Name ONE thing...

@Aheadatime quote:

@Zuqual quote:

A talent tree.  Scrap the spheres.  Take the builds off the gear.  Give us a tree that we use to craft our character. 

@Dreizehn quote:

To be honest I was really surprise they did not implement an rpg like skill tree after they got rid of these talents we could invest points into.

You mean like this?

Yes. In my opinion things like the tree you have written about are something so basic there shouldn't even be the need so suggest it. Fundamental hits it. Your examples are awesome and exactly what some people at Trendy should have done.

Same with the costumes. When cosmetics were introduced I was totally suprised why there are only full sets and no mixing between them. This was so naturally I wouldn't have expected they would isolate each hero's cosmetic sets. From the positive side: I won't have to invest money now.

Whoever decided this stuff has no idea about how to interact with a playerbase and may be from another world. When I asked in a dev stream about this (long time ago) blacksmith answered: 'I think the artist wouldn't want to do that.' And I think: 'Well... if that's more important than players investing money... just go ahead.'

• I really like this thread and most of the posts in here are about stuff that should have been in the game for a long time.
  • I am also pretty sure the community managers will read through it and pass the information along to the people in charge.
  • I only fear those people in charge never cared. This might sound unfair because we have no idea who it is and what the intentions are, but: Does anybody have another explanation why fundamental stuff is being ignored although the testers (I mean people who play free alpha as well as people who paid to join closed alpha) pointed out the flaws more than a whole year ago; while the monetization works pretty well.
  • By now I feel like playing an EA game.... and I'm not talking about Early Access here.

I'm with Rhino ... I want more than just a couple map specific weapons. I want MANY map specific weapons or pets. I would also add that weapon damage output should scale with weapon stats ... NOT hero stats, and that the range of possible weapon DPS should be dramatically widened. If I am going to farm and grind, I want the ultimate goal to be something that makes all the time and effort worth it. I want to be able to fist pump and do a happy dance. Right now those things are completely foreign to DD2. I want to be able to show off a bada** weapon and not know ahead of time that the response from many people will be ... oh yeah, I got one just like it.

@Professor_Valconian quote:

I would also add that weapon damage output should scale with weapon stats ... NOT hero stats

Then Hero Damage would have no use?

It should scale with Hero Damage. Damage = Hero Damage / Constant 

The constant vary from weapons, and also varies from the attack rate (so a 2/s does the same dps as a 4/s). This is how it currently works, and it's fine in my opinion.

@Lumirend quote:

I'd make serenity aura heal towers instead of heroes, just so I dont need to manually repair them all. I have enough ways to heal myself already.

Way too broken. It will also make repairing useless. The game would be too easy.

@Vespulax quote:

Remove lane resistances. I really like harbinger and carnival because i can build what i want, not what is needed.

Actually lane resistances are great in my opinion. It makes so you can't just spam your strongest defense. It adds variety since you need 2 different strategy. Although explosive that can do elemental dmg with the uber completely destroys the good concept.

Myself i want  The Ability to Trade and Sell items Back I get they likely removed it in fear of the Hackers in dd1 But Even with that issue I Absolutely LOVED  trading and item shopping and The entire social Aspect it created for me which also goes In order for that to work.. A Real System like DD1 had for games.

Didnt in early dd2 they already make some sort of skill tree but comunity didnt like it. That time hero stat themself and we need to choose what tower we want to focus first.

@cipanjb quote:

Didnt in early dd2 they already make some sort of skill tree but comunity didnt like it. That time hero stat themself and we need to choose what tower we want to focus first.

No, it was a like a SAS but with skill sphere passives instead of stats. It did not work so well.

I'll point out my first choice would be the removal of the hero deck.

~ Proper matchmaking 

~ View another player's gear/ hero deck 

~ Remove resistance lanes

@cipanjb quote:

Increase hero level and rebalance them.

I keep confuse weather he a good enuff player to run a certain map or a new player. all people lvl 50. why not make like dd1 where the new playe lvl 1-20 normal 20-30 hard 30-40 insane 40-50 nm1 50-60 nm2 60-70 nm3 70-80 nm4 80-90. its easier to tell how capable them to run the same map im running. 

Totally agree with this. A lvl 50 doesn't mean anything in end-game.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Lumirend quote:

I'd make serenity aura heal towers instead of heroes, just so I dont need to manually repair them all. I have enough ways to heal myself already.

Way too broken. It will also make repairing useless. The game would be too easy.

I dont think the aura heals enough for it to be broken. Those NM4 waves can make such short work of walls its almost funny. Besides, of course you wouldnt slap a "can heal towers" tag on it an call it a day. It'd need modifications, a-la an elite sphere? I dunno, -75% range, consumes builders mana, can only build one. Its either that or bring back the old repairing pets.

Remove NM3 and NM4. Keep same iPWR progress. Make endgame ridculously hard. Stop listening to solo'ers, or just make an offline version for them.

I don't mind the hero deck, It pushes people to do multi instead of only solo.

I would like a map builder so the community would be able to create maps, which would mean new content every few days. You would have the ability to vote on your favourite community map and even donate a few gold pieces to the creator of the map. 

Top map could get a special boss with special boss loot, but this should than be implemented by Trendy. 

Only one thing to see in game? 

I would have to go with unique rewards per map and per mode (Inc, Endgame, Onslaught) that scale with the difficulty. 

This would hopefully allow new players to come in and get a taste of whats to come while having the appropriate endgame content for the players who are at that stage.