gold cost exponentially increases, you want to make sure every upgrade gives as much XP as possible.

Personally I don't upgrade any of my gear past 25, as the gold cost gets too expensive for me and I don't play enough hours in the day to farm up that much gold.