Sign in to follow this  
Almighty

PS3 EU West Insane+ Update!

So me and my brother live in EU West region and we still don't have the insane+ update with sky city and crystalline dimension. 

Even if it's impossible to release this update now, can we get it any other way, maybe by changing the server or something??

Please help ;)

Btw to the people suggesting Sony canceled the update, I contacted them, they told me they didn't. They said I should contact Trendy... so here I am.

You might be able to get the update if you change your server to NA, but I'm not well versed in that so I don't know one way or the other.

Other than that, there is no way to get the Insane+ update to EU, as Trendy will not be updating either the ps3 or x360 versions at this point.

Thanks for the respond anyway!

kinda sucks Trendy won't release the update to us or tell us why, I don't have any programming knowledge but I guess  to "Copy Paste" the update is impossible.

Anyone else who might know if changing the server would work and how to do it? Cause I don't have a clue I'm afraid.

@Almighty quote:

kinda sucks Trendy won't release the update to us or tell us why, I don't have any programming knowledge but I guess  to "Copy Paste" the update is impossible.

Anyone else who might know if changing the server would work and how to do it? Cause I don't have a clue I'm afraid.

Trendy won't do it because they have to pay a lot of money for console updates and it is not financially reasonable. 

@harry4550 quote:

@Almighty quote:

Trendy won't do it because they have to pay a lot of money for console updates and it is not financially reasonable. 

But they already released the update in other regions right? Are those regions cheaper ;)

But yeah I understand they won't release it now, to few players so it's not worth it on their end... still, is there no way for my brother and me to enjoy the good stuff from insane+?

Yes other regions are cheaper. Because the game is developed in North America, and therefore does not have localization costs. If Trendy were to release Insane+ patch for EU, they would have to go back, find the code they gave for NA purchase, then localize displayed text to German, French, Spanish, etc. That is a lot of time, manpower, and money, on top of the fees you have to pay to Sony and Microsoft to push an update to the PS3 / x360.

i didn't know that, although I have always understood that there had to be something stopping Trendy from releasing the update. Wouldn't make much sense to only release updates to random regions.

I contacted Playstation Support to ask them about changing the servers on a PS3 system so I'd be able to download the update from there. I'll post their answer here, maybe it is possible and it can help other people out as well, and if not all hope is lost... 

Turns out it is impossible to change regions / servers on a PS3 system. So we EU guys will never get the insane+ stuff....

That sucks, does this kind of thing happen often in the world of games? It kinda sounds absurd. 

Sadly console DD will most likely never be touched again :( I do know in the past at least here in the US it was possible to create a PSN acct in another region. I downloaded GT5 Prologue back in the day and it was Japan only. I created an acct, used a random address i got off google earth from Tokyo and got GT5P and it played fine on my US PS3. Don't know if ya can try that or not or if NTSC vs PAL is what causes you to not be able to d/l or play it. Good luck with getting insane+.

@H3LLF1RE456 quote:

Sadly console DD will most likely never be touched again :( I do know in the past at least here in the US it was possible to create a PSN acct in another region. I downloaded GT5 Prologue back in the day and it was Japan only. I created an acct, used a random address i got off google earth from Tokyo and got GT5P and it played fine on my US PS3. Don't know if ya can try that or not or if NTSC vs PAL is what causes you to not be able to d/l or play it. Good luck with getting insane+.

I could try that, but I'm not sure if I would have to buy the game again which would mean that I would have to start all over again...

And I already had to start over again months ago because all my data was suddenly lost, don't really wanna farm 7 lvl83 charachters again ;). Although I could use a glitch for that this time, i would still need to farm good gear and new weapons. Not sure if I'll ever again get an undying rod with 198^. 

creating an account like  this isn't illegal right? Don't wanna get bannend, even DD isn't that good ;).

Thanks for the help!!

Can't say for sure whether or not it is totally on the up and up, just that I had done it to get a game I was unable to and I have never had any negative consequence. It would be long and drawn out to farm up everything again no doubt. Good luck with whatever ya decide :)

I created an account in the US region, used a adress in California, bought DD again and...

Insane+ is unlocked!!!!! Sky City and Boss Rush! All the good stuff is there for me and my brother. Thanks a million man! 

There is only one downside, we have to buy everything again... 

@Almighty quote:

I created an account in the US region, used a adress in California, bought DD again and...

Insane+ is unlocked!!!!! Sky City and Boss Rush! All the good stuff is there for me and my brother. Thanks a million man! 

PS3 or Xbox? 

@k9 Animal quote:

@Almighty quote:

PS3 or Xbox? 

PS3, don't know if it works on Xbox but I think it will.

But you must buy everything again and start over again, unless you could copy your data, but on PS3 that is impossible.