Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Ok so you tried something new with DD2 and that was cute, now it's time to go back to DD1's style of things

I try to look a bit from both sides into the game. DD2 sure does miss a lot that makes the Dungeon Defender series a blast.

For me those are trading, interacting, insanly grinds like the diamonds, the armor set bonuses, the amount of item stats. The pets are fine as they are I think but receiving special pets from special achievements but beeing lucky in openigs would be awesome.

I feel like they want the game to be harder with limiting the varity in item stats and make it more grindy because the tower speed and tower attack build is just too strong. Also with following just the two basic stats there would be less varity, too.  I can't really follow the stats anyway. For me they are very less satisfing and seeing bonuses beeing just about 1-2% is not worth grinding. What DD1 had what DD2 is missing, are exactly the varity in stats. You were farming all day to get the perfect item with better stats.

On the side note, upgrading the items now seems kinda plain and some new "crafting" could be excellent.

If there's something I could change in an instant it would be removing some of the speed+, range+ and dmg+ item texts, replacing them with normal stats in range, dmg and speed and ALSO what the majority does forget, introduce the negative stats again. Truth be told, I was happy each time something nice dropped in DD1 and had to laugh my ass off when there was an insane negative stat on it since it wouldn't be helpfull anyway - no idea how long I farmed the Sawblades.....

So from the perspective of Trendy, they want to create a money making game which charms a lot of people so the revenue increases. This has nothing to do with beeing creedy, it's the most simple trading aspect and if you have ever worked, even in a family business, that's the first you got to learn. So games do create revenue from various things. A huge aspect ignored is the activity of the community because they do attract others. Another one is the time invested in a game. You're more likely to invest money in something you like and invest time in, that's also the reason why engagement rings are more expensive then the actual ring for marriage, lol. But creating a game that is just time consuming isn't the right thing to do. The asian market was flooded in the late 20th century with cheap but grindy games. Mobilephone games are also grindy. So far I did not hear of any of those again. Succesfull games do all have something in common that also is diffrent in each of it. It's an apsect that is very liked by the community.

In DD2 this thing is not really discovered yet because of the constant changes. I just ask myself why they did not implement more stats on the gear because then there would be a lot more diffrent items available and make the game more grindy, benefiting listed player behaviour.

If the idea is to create a balance in between heros to release them like Leage of Legends does, ah, please not. Their balance teams actions and the whole interaction in terms of buffs and nerfs is absurdly ***. Watch at it like a mindmap. Each and every point is connected to another. Each time there will be added a new thing a new point appears, which affects every other point, followed by new changes in the network. It's endlessly changing when there will be implemented new things.

Last but not least, in the game there is most about the stats on your gear. Why not focusing on this instead of implementing new things? Simple, early access does not mean balance things before not most of what is planned is added.

I just liked how specialized towers were in DD1. Gas, darkness and fire traps (stall, resists, AOE DOT). Bowling ball towers, harpoons, barricade (murdering ramps, murdering lines, tanking without need of passives). Monk's auras were pretty much straight forward. Magic missile tower, fire thingy tower, electric and the yellow snipe-y towers (machine gun, area damage, excellent random crowd damage and heavy long range damage).

We had a lot of towers to combine, each with their speciality and forced us to use all heroes on each map on the maximum difficulty to have success. It had actual strategy (I remember finishing crystalline dimension with high mythical-low transcendent armor with a few friends on nmhc). Good ol' times.

I do agree with most of what was mentioned. However, I do like the hero deck system.

In DD, playing with friends was something I enjoyed doing. However, when one of my friends had every character pretty much capped out, that was it. There was no point for any of us to play a copy of said character, because said friend could just switch between heroes and perform a full trap layout. The element of teamwork was stripped away by this. The rest of us pretty much played DPS characters as defense duty rested on that one player.

Hero decks theoretically would force a team of players to coordinate their trap set ups, leveling different characters and working together as a team to have an optimal layout. While it's more restrictive from a soloing standpoint, it actually adds more to diversity in multiplayer. This is something I do appreciate with the new system.