Get rid of the 1000+ enemy rounds in Onslaught

Or make the enemies come down all lanes at once because it takes too long and is a bore.

Is it a bug that when you get the 1000+ rounds the enemies come mostly down one lane?

@rdeal quote:

Or make the enemies come down all lanes at once because it takes too long and is a bore.

Is it a bug that when you get the 1000+ rounds the enemies come mostly down one lane?

It's not a bug and having 1000+ goblins down one lane would be too easy, so I assume that's why they're split. I've been grinding Onslaught for tickets for a while now and I don't notice it taking any longer than the javelin thrower rounds or the drakin rounds.

What i am saying is they do come down mostly one lane at a time, only on the 1000+ rounds  and it is easy boring and takes forever

@rdeal quote:

What i am saying is they do come down mostly one lane at a time, only on the 1000+ rounds  and it is easy boring and takes forever

They split them up. I mainly do the normal Siphon Site D map. It's easy, yeah, but it's mainly a break in rounds. An easy chance for more loot/tickets/gold. If you what you are wanting is one lane mobs then hit throne room. They, from the times I've played, break down the horde mobs they're having so many come out one lane, then another, then another. Seems like maybe that's the map you should play if you don't want spread out 1000+ waves.

@[TG] Zhenny quote:

@rdeal quote:

They split them up. I mainly do the normal Siphon Site D map. It's easy, yeah, but it's mainly a break in rounds. An easy chance for more loot/tickets/gold. If you what you are wanting is one lane mobs then hit throne room. They, from the times I've played, break down the horde mobs they're having so many come out one lane, then another, then another. Seems like maybe that's the map you should play if you don't want spread out 1000+ waves.

Uhm, reading what hes saying ... isnt he saying that he DON'T want that? ... 

@rdeal quote:

@gnollmar quote:

Uhm, reading what hes saying ... isnt he saying that he DON'T want that? ... 

Lol read above.

I know what your saying. I time it. Horde waves take 30mins+ to complete. They trickle out of their spawns too slowly, making onslaught games very boring. Compared to prepatch, when they came out extremely fast and jumped walls at waves rounds 60+ if they didn't die quickly enough. My advice is to leave onslaught mode. Not much to gain from there anyhow since item power seems to be capped at 650. 

If only all horde waves were speedy horde waves heh...

I'm in the same boat as wox though, onslaught is painfully boring and I only play it if required.

Rip survival mode.

I hate onslaught mode. No reason to play it. Get to round 20 like 2 hours in and you still get garbage for prizes and its just a terrible mode to begin with. I dont have any clue why they wouldnt have brought back survival mode instead of this garbage waste your time and gain nothing mode

@Woxiess quote:

Guessing survival was in DD1? How was it different? 

Survival mode was just like basic game,mode but each wave was a little tougher than the previous.

By being like the normal game mode loot dropped normally as well.  So something that for example would drop ipwr 100, by wave 10 might have 150, wave 20 have ipwr 200, etc...so by time you were 30 waves in you actually felt like you were improving as gear was getting better and better with each wave.

This also was where the endgame gear was locked behind when I played DD1.  Clearing 30 waves and on to start getting good gear, then 45, etc...

@Darkenheight quote:

@Woxiess quote:

Guessing survival was in DD1? How was it different? 

Survival mode was just like basic game,mode but each wave was a little tougher than the previous.

By being like the normal game mode loot dropped normally as well.  So something that for example would drop ipwr 100, by wave 10 might have 150, wave 20 have ipwr 200, etc...so by time you were 30 waves in you actually felt like you were improving as gear was getting better and better with each wave.

This also was where the endgame gear was locked behind when I played DD1.  Clearing 30 waves and on to start getting good gear, then 45, etc...

Why they didn't keep it, I have no idea. 

Typing this as I am currently sitting through one of these rounds.  I totally agree.  It's been 20 minutes of round 14 hordes.  Seriously, what does this test other than my patience.  If my defenses can take down 50 at a time, then why make me prove that I can take down 300/ PER LANE?  This is tedious... 

@dhairston86 quote:

Typing this as I am currently sitting through one of these rounds.  I totally agree.  It's been 20 minutes of round 14 hordes.  Seriously, what does this test other than my patience.  If my defenses can take down 50 at a time, then why make me prove that I can take down 300/ PER LANE?  This is tedious... 

Wait till you get 3 in a row, 9 waves of 900-1200 enemies that make you question why you're even in onslaughts in the first place.

@the1&onlySavage quote:

bring back survival

I believe if enough people want it, then bring it on. The more game modes, the better. Right? 

I would like to see them venture out and have new game modes, i'm sure there has been a few game modes that players have thought of.