Cannot play the game at all

Trendy Please stop adding content, when many loyal fans can't even play the game, why are you doing this, take the game down for a week or do something, but please stop spending time adding content that many players can't even play. Fix the game problems 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and friend both just came back to game and got this issue.  connections timing out when trying to join a game or private tavern.  i live in WA custom built PC, friend in maine on laptop.  after he verified game files he couldnt even get game up.   i was able to get into one map finaly but then i couldnt get out of it back to tavern.  also my game has to be crashed to close -locks up on exiting.  happens at everyplace you have to load a map other than spawning into the game

I'm glad they fixed it for you, but for its the same the game won't launch, it press play it says DD2 Running and then nothing, over two months and no fix go Trendy.

same matchmaking error your request has timed out

Edit: i found my issue i switched back to a dynamic IP from the static i was running to host servers and now the game works fine  no clue why its that way for me though.

Keep getting timed out when trying to get into a tavern (both private and public), doesn't matter which region i pick it still times out.

Edit: Just fully redownloaded the game and still no dice.

Guys Trendy is a pretty small team if you have logged a ticket be sure that many others have too, only so many of them you can do in a day. Really tough ones with very little info may not be high on the priority list.

I urge all still having the issue to do a completely fresh install after this latest patch. Uninstall, delete the directories for Dungeon Defenders 2, do a search for dungeon in windows explorer and ensure all instances of DD2 are gone, reboot.

Once rebooted log into Steam and then download it again, try a fresh location maybe on a different disk if you have the option.

Then see how you get on.

If it is network timeouts, check firewalls, router settings, it will be something in your configuration or network as the game works fine for others so it's not a backend fix.

Trendy what is this. I tried login in with my friend's steam account (On my Computer with my internet, In case you guys push all the blame to my connection and computer) and it works but my account cant login. And you guys aren't even replying to the emails. I bought a Dungeon Defender 2 - Defender's Pack and I can't even login to enjoy. -.-

@Fozzie quote:

Guys Trendy is a pretty small team if you have logged a ticket be sure that many others have too, only so many of them you can do in a day. Really tough ones with very little info may not be high on the priority list.

I urge all still having the issue to do a completely fresh install after this latest patch. Uninstall, delete the directories for Dungeon Defenders 2, do a search for dungeon in windows explorer and ensure all instances of DD2 are gone, reboot.

Once rebooted log into Steam and then download it again, try a fresh location maybe on a different disk if you have the option.

Then see how you get on.

If it is network timeouts, check firewalls, router settings, it will be something in your configuration or network as the game works fine for others so it's not a backend fix.

It is absolutely on their end, was working perfectly fine the last time i tried to play this game but decided to come back after this patch and can't get on at all. Have tried reinstalling the game several times, have tried deleting and making sure every trace of the game was removed before reinstalling, tried restarting pc countless times, have tried screwing around with my network settings and router/modem. Not a single thing has fixed it.  Have zero issues with any other game or program.

Just because it only happens to some people DOES NOT mean it is not an issue on their end, something THEY did with the game and/or servers caused this.

Found a way to "fix" the game crashing on startup... just leave it alone for 40-60 minutes and eventually it starts (what crappy programming).

But now I just get the Request Timeout error whenever trying to do anything. NICE JOB!

I honestly regret having given them $120 for the Co-Op pack.... they've somehow made the game run worse over the last two years. That's an accomplishment itself. Too bad I can't a refund.

@Inquisitive Duck quote:

Found a way to "fix" the game crashing on startup... just leave it alone for 40-60 minutes and eventually it starts (what crappy programming).

But now I just get the Request Timeout error whenever trying to do anything. NICE JOB!

I honestly regret having given them $120 for the Co-Op pack.... they've somehow made the game run worse over the last two years. That's an accomplishment itself. Too bad I can't a refund.

The timeout error is the one i have been getting. Would be nice to at least get on even for a second to use these promo codes before they expire.

@Finaldeath quote:

The timeout error is the one i have been getting. Would be nice to at least get on even for a second to use these promo codes before they expire.

That's exactly my situation. Just trying to use these various codes. I can't even get anyone on an official capacity to respond. Forums, Steam Discussions, support ticket, social media....

It's as if they don't care because they already have my money. Really wish there was some legal route to take against companies that don't fix broken games.

@Inquisitive Duck quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

That's exactly my situation. Just trying to use these various codes. I can't even get anyone on an official capacity to respond. Forums, Steam Discussions, support ticket, social media....

It's as if they don't care because they already have my money. Really wish there was some legal route to take against companies that don't fix broken games.

Ya, i took a break from the game shortly after the Halloween update and decided to come back cause of the new class and the promo codes. Just can't get on and have tried absolutely everything and nothing fixes the time out error i get when trying to enter a tavern.

when will they fix this stupid time out error. Its been 2 weeks and trendy does not even reply to emails for 1 week or so. Is this how they treat their community.

In your udkgame\config\udkengine.ini try changing the timeouts, make a copy first

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]

AllowDownloads=False

ConnectionTimeout=160.0

InitialConnectTimeout=100.0

Also upload your launch log to the Net and link it here I'll compare it to mine to see if I can see anything different.

There are debugging options to switch on in the FAQ which will help show up where the issue is occurring.

@Fozzie quote:

In your udkgame\config\udkengine.ini try changing the timeouts, make a copy first

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]

AllowDownloads=False

ConnectionTimeout=160.0

InitialConnectTimeout=100.0

Also upload your launch log to the Net and link it here I'll compare it to mine to see if I can see anything different.

There are debugging options to switch on in the FAQ which will help show up where the issue is occurring.

Can't create a log, game refuses to make one even when following the faq on how to make one word for word. Also changing timeouts doesn't do a thing.

Also, what is the normal wait times for support. They replied to my ticket asking for a dxdiag file and they haven't said a word since then, has been almost a week now. Been having this issue for nearly 2 weeks total now and possibly longer but that is when i came back to the game from a several month break.