Sign in to follow this  
I_PASS_BUTTER

Questions for Devstream 52, February 19, 2016 at 5 PM EST

Have a question for Trendy? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, February 5th at 5PM EST. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  What is your name?")

What do you think about being able to take 4 hero  classes (all of your characters) instead of just four characters 

Lightning- can you give the monk secondary attacks from dd1

Lightning: Will the Abyss Lord and the "mechanically awesome" Hero, have their own unique weapons or use the same ones as other heroes like in DD1? 

Lightning: Will that be the same case for all new Heroes?

Lightning: Will other skins come with Tower skins? When can we expect to hear/see more on the Dragonfall tower skins?

Obligatory hero deck questions:

Question 1: Do you plan on balancing the size of the hero deck versus the number of players and if so, how? While the hero deck limitations are not a big deal with multiple players, it is very limiting for solo players.

Question 2: While I kind of like the idea of getting gear and experience for everyone in my hero deck, I do not think it will make up for the limitations the deck imposes. If the deck is going to stay, could we at least get an option to toggle it so that we can use as many characters as we want if we so desire? If not, would you please explain why?

Edited to make my personal opinion clearer.

1. Are you content with the fact that mechanics which change the basic functioning of a tower (Frosty, Purge, etc) are in the form of passives, which rely on RNG?

2. Have you had an internal discussion about shifting these passives over to the sphere system, a mastery page, etc?

Erm, Butter, Dev Stream 51 was on the 5th, and the 52nd will be occuring on the 19th, but I think you already knew that. ;P

Question 1: Do you intend to add color customization for outfits, costumes etc? Where we can alter the individual colors of pieces of an outfit to better customize our characters? Further, do you intend to add the ability to mix and match individual costume pieces so we could use only certain parts of a costume we like with other parts of a different costume?

Question 2: Would you be willing to significantly buff the Monk's anti-air towers? As it stands they are too expensive and inefficient to consistently use on higher difficulties. They have a hard time killing enemies fast enough, often get hit very hard by flying kobolds, and most people skip them entirely in favor of just making a DPS Huntress/Apprentice kill the flying enemies.

Lightning 1: Will alternate gender versions of base classes (Countess, Initiate, Ranger, Adept etc.) show up again, either as straight re-skins, or as re-worked classes in their own right?

Lightning 2: Can we get a way to make golden pets non-Gold? While I appreciate the fact we were able to obtain the premium and monthly pets from the Carnival, Gold is a bit too Gaudy. Maybe a nice classy silver? :P

Lightning 3: Would you please make all non-gear non-egg items stack up to 99? Pretty please with a Frost Tower on top?

1.) Why does it take so much longer to startup the game and load everything (gems, matchmaking, pet ability, mana, etc.) than it did several months ago and is it being fixed sometime soon?

2.) Why does the Harbinger destroy everything where he lands, including auras and traps, on the 4th wave? No other Dungeon Defenders' boss does that, not with auras or traps anyway. It's a pretty one-sided strategy if all we can build are towers en masse.

Lightning: Is the "waiting for other players" in private games being fixed soon?

Lightning: Are you ever going to remove the AFK Kicker from privately hosted games or make it longer? We shouldn't have to use macros every time we want a break.

Lightning: Could we get a menu option to disable hit damage numbers to make DPS easier to see?

Lightning: If you already purchased 16 admission tickets, would you get anything from purchasing more?

Lightning: Will there be a fix for all the connection issues around getting a group match started in the carnival? Took my friends and me an hour just to get in the map with everyone present.

Lightning: Could you please make Nightmare 4 easier for solo play so those of us who's gear you nerfed can get back to where we were before without spending yet another few hundred hours getting there?

Lightning: Are you going to be nerfing everyone's gear again in the next few months?

Lightning: Could we have the new item announcements appear in stacks like the first Dungeon Defenders?

Lightning: Could you make real-time boss animations like Dark Souls or Axiom Verge where the boss is vaporized instead of going to a cutscene?

Lightning: Are you going to make the Victory/Defeat and Chest cutscenes skippable at a later time?

Lightning: On the Harbinger's Warship, could you make the Talonguard animation smaller or transparent, or let us disable him altogether so we can have more screen real estate?

Lightning: Will the Abyss Lord be able to hover through the air like the Summoner?

Lightning: Could you increase the chances of gear rolling on the prize wheel? I roll non-gear in sequences and about three times as often as I roll gear.

Lightning: Could I have a refund for all these stacks of masks and fireworks I have in excess or could you increase their sell value?

Lightning: Are the Trendy team planing on making maps which you can only play on certain difficulties in the future? (example NM2 to NM4 only, or NM4 only)

Lightning: Are you going to release some customes for the Abyss Lord right away when you release him?

• Why is it not possible to mix different costumes and all the accessoires? This would be a total incentive to buy more than one costume per hero and would mean total customization to the players. Your costumes are great but once I have a good one there is no need for additional ones.
  • Any chance for a working and editable ignore list so we can really choose who we won't be matched up with? This is free 2 play, anyone can play and there's tons of trolls.

Lightning:

• Will you give us the possibility to enlarge our bags with gems? Thousand little bags is more than annoying.
  • Will level design become more creative so we don't have to play turtling maps like the Carnival map?

Two part Question: Do you guys have plains to rebuild the combat system so that it is possible to play as a dps melee/ hydrid hero in harder difficulties/game modes(Nightmare 4)? If not, how will you encourage players to use the other 3 original heros because everyone only plays as the huntress?

Lighting Round: Will the monk ever be able to excel at DPS in DD2?

Lighting Round: Are we close to having a date for PS4's Carnival?

Lighting Round: Are we close to having a date for when we're out of early access(PC)?

PS: I'm tired of playing with only huntrees or everyone one saying you need to a huntree to dps

• It feels like the definition of "NM4 Inc capable dps" is largely just possessing dragonlich, especially now that sandstorm stopped affecting towers. Any kind of plans to balance the pets, bring out new pets on par with dragonlich, giving me dragonlich (I'm a selfish prick) or just simply a new chance at earning it? Any ETA on that?

Lightning Round: How 'bout reducing boost aura DU cost to 20, to make monk relevant again? (Or at least comparable to frosties)

Lightning Round: Could we get a gameroster? (Royal PIA to find games sometimes)

Lightning Round: Will there be maps harder than NM4 inc?

Lightning Round: Will there be items with higher Ipwr?

Lightning Round: Will we get more refined control of map difficulty, like in DD1?

Lightning Round: In the future, could we start a public game designating ourselves as tyrants, retaining the right to kick trolls without voting, and being protected against being kicked by sessionstealers?

Lightning Round: In the future, could we select starting a *new* instance of a map, instead of joining some random game in progress? If you like building that is.

Lightning Round: In the future, could we select *joining* a game, even if it means waiting, instead of starting a new map? Y'know, when you're feeling social / DPS.

Lightning Round: Can we get more single crystal maps?

Lightning Round: Could we get a map with just a single lane with extreme difficulty?

Since hero deck seems to be staying in the game, will coop games let us change our deck on the maps before the first wave? Leaving and trying to rejoin feels a bit clunky, is there a plan on this?

Lightning:

Are you going to make the dps of apprentices and monks on par with the dps of huntresses in the next milestone?

Are you going to give tools for combat phase squires to be useful against (taunt immune) bosses and fliers in the next milestone?

Are you going to fix Frosty stacking and buff Boost Aura to be on par with fixed Frosty in the next milestone?

Are you going to buff pet abilities up to be on par with Dragolich so they become viable in the next milestone?

Are you going to buff pet dps so it`s worth rerolling pet stats for in the next milestone?

Are the disparities between the dps of different projectile types intended (burst shot doing 30% more than others)?

Is secondary proc for huntresses not scaling down with weapon speed intended?

Qustion 1: What will the ipwr and hero level be increased to in the close future and do you have any longterm thoughts about the absolute ipwr and hero level cap?

Question 2: What is the name of the new mechanical hero and can you give us any info about her?

Lightning: Will the mechanic be in the same update as Abyss Lord?

Lightning: Will there be a re-release of the Drago Lich pet?

Lightning: Will you change how the spinning prize wheel works in the carnival? (the one that costs 2500 gold or 10 tickets)

Lightning: Will the prizes from the carnival map ever be changed?

Lightning: Are you planning any new game modes?

Lightning: Are you planning any new difficulties?

Lightning: Are you willing to make teaser videos of new heroes and post them on the forum?

Lightning: Is there a chance that we can keep a thing like the prize-wheel from the carnival? i kinda like the "gambling for gear" because it introduced an alternate way to get good stuff.

Lightning: Any plans to reintroduce the "old weapons" from DD1, like Flamethrowers or Grenade Launchers?

Lightning: Rerolling stats on items?

Questions:

Is there any plans on fixing Onslaught anytime soon and making it worth playing. DD1 did survival right and currently onslaught feels like a shell of its former self and I'd like to see some huge changes to it. 

Will we ever see any actual fun gear/weapons/pets? Multiple projectile pets? Actual DPS pets instead of the buff bots they are?

Do you plan on expanding the upgrade system for gear to pets, and make it similarly to DD1 in which you could actually upgrade how many projectiles it can shoot, or upgrade various other stats on gear? That way you could upgrade a piece of junk and make it mostly viable? 

Any chance on having re-rolls for specific armor/weapons? Literally when I was playing every frosty weapon I saw did NOT roll with defense power and it'd be glorious to re-roll the garbage on it to something useful, because RNG and how little build weapons actually drop outside of squire ***.

Will projectile towers ever get love so they are worth using over the lame ass trap game that the current meta is? I'd like to play but frosts + pick your choice of trap or aura is very very boring. I want to use earthshatter towers, and harpoons, and flamethrowers and feel like I'm not stomping myself in the foot because I want to do something different.

Will gear ever feel fun? More stats on gear? 

What are your thoughts on ever having speed or defense make a comeback? Towers feel terribly boring without it. I'm willing to feel overpowered to have fun again instead of the boring balancing act that we have been dealt and how just unfun it feels.

Question: Why isnt server stability and solving the kicked to menu errors top priority. Before carnival had 20ish decked nm4inc players on my server to party with. Now there are less than 5 due to these connection problems. No one cares about new chars and events if cant complete a map. 

Question: will more viable weapons be added for dps apprentice. Ran over 500 nm4inc ramparts and gotten 2 X 1sec arma that are pointless. Another reason why only see hunters in high nightmare 

Lightening: why is hunter only one with dmg type sphere modifiers? Magic and phys dmg traps

Lightening: has there been internal discussions about the other chars getting phys and or magic dmg too. -eg. monk aura thats earth and does phys dmg hits em with rocks or somin. Squire with trap/aura like tower like the possessed sword ability that does magic dmg

Lightening: has the person that decided to spend dollars and time designing and implementing trivial masks and firework animations instead of fixing bugs been taken out the back of the studio and flogged yet? 

Lightening: this is a 100% serious question. Have any of the devs ever watched the evolution of a alpha? Seriously though stop adding new content and get the game running right this is why are losing players by the 100s every week. 

Lightening: will you start doing any of these things or continue to assume that the community doesnt even know wat it wants?

Lightning:
Since the Hero Deck seems to stay, can we get F1, F2, F3, F4 to quickswap between hero deck slots please?

Thankfully I was here when Critical Hit stats was added, I was able to explain to my friend the difference between Critical Hits and Critical Hits.. Which lead to my question..

Q: Do you plan on changing the wording of certain words? As it stands, there's 2 Critical Hits. One is from hitting a monster's Weak Spot, the other is by stacking Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage to increase your "white damage".

PS: If you do change the Weak Spot Critical Hit, don't forget to adjust the descrptions of certain challenges.

Lightning: Is there a chance that we can remove gear from prize-wheel from the carnival? i do not like taking the point of the game away and making it spin to win end game gear.

Lightning: Will dummies be fixed so we have the option to remove useless white and purple numbers and only show us the yellow dps? Possible during map stage when attacking creeps to also remove the white numbers as well and only occasionally pop a total dps. This way we can see our teammates's dps during a map play.

Alrighty, we'll try to get through as many as we can today! (Just as an FYI, we're going to be diving into the Hero Deck in detail next stream, so we'll save those questions for then. Emoji_Huntress.png)