Need nm5 difficulty

Its time to increase the difficulty.

We need a nm5 with not nm6 difficulty. i think its not really hard to put new difficulty mode with for exemple : 

nm5 ipwr 1200 drop ipwr 800

nm6 ipwr 1500 drop ipwr 1000

me and i my mate love this game but we will stop play becose we need more end game challenge (we already got everything for every character) and its sad !

What do you think about this boys and girls ?

PS : if trendy can drop a little tips on future difficulty challenge its will be nice :D

Difficulty is linear right now. I think it should be diverse. I vote more map modes over more difficulty levels.

No no no there's too many difficulties already.

Sometimes, I mean way too often, it takes ages to find a group.

There is too many maps in same ipwr range per nm.

There should be only 2 nightmare modes with a wider ipwr range like the 1st 3maps, gates to siphon D, then other 4, sewers to little-horn and again the next 4.

After that you got a mix of the 1st easy half incursions, followed by half of onslaught maps (fix those TE), coming back to the harder incursions and then finish with the top onslaught maps.

After you manage to do the top incursions and onslaught maps you have the ipwr gear to go to nm2.

All of the above for nm1 should start at 220 like gates nm1 to end around 475 (bazzar nm3).

Nm2 should start harsher with a big gap at 520 (mostly all nm3 end maps) all the way to around 1100.

Much later on if they want to introduce a nm3 it could start at 1200 and end around 2200 ipwr.

Doing it like that would give a reason to do more different maps per nightmare modes instead of just the same 3 or 4.  People would be less scattered, so easier to get a group.

If they introduce a nm5 and 6 as it is right now, all we will be doing...AGAIN, will be the same 3-4 maps again and again and again.......

Nope i am not a fan of the linear increase of how the nm scales.

If you want a challenge do the harder maps, or try to set yourself some goals. NM4 carneval is a nice one and if you manage to deal with flame mage waves then you are good sir =).

new gear will probably appear when the level cap is increased.

I think a nm4 needs a change in the way gear is dropped to get people to play more maps as oppose to a larger range of ipwr.

People only really play on the last maps and inc because they are the only ones that drop gear significantly better than the (much easier) nm3 difficulty. If all maps were given a change to drop ipwr 700 gear then that could improve things.

If this were the case then the minimum ipwr would still go up on harder maps and the chance of getting ipwr 690-700 loot would increase a lot.

In this case the hardest part of nm4 could be made slightly harder and give a great chance at high ipwr loot as a result, but people could still gear up for it (slowly) on the other nm4 maps :)

NM difficulty are only only added resis, making some builds obsolete.

NM5 could be this:

Lane A: 100% resis

Lane B: 100% resis to defenses

Lane C: 100% resis to heroes

Actually NM just force you to use huntress all the way, nothing else.

You cant beat any NM mission only with squire for example, that means you have to use huntress.

I think resis in this game are a fail design.

I don't like the idea of nm5/nm6, it's to much. You would have 10 different difficulties for every map. A cool system might be something like tiers with easy, normal, hard, insane and nightmare and then lvl 1-50/50-60/60-70... something like that

I am totally against yet another bland difficulty. 

Get rid of NM1-4 and just have "nightmare." 

End game progression should be tied to a better developed onslaught, and incursion. We definitely don't need more health and damage to appeal to the very small portion of players that enjoy it how it is because the current formula is not working for the game.

@nineO_O

We have 360k wall // elem trap 3.260 dps // frost 4250DP, 98ff, 50fp, 38%ss // monk with 4250Dp 2200range karma + 81% idle slow and we play with 4 dps with dragolich  (squire-huntress-app all 720-740ipwr with cleanser 4/s armagedon 4/s etc ...) i can tell you its way enoght to win all map.

for onslaught,  this game mode is useless, long, boring, no drop, u need to play Xbillion hours for ipwr 700 drop

we even win inc nm4 liferoot and dragon without wall

the question is : what can we do now ?

Either get rid of the NM 1-4 or make it like D3 where if  you go up in nightmare it increases drop rates and enemy health but the gear is the same.

@Misheal.be quote:

@nineO_O

We have 360k wall // elem trap 3.260 dps // frost 4250DP, 98ff, 50fp, 38%ss // monk with 4250Dp 2200range karma + 81% idle slow and we play with 4 dps with dragolich  (squire-huntress-app all 720-740ipwr with cleanser 4/s armagedon 4/s etc ...) i can tell you its way enoght to win all map.

for onslaught,  this game mode is useless, long, boring, no drop, u need to play Xbillion hours for ipwr 700 drop

we even win inc nm4 liferoot and dragon without wall

the question is : what can we do now ?

really? screenshot me ur lady orc slayer, kobold exploder, shield dragon shield and skeleton app staff that you got from the onslaught that is over 650ipower

as i said just before we dt play onslaught, this game mode is useless, no drop, we have the 4 weapon ipwr 600 they are all useless, no point to farm this s****

We need the PS4 onslaught mode with no limit in ipwr drop :D

We want to get Nightmare difficulty in a better place before thinking about expanding it. We want to provide more challenging experiences rather than just a simple stat increase in this mode, but we're still discussing the final details. 

@iamisom quote:

We want to get Nightmare difficulty in a better place before thinking about expanding it. We want to provide more challenging experiences rather than just a simple stat increase in this mode, but we're still discussing the final details. 

That's certainly very good news. I'll be interested in hearing more info when it's available.

Hard Core mode so one life per wave

Ultra Hard Core one life per map

Mixed mode so the game is not predictable, where no mob info is posted on the boards you just have to deal with what comes. random spawns for mini-bosses, two mini-bosses possible in one lane.

Spiders we need spiders, we need djinn and sharken. Ogre snot needs to damage as well as slow, it could also cover traps and auras for the snot duration. bring fire mages to normal NM, they are the best addition from the carnival map.

I agree with fozzie, this game need new enemies bad.

Even though i hated sharkens in dd1 now i miss them. And the assasins that would kill you in seconds if you afk. 

There is a need of action in the combat phase so you cant just startfire a lane and then go afk

@Fozzie quote:

Hard Core mode so one life per wave

Ultra Hard Core one life per map

Mixed mode so the game is not predictable, where no mob info is posted on the boards you just have to deal with what comes. random spawns for mini-bosses, two mini-bosses possible in one lane.

Spiders we need spiders, we need djinn and sharken. Ogre snot needs to damage as well as slow, it could also cover traps and auras for the snot duration. bring fire mages to normal NM, they are the best addition from the carnival map.

Nailed it Insane + needs more enemy variety and settings to bring in worthy of the name Nightmare. Release the Dark Assassin already. A character which prioritizes hero's over towers would be a welcomed change and would keep people on their toes.

I never played the Carnival map, what be these fire mages?

Standard book with AoE fire dmg aorund them and a fireball range attack that chains.
Currently they are also imbalanced with inflated HP, dmg, and chain distance numbers; some see it as a challenge rather than a bug.

@Sogron quote:

Standard book with AoE fire dmg aorund them and a fireball range attack that chains.
Currently they are also imbalanced with inflated HP, dmg, and chain distance numbers; some see it as a challenge rather than a bug.

They sound quite delicous indeed. What you just described is what Insane + enemies are lacking. They should be OP in what they can do as it's supposed to be a Nightmare for you to get through.

You are right though DD2 is targeted towards more causal players, so I can see these guys getting nerfed.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

What you just described is what Insane + enemies are lacking. They should be OP in what they can do as it's supposed to be a Nightmare for you to get through.

I understand the need for challenge and I DO support it, but these have near-boss HP, can spawn 12 at the same time, and their attack chains 3-4 cannonball towers far and kills your core chaining from your wall with a couple of hits.

It must be awesome for 4 decked out players challenge-wise. It`s not so awesome with randoms or in solo :)

@Sogron quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

What you just described is what Insane + enemies are lacking. They should be OP in what they can do as it's supposed to be a Nightmare for you to get through.

I understand the need for challenge and I DO support it, but these have near-boss HP, can spawn 12 at the same time, and their attack chains 3-4 cannonball towers far and kills your core chaining from your wall with a couple of hits.

It must be awesome for 4 decked out players challenge-wise. It`s not so awesome with randoms or in solo :)

They sound like proper NM mages to me then. I remember being one shotted by those ***s in DD1 at times. As for the spawning multiple at a time, wizardy anyone?

I agree in 2 things bring them to Insane + and yeah soloing them would suck. :p

We saw Eve concept art, maybe introduce her the same time you introduce them to Insane +. Her reflect walls would be a perfect counter and her normal walls will definitely help with the enemies leaking through.