Hero deck thoughts!

I hate it yes just like more then half the player base but what if we keep the hero deck only to balance in game challenge so basically we could use all our hero's still but only hero's in hero deck will be allowed to use gear bonus passive in ex. Hearty frosty power idle flow trip wire those passives this way game is not too easy and overpowered with those passives but at the same time we ha e no limit to using every hero we have this way hero deck has a good purpose and not a boring one it will simplify so many problems with everyone if you say remove is pay to win then dd1 was pay to win and was still loved by everyone here so like they say why fix something that never was broken as in hero limitation when building.

My thoughts are the Hero Deck is on it's way to killing off the game and It's only going to get worse when we have more classes.

The Hero Deck was never created so that random people can team up. Just ask yourself how many random people do you want to team up with on end game Insane+?

The answer is slim to none. So don't buy that BS line.

The real reason the HD exists is for revenue. 4 hero slots, 4 HD slots, but wait my friend has that class/build covered, oh well best buy me another hero slot so I can create a character he doesn't have for our deck.

Trendy has already lied about funding this game with purely cosmetics, because last I checked cosmetics aren't Hero Slots. Game is already pay for power as it is now. End game players have bought more than 4 slots in order to diversify their builds and co-ordinate with friends.

Looks like Trendy are going to learn the hard way if they don't fix this mess.

We all know the Hero Deck has to go. It simply makes the game less fun. 1 player uses their characters to build and the other 3 people wait with their DPS huntresses. The 1-builder-3-DPS redundancy will not go away as they add new Heroes. In my opinion, they should get rid of the Hero Deck, but only allow players to bring 1 character to each level.

Dont get me wrong I want it gone also but they said it wont so this is a solution to it. 

@Itriyya quote:

We all know the Hero Deck has to go. It simply makes the game less fun. 1 player uses their characters to build and the other 3 people wait with their DPS huntresses. The 1-builder-3-DPS redundancy will not go away as they add new Heroes. In my opinion, they should get rid of the Hero Deck, but only allow players to bring 1 character to each level.

This is worse then the hero deck why would we go lower then 4 lol 

@werox3 quote:

Dont get me wrong I want it gone also but they said it wont so this is a solution to it. 

@Itriyya quote:

This is worse then the hero deck why would we go lower then 4 lol 

Obviously other changes would have to be made. For example, they could make Weapons, Gloves, and Boots affect Hero stats while Armor, Helms, and Accessories affect Defense stats and use sphere to specialize characters. This would mean, for example, you can only have walls if someone fights with a squire during the waves. I think getting rid of the Hero Deck only fixes a symptom of a larger problem.

HD destroys build diversity.

Best example are NM resistances, they force you to use huntress traps, because you would need 5 heroes, if you would like to use for example sequire towers and another magical tower hero.

You need:

DPS

Waller

Support

Phys Tower

Magic Tower

You commonly see:

DPS

Waller

Support

Huntress (Phys/Magic)

Also the very bad Matchmakingsystem in this game dont help much there, you have to search for a hour for another players, and if you have found another player, they leave because you have failed in the first round.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

My thoughts are the Hero Deck is on it's way to killing off the game and It's only going to get worse when we have more classes.

The Hero Deck was never created so that random people can team up. Just ask yourself how many random people do you want to team up with on end game Insane+?

The real reason the HD exists is for revenue. 4 hero slots, 4 HD slots, but wait my friend has that class/build covered, oh well best buy me another hero slot so I can create a character he doesn't have for our deck.

Trendy has already lied about funding this game with purely cosmetics, because last I checked cosmetics aren't Hero Slots. Game is already pay for power as it is now. End game players have bought more than 4 slots in order to diversify their builds and co-ordinate with friends.

This point is easier to understand when going through the thought process that must have occurred at the inception of dd2 - it probably went something like:

Players in DD1 made dozens of characters

I can monetize that

But people will be upset that it provides advantages

I'll limit the amount of heroes you can use to 3

Then I'll campaign on not selling advantages 

huehuehuehue

And that's how the hero deck was born and why it's being defended - imo, anyway

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Make it so hero slots are available to purchase in game via Gold or Wyvern tokens and then the pay to win argument goes out the window regardless of the hero deck. 

Trendy has not lied about funding this game with purely cosmetics because they've never said it would be purely cosmetics, they said they would never have pay for power. Which right now is still currently true. Just because you have created 2 of every hero does not mean that it's mandatory. You can have DPS gear and Defense gear and switch between them depending on who you are playing with. That means 4 characters with as many different gear sets as you want setup in whatever context you need for your specific group composition. 

The Hero decks causes limitations, it itself does not promote P2W in any sense. 

Trendy however do have things that are pay for convenience or cosmetic but none of the following provide direct power over players that don't purchase them.

• Inventory bags 
  • Maximum inventory slots (Sold incorrectly imo)
  • Premium pets
  • Full costumes
  • Accessories
  • Hero Slots (Fine right now, point of contention when new heroes arrive)

@Pachipachio quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

This point is easier to understand when going through the thought process that must have occurred at the inception of dd2 - it probably went something like:

Players in DD1 made dozens of characters

I can monetize that

But people will be upset that it provides advantages

I'll limit the amount of heroes you can use to 3

Then I'll campaign on not selling advantages 

huehuehuehue

And that's how the hero deck was born and why it's being defended - imo, anyway

Agreed. Since they are not getting rid of the hero deck the changes they make better be the most epic changes ever. I don't think that matters anymore honestly. There are more problems even without the hero deck. This game plays and feels more like orcs must die than DD1 and that isn't a good thing.

IDGAF what happens to the hero deck there is way bigger issues. it's not even a bad thing, only time it effects anyone is in SOLO play.

Baloon td

Plant vs zombie

Toy defense

Defenders

Almost all tower defense out there have some sort of tower deck. Its a chalange for player to think and play. Its not just hack and slash. 

If theres no deck what will happen? Will map drop better loot? Will they archive balance in all tower? Will they use other tower and not just mines?  I doubt people will use other build because du too limited and combination between mines and freeze are too good for now.

I reather dev go fix the major problem 1st. The drop, the the map design that not force build near core, the rng, the special drop, monster, tower balance.