Sign in to follow this  
BestProfileName

When is this game going to be in the beta stage?

beta is pretty much the end product with minor issues that need to be found by the "beta testers" to have the game 100% ready for release in this case this game still needs a full re-work of a lot of features this game is no where near being ready for beta just yet probably by the end of this year they will have everything ready for beta and if all goes good prob by next year around this same time we will have the full product ready. 

none of what i stated on top is fact just my opinion so don't hold me on it maybe trendy's timeline is shorter then what i believe it should be or maybe it's longer.

@BestProfileName quote:

1. How do they distinguish between  alpha and beta other than the name?

2. When does it go beta?

Other than the promise to never do a full wipe again, there really wasn't anything groundbreaking moving from pre-alpha to alpha. Partial resets/rerolls can still potentially happen if a certain game mechanic gets an overhaul, so really the dev cycle names are arbitrary. 

It has not been revealed when the game will hit beta, and when it does, again it's just a dev cycle name that doesn't mean a whole lot. It's still 'Early Access'.

@Gunghoe quote:

When they actually figure out how to balance the game.

Pretty much this, and when the game stops failing before it even enters beta. The game right now, shouldn't have ever went free to play.

Oh well. At least we get costumes every patch instead of meaningful changes that has been needed for a long while now. Hopefully that changes this year, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see actual notes and hear more than "we want to do x." 

Wellll, if you are going by Trendys word, then they want to be out of early access by the end of this year. Not sure if that means full release or beta. The game does need a drastic change to pretty much everything. Also, they can't keep deadlines. Ps4 was meant to have another update towards the end of February, that never happened. Suprise!

@Gunghoe quote:

Brett and Steven's defense/enemy audit sounds pretty sweet so far. It's still a work-in-progress, but I believe we're going to share some more details about it on Friday's Devstream.

@iamisom quote:

@Gunghoe quote:

Brett and Steven's defense/enemy audit sounds pretty sweet so far. It's still a work-in-progress, but I believe we're going to share some more details about it on Friday's Devstream.

I look forward to it. I hope they're not just trying to allow all characters to do every roll, and keep the differences inherent in the characters in tact. Maybe even making them more defined into certain roles.

@iamisom quote:

@Gunghoe quote:

Thanks for the comment, I'll watch the next dev stream.  

I still feel that the build Hearty blockade is too powerful, personally, and actually quite frankly because it's also causing developers to build around that, well, it's effect on the game for me, is a lack luster thing that made me enjoy the game less. Sure you helped out by making it defense health, but all in all, I don't think it has a positive effect on the game. Because you have to balance around it. 

@Gunghoe quote:

Thanks for the comment, I'll watch the next dev stream.  

Update on this:  Not sure how much we can share on today's stream. The changes are still being prototyped and tested. The nitty-gritty might have to wait until the next stream. We'll see. :)