Community's opinion on the Hero Deck tracking

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove the hero deck or make some serious changes on how it works, including of course the low number limit.

I hate the Hero Deck. It limits your build options and brings nothing good with it. Let us choose whatever hero we want to when playing!

personally im for "remove the hero deck"

simply because the HD limits variety, punishes solo player, and not to mention that there will be issues with new heroes later, when we are restricted to just 4 of them.

@PandynatorDD quote:

I want it removed/changed, but I also don't want to join games and have to wait 10 minutes for the 1 guy to build it all by himself. 

Or that guy will start the game on private, build all, then switch to public (of course if matchmaking improves and resembles something like what we had in DD1. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

I want it removed/changed, but I also don't want to join games and have to wait 10 minutes for the 1 guy to build it all by himself. 

Btw was that only irony? Or should I count you in the removal?

@MushroomCake28 quote:
Or that guy will start the game on private, build all, then switch to public (of course if matchmaking improves and resembles something like what we had in DD1. 

Exactly what I used to do playing DD1. Nice and easy taking all the time necessary for a decent build. No kids jumping all over the map, on the way where you want to place towers, no early G pressed while you are building. Damn good old times. All done, open to public.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

How does that fix 1 guy building all ? So no, I probably don't want it completely removed. 

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

How does that fix 1 guy building all ? So no, I probably don't want it completely removed. 

I don't see what's the problem.

it's not a problem, it's a design decision Trendy has to make.

Whether they stick to being a coop game, or a game where one player builds it all.

As I said, personally I do not want DD2 to turn into what DD1 was in terms of joining public games.

In my experience I have gotten to know and play with a lot of people BECAUSE of the HERO DECK. 

So I would rather keep it than making DD2 another "MMO" where I dont have to interact with anyone. 

When it comes to balance though, I feel it should not be based around the hero deck as it currently is,

And I do feel like the hero deck limits the fun we have.

How do they fix it while catering to my desires?

Thats up to tTrendy to find out, all I know is that I want more fun in this game. And the Hero Deck is one of the factors that causes alot of player to not have fun.

@PandynatorDD quote:

it's not a problem, it's a design decision Trendy has to make.

Whether they stick to being a coop game, or a game where one player builds it all.

As I said, personally I do not want DD2 to turn into what DD1 was in terms of joining public games.

In my experience I have gotten to know and play with a lot of people BECAUSE of the HERO DECK. 

So I would rather keep it than making DD2 another "MMO" where I dont have to interact with anyone. 

When it comes to balance though, I feel it should not be based around the hero deck as it currently is,

And I do feel like the hero deck limits the fun we have.

How do they fix it while catering to my desires?

Thats up to tTrendy to find out, all I know is that I want more fun in this game. And the Hero Deck is one of the factors that causes alot of player to not have fun.

Then at least they should remove it for solo play.

I vote against the hero deck, but you dont seems to understand, in trendy's mindset we are the majority of the vocal minority which is still the minority.

If Trendy removed the hero deck for solo play this would help a lot of people have more fun.

More fun equals more game longevity.

If Trendy raised the hero deck to 5 slots for all public games and had a game browser this would improve things for everyone.

More fun equals more game longevity.

If Trendy introduced hardcore one life per wave and a 5% increase to IPWR drops

If Trendy introduced Ultra Hardcore one life per game 5% increase in IPWR and guaranteed Legendary chest with improved drop rate for rare class specific legendaries

I'm going to go over the Hero Deck issues again.

- Kills original builds

- forced meta

- persuades you to play with randoms who 9/10 times have come to leech

- pay for power, if you want unique build characters you best be ready to pay real money for hero slots to co-ordinate with others

- kills any incentive to buy more than a couple of skins for each class

- will only get worse once new characters are out

- brings out white knights that like to kiss Trendy's ass, as in their eyes the game can do no wrong even though the majority keep saying to get rid of it

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

snip

- Kills original builds -
only in solo play.

- forced meta -
 will still feel like forced meta till balance comes along.

- persuades you to play with randoms who 9/10 times have come to leech -
somewhat true if your not geared or knowledgeable about soloing or your to lazy to actually play.

- pay for power, if you want unique build characters you best be ready to pay real money for hero slots to co-ordinate with others -
this has nothing to do with hero deck this is more of a balance issue, wouldnt you be spending more money to have all the characters you need when hero decks gone?

- kills any incentive to buy more than a couple of skins for each class -
 this also has nothing to do with hero deck but personal opinion. a name is more than enough to distinguish characters.

- will only get worse once new characters are out -
 maybe having to switch through 20 chars would be worse. Maybe map balancing would be worse. who knows.

- brings out white knights that like to kiss Trendy's ass, as in their eyes the game can do no wrong even though the majority keep saying to get rid of it - 
I don't beleive it needs to be totally removed and should probably let them rework it before we see it go.

Keep Deck, But Up The Limit. I have a personal build I love, but it needs a waller to work properly in group modes. I worked my ass off on that build and I'm NOT changing the chars for guys wanting specific things. I have a DPS, lol, that's all you get. UP THE LIMIT!

@In.Session quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

snip

- Kills original builds -
only in solo play.

- forced meta -
 will still feel like forced meta till balance comes along.

- persuades you to play with randoms who 9/10 times have come to leech -
somewhat true if your not geared or knowledgeable about soloing or your to lazy to actually play.

- pay for power, if you want unique build characters you best be ready to pay real money for hero slots to co-ordinate with others -
this has nothing to do with hero deck this is more of a balance issue, wouldnt you be spending more money to have all the characters you need when hero decks gone?

- kills any incentive to buy more than a couple of skins for each class -
 this also has nothing to do with hero deck but personal opinion. a name is more than enough to distinguish characters.

- will only get worse once new characters are out -
 maybe having to switch through 20 chars would be worse. Maybe map balancing would be worse. who knows.

- brings out white knights that like to kiss Trendy's ass, as in their eyes the game can do no wrong even though the majority keep saying to get rid of it - 
I don't beleive it needs to be totally removed and should probably let them rework it before we see it go.

Oh god I need to quote this? so be it.

Meta wasn't forced in DD1 because you could use who ever you wanted, what that did was promote experimentation with different towers. Otherwise fireball stun, ballista pierce combo wouldn't be a thing, even stunning wyvern's with EVE's stun beam was viable.

Pay for power has everything to do with the Hero deck. Again you only have 4 characters you can bring. Most have the base 4 set in their roles already. If you want to co-ordinate with each other then you best get your wallet out. I have played with many end game players from randoms and people from here and all of them have more than 4 hero slots.

Hero slots and the Hero deck both need to go at best the game should let you buy hero slots with ingame currency.

You really underestimate skins. People like to individualize their characters by giving each build it's own unique look and in some cases it was for the best. The alternate gender characters had their advantages as well. Especially the female versions when building. I use to fly in a map when buidling with my Adept equipped with a diamond pet.

You don't believe it should totally removed and I think that they should. We will never agree on this. All I know is I had alot more fun when DU was my limitation to build, not how many characters I'm allowed to use. 

Hero deck should be a game mode, not enforced on normal play.

You can only bring X characters but you get 2 chests at end or whatever.

*Edit: and even then it should be balanced between solo and 4 player coop, not the same slots for both.

@Sogron quote:

Hero deck should be a game mode, not enforced on normal play.

You can only bring X characters but you get 2 chests at end or whatever.

*Edit: and even then it should be balanced between solo and 4 player coop, not the same slots for both.

This would be a lot of trouble implementing in the game. I kinda like the idea, but highly doubt it will ever happen.