Leveling my 12th Hero..

12. Heroes.

Paying for the slots is a little annoying, but I am okay with it. My problem is after leveling so many heroes I have to repeat this tedious process of playing free play hard to level new ones. So my problem is that this takes entirely too long, obviously.

Why is there a cap on the extra exp % you get for heroes that you have?? I feel like I would be done with this already if I had 300% exp from heroes. 

And the spheres should be multiplicative, not additive. 

Anyways. please introduce a way to level faster if we have the gear for it.

Harbringer says hello. 2-4 hours and you'r done.(Probably closer to 3 than 4)

And yes, I have leveled 12 myself. 8 on this account. Which wasn't all that bad. And 4 on my solo account, which was some tedious hours of killing harbringer on easy.

With matchmaking being the way it is, I would prefer not having guys from playing hard/insane come and join NM4 to level their heroes.

It's tedious, but it doesn't take too long IMO.

But hey, I might change my mind when we have "tons of heroes". 

That just sounds entirely too cringeworthy. 

I genuinely have to ask what is so appealing about the game in its current form, to want to level 12 times? Not ridiculing you or anything or anyone that is into it, but i can see being an altoholic on an MMO, hell I have countless characters on those sort of games, but what on earth keeps you all into this? There really isn't that much variety, and there's no real strategy required in the current game... just why?

@Tristaris quote:

That just sounds entirely too cringeworthy. 

I genuinely have to ask what is so appealing about the game in its current form, to want to level 12 times? Not ridiculing you or anything or anyone that is into it, but i can see being an altoholic on an MMO, hell I have countless characters on those sort of games, but what on earth keeps you all into this? There really isn't that much variety, and there's no real strategy required in the current game... just why?

It's about convenience. 1 Char one build. 

As every hero build is  a one trick pony. You save inventory space and the hassle of changing gear. 

I find two per hero enough. Although I play less Squire because of it. I got a waller and a cannon Squire. 

So I play less DPS Squire because its not all that fun, and the barrier to changing out gear, stats and doing that while keeping you'r inventory in check.

Just not worth the effort to me. 

I wouldn't compare DD2 number of characters to any MMO that I know of. It's super easy to level up and increases you'r already limited and chaotic inventory space. 

I suppose that makes sense. I just don't see how even convenience would entice me to want to play at the moment sadly heh. 

To each their own, though!

@Tristaris quote:

I suppose that makes sense. I just don't see how even convenience would entice me to want to play at the moment sadly heh. 

Well you had fun in the past? Maybe OP hasn't played as much as you have.

Players get burned out of games every second. Doesn't mean someone having fun with something you now find boring, is less valuable than when you had fun doing the exact same thing. 

Be it deciding to level heroes or farm for better gear.

I'm sure we both could of had "tons of heroes" leveled up, if we decided to spend time on that instead of farming for gear.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Tristaris quote:

Well you had fun in the past? Maybe OP hasn't played as much as you have.

Players get burned out of games every second. Doesn't mean someone having fun with something you now find boring, is less valuable than when you had fun doing the exact same thing. 

Be it deciding to level heroes or farm for better gear.

I'm sure we both could of had "tons of heroes" leveled up, if we decided to spend time on that instead of farming for gear.

Yeah that's pretty true. I wasn't really dogging people for enjoying it, I just wasn't sure what folks found appealing about so many characters I suppose, and was more of a curiosity I think. Hey if people enjoy it, I'm not going to try to convince them otherwise, by all means continue to enjoy it! :P

I went with 8 too, 2 for each. I can totally understand making 9th for tank, 10th for flamethrower, 11th for blaze, 12th for LA/LSA. Even if they don`t expand the hero deck I change those gears so often I`d do it myself if I wasn`t waiting for a patch that showed me its worth playing the game.
Cos if you do keep playing not only does it free inv space, but changing those gears 10-20 times a day vs a 1time 3 hr alt grind would be preferable and would save time on the long run. Unfortunately there doesn`t seem to be a long run.

Basically building 1 character for each possible build, coz thats how items are set up atm. Right now I have (lv 50) DPS apprentice and huntress, waller, cannon, blaze balloon, poison tower, norm traps, serenitiy monk, dps monk, flamethrower, frosty. I have near 700h so it's not that I haven't played that much, but leveling a new hero and trying to use it in my hero deck is what keeps me playing. I also like seeing how good I can get a tower to be. Just a personal way of playing.

@thegreekman2 quote:

Basically building 1 character for each possible build, coz thats how items are set up atm. Right now I have (lv 50) DPS apprentice and huntress, waller, cannon, blaze balloon, poison tower, norm traps, serenitiy monk, dps monk, flamethrower, frosty. I have near 700h so it's not that I haven't played that much, but leveling a new hero and trying to use it in my hero deck is what keeps me playing. I also like seeing how good I can get a tower to be. Just a personal way of playing.

Yeah that makes pretty logical sense really. 

Kind of sad that the current game forces you to specialize in *one* tower though and exposes the flaws of the current game. IIRC, though, I think they were mentioning the possibility of all heroes leveling up together, on your play through, which would be a lot better than the current system.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Leveling isn't much a problem in my opinion. It's pretty fast.

sure but even 1 hour spent leveling your 12th character is too much imo

At that point why aren't you able to just create lv 50 characters?  Why does a game force you to repeat easy harb runs (or whatever the best exp/min map would be later on)?

That's boring as fk, and terrrrrrrrrrible design 

imo

If I remember correctly the reason that there are no xp in NM difficulty is to prevent people from leeching... if this were not so sad it could be a fun fact.

If they wanted to sell costumes they would leveling additional characters more easy. Like DD1 with Tavern Defense NM.

You can combine hero leveling and pet leveling in harbinger, it takes around 1 hour and you will have done around 100-120 waves.