Trading How it Should be Done - Let me Know Your Opinion

Just a quick note, if your a new player this MAY go over your head, however, still read on your opinion is a good perspective to have as your view can be very different to someone who has played the game for a while :D

Most people are either strongly for or strongly against trading.
Those who want trading, want it to make some money or share items with those who are having some trouble finding that last little push they need to move in to the next difficulty
Those who wish for it to never make it in to the game, fear that a trading system will shorten the game by removing the grind and on top of this making it pay to win where if you have the gold you can buy anything.

So the trading system I have envisioned addresses the following
1. Removing the Grind
2. Pay to Win
3. Real money Trading Websites
4. Across Character Cheating
5. Trading Within a Group

1. Removing the Grind:
This is as far as I know the most common reason why people are against a trading system, DD2 is after all a game that thrives on peoples obsession with getting there characters that little bit better.If you can only purchase an item that is either lower or equal to your current IPWR as well as removing the ability to upgrade it further and reducing its IPWR to 0 (it can still have the IPWR its suppose to as long as it doesn't add to the IPWR value that the trading system is running off) you can't get perfectly rolled gear fully upgraded without having a full set of items fully upgraded already as well as progressively upgrading your IPWR through trading in order to get a fully geared fresh lvl 50

2. Pay to Win:
This is a reason why people stop playing all sorts of games, no one likes playing game knowing all there hard work is a waste of time as there are people paying there way to victory and the top of the leader boards. Now if a different currency was to be used for trading something that only drops from reward chests, big bosses (such as Betsy) and possibly a chance for them in the currency pool in onslaught, this means they are not easily obtainable and trading is more like a thing you look to when you need a little help to get to the next section of the game, or to make your farming faster and more efficient.(This new currency can be traded for gold, however gold can't be traded for this currency making it profitable and staying within the non pay-to-win restrictions)

3. Real Money Trading Websites:
In a way this falls under the Pay to Win category, however this section is more about managing peoples abuse of the economy rather then the economy its self, i doubt that something like this would pop up for a game such a DD2 and gain enough popularity to become a problem however if restriction were to be placed on the value of item it gives TrendyEnt a way to mange the problem. Example, an item with an IPWR of X has a minimum value of Y this value will have to be balanced with how much of the new currency you can get per run with a map that rewards an Item with IPWR X. This stops people from under paying people as well as giving people a general idea of how much to save when attempting to purchase an item

4. Across Character Cheating:
This is the hardest problem I've come across to solve, in order to get the best IPWR people will search through all there heroes and bags to find there highest IPWR Items put them all on one character and just like that, that characters IPWR is higher then it was, allowing for higher lvl trades across all there characters, if once traded an item is bound to a character that stops people from trading from one character to get gear for all there characters, however,the bigger of the two problems is increasing a character IPWR before trading which i can't think of a nice way to solve only way i could think of was that when a trade took place what ever item you wished to swap out must contain a passive that is exclusive to the character type you are using to trade with as well as only a defence based item can be traded for a defence based item and a hero based item can only be traded for a hero based item

5. Trading Within a Group:
This is in a way a less restrictive way of trading, when an item drops in the world, a timer starts, this timer is the time allowed for that item to be traded freely with no consequence or currency exchange needed. The only restrictions on these items are 1. You must be in the same game when that item drops and 2. The item must be equal to or less then the characters average IPWR that the player had when the loot drops

Please reply with your thoughts on this, as well as any problems you see with this trading system
Just remember that this is built to be something you can turn to for help rather then somewhere you can just find all the best gear.

@braydon180 quote:

No, essentially nobody is against trading...

A LOT of people are against trading. I am against it, unless done very carefully. I loved running a shop on DD1, but I can also see just how much that sadly broke the game.

I think Blu has outlined a lot of clever and well thought out ideas that could cover a lot of the problems found in countless trading systems. The problem I think you will find is that a lot of what you suggested is rather complex, and hard to explain to a new player within the game and without having a huge wall of text explaining it.

I'm all for trying to make a trading system that's fair, doesn't shorten the life of the game, and doesn't introduce someone sending an end game player $20 and getting fully geared, still having no clue on what to do.

I am one of the people who would rather dd2 to not have a trading system. I honestly want one but I cannot think of a way that it could be implemented without breaking a lot of the current game

The only system I can think of is one based on your ipwr. Something like, you can't trade anything over 50ipwr lvls above the receiver. They should totally add something similar to world of warcraft's dungeon trading though. If I got a legendary bow on my squire while I'm duoing nm1 with my huntress buddy, it would be great for me to be able to give it to him. Basically make items received in a group run tradable only within that same group.

@david8simonelli quote:

The only system I can think of is one based on your ipwr. Something like, you can't trade anything over 50ipwr lvls above the receiver. They should totally add something similar to world of warcraft's dungeon trading though. If I got a legendary bow on my squire while I'm duoing nm1 with my huntress buddy, it would be great for me to be able to give it to him. Basically make items received in a group run tradable only within that same group.

I remembered being told from someone that, the iPWR idea will be put into place. If Trendy spoke of it, i'm not sure. I like your other idea but then it shouldn't be a problem if you're duoing anyway, you should both be near the same iPWR. 

• 2 weeks later...

Iam against trading. In any game the prices goes sky-high and this is the reason why Money-seller comes to games. I have no problem for working hard for an item i want.