Community's opinion on the Hero Deck tracking

Since you changed the 3rd option, I feel I'd be more appropriate in there. I don't want to increase the limit after all, just want the system to be improved/refined.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the only strategy left in this game is hero deck. We need to think what to bring to defense the map. for now its kinda not working because the unbalance tower. Thus we need 4 tower builder to play nm4 making it harder for solo player. To me the better solution for now is to increase the deck to 5. 4 for tower and 1 dps. 

Removing it completely will make the game p2w totaly. 

I'd like to see it removed. once we have 30+ heroes we will need the extra slots in order to make the game interesting, otherwise there will be no inventive builds or strategy in the game.

Remove hero deck limit. It doesn't make sense having a limit. I build with all 4 of my characters and have to use split screen with another account use to build with more heros.  It's very inconvenient working our way around the limit.  

[[80133,users]] I get what you've tried to do by combining the results from the previous thread but imo it's a bad idea. You've taken two sets of data with similar but not the same questions and mixed them together.

For example - "I LOVE THE HERO DECK DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE IT" is not the same as any response in your thread.

"THE HERO DECK IS DRIVING ME NUTS PLEASE CHANGE IT OR GET RID OF IT" is not the same as "I want hero deck removed"

It'd be better if you linked and referenced the other thread and leave your thread as is then afterwards compare the results.

Yes it's pedantic but if we are trying to get attention from Trendy then we should at least collect the data correctly. 

@Xiron quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

You are killing off strategy

On the contrary it adds more. Less heroes = less options of towers to place = being wiser in tower placements.

I really don't care for the fact it is a limit of four right now, but I'm also open to expansion depending on how many heroes total there will be.

Not true, there will always be the same number of towers that are allotted by the DU on the map. If you have 1 hero or 10 heroes you will be able to build the same number of towers. Number of towers or type of towers do not impact using strategy of placement, which as of now is clump the crystal.

@Argick quote:

MushroomCake28 I get what you've tried to do by combining the results from the previous thread but imo it's a bad idea. You've taken two sets of data with similar but not the same questions and mixed them together.

For example - "I LOVE THE HERO DECK DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE IT" is not the same as any response in your thread.

"THE HERO DECK IS DRIVING ME NUTS PLEASE CHANGE IT OR GET RID OF IT" is not the same as "I want hero deck removed"

It'd be better if you linked and referenced the other thread and leave your thread as is then afterwards compare the results.

Yes it's pedantic but if we are trying to get attention from Trendy then we should at least collect the data correctly. 

Updated, I've put who's from the previous thread and put the other thread's question. However, I still counted those you were in the "THE HERO DECK IS DRIVING ME NUTS..." section inside the removal section. Same for the "I love the HD, but wouldn't mind some changes."

I made another section for the "DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE IT.'

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Updated, I've put who's from the previous thread and put the other thread's question. However, I still counted those you were in the "THE HERO DECK IS DRIVING ME NUTS..." section inside the removal section. Same for the "I love the HD, but wouldn't mind some changes."

I made another section for the "DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE IT.'

Not perfect as it's still mixing data but it's a compromise that I'll take. Thanks for updating the thread.

Ah, I do hate the hero deck because it limits what I can do to help others (one more slot would be nice)...

Sweetwarlock... it's a great point.

@Sweetwarlock quote:

IMO, increasing the hero deck to 5, or 6, or even 8 is just postponing the same issue. Back in the day, the hero deck was 3, and everyone said "If only it were 4, I could bring all the classes!" And now it's 4, and some people say "If only it were 5, I could have a builder of each class and a dps!" Maybe it goes to 6, and the Abyss Lord drops, and new heroes drop, and the problem just grows. The hero deck is a frustrating limitation, NOT a fun source of strategy.

I personally can't see how the hero deck could be kept in the game, in any iteration, without causing the same issues over and over... at least not in general gameplay. Why not have a "strategy" mode where a player can choose the number of heroes they bring, and they get bonuses for fewer? Beat a map with 4 heroes, and there are two end chests. Beat it with 2 heroes, and the chests are guaranteed legendary. I dunno, something like that would be an enjoyable incentive. The players who want strategy can choose strategy, and the players who want variety can play normal maps the way they enjoy and not be stuck in a needlessly limited and stale meta.

Or, just remove it. Whatever works, really.

I like it because when group it allows other to maybe contribute something besides just a DPS.  But matchmaking is not the best atm.  Decisions... 

Count me towards removing it.

Depends. When they add the Abyss Lord, and don't raise it to 5, then it absolutely needs to go. 

Removing the hero deck now means its pay to win. If I can make a Waller squire, cannon squire, ballista squire, flamethrower apprentice, frosty apprentice, etc... Then the content becomes that much simpler. In turn they'll have to raise the difficulty for the extreme hardcore crowd who want to level/gear X number of EVERY hero for that advantage it would bring. 

Reduce it back to 3 but give us serverlist (or "active session list", whatver you want to call it). All problems solved.

*** Updated the list. Those who are for more unique ideas, for example having only one hero and more customization with towers, will not be counted. If a lot a of people begin to appear and defend some other positions then I'll add it (example: 3 heros limitations). 

I really like builds "out of the ordinary". That's one of the reasons I fell in love with DD1. Believe me if you want, but I used to play DD1 solo matches using several heroes (I have 12+, most of them lv. 100) and spending stupid amount of time 30 to 60 min just calibrating my build.

Well, guess what... can't play silly on DD2, and that's a shame. Plz remove deck limitations.

Edit, PS: These crazy builds were mostly Survival Mode, just to clarify.

@topler quote:

Hmm I want the hero deck to stay & to go down to one character, that's right just one. I know it won't happen but it'd be interesting if you could only bring one character to a match, though it'd be impractical atm.  

I agree closest to this opinion. I think that the mechanics involved in character choice actually  pigeon-hole players into repetitively using certain play styles (e.g. Build walls with a squire, fight as DPS Huntress). If players could only choose to play as 1 hero that both builds defrnses and fights, then maps would be won with wackier builds. Alternatively, the hero deck could be removed, but defenses placed by inactive heroes would be significantly hindered.