Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Ok so you tried something new with DD2 and that was cute, now it's time to go back to DD1's style of things

I don't now how you messed up so bad on the predecessor of one of the most fun and addicting games. Actually I do, so now lets go through it shall we?

- No limitation on who you could bring to the defenses, possibilities were endless and that created unique meta's. You will never get this in DD2 as long as the Hero Deck exists. DU limited what you could build and that's when we had a strategy guide section worth a damn.

- Armor that was universal for all characters to use and was easy to upgrade, Mana Boom done! 

- Armor set bonuses.

- Amazing stat system.

Hero damage, Hero repair, Hero Speed and Hero ability.

Tower Damage, Tower Health, Tower Speed and Tower Range. R.I.P Tower speed.

- No resistance lanes, but random elemental resistances on enemies. Again it doesn't force you to use DU on a single lane which you could of used on the entire map instead and strengthen your defense else where.

- Pets that actually hit hard and weren't a grind to level up or required pet food and affection.

- Maps that require strategy and not power to beat. You go try building as close to the spawns on Aquanos, Talay Mines, Karathiki/Akatiti Jungle, Winter Wonderland, Crystaline Dimension and see what happens.

- Challenges!

- Hardcore mode and Mix Mode *crickets*

- Survival mode done right. Unique rewards for getting to wave 25 and 30 and having the ability to start at the highest wave you cleared. The grind was minimal and was actually fun to do.

- Nightmare mode which was challenging. Why are you trying to pass off NM4 as anything but Insane+ is beyond me. You don't have NM specific enemies or NM difficulty enemies. Your Ogres are weak, the rest is trash mob as far as I'm concerned.

- Trading, it may of been over run with hacked gear and an influx of duped cubes, but boy did it keep the community active.

- Player shops. This one I miss the most as I met alot of cool people and spent alot of my time navigating different people's taverns. You never know what you would find.

- Named lobbies. None of this social tavern BS, just an easy way to find a map and help people.

- Lastly going F2P. If a $40 Huntress skin is any indication of things to come we are in trouble.

So after years of refinement you had the perfect game and what do you do?

Start completely fresh and rather building upon what made DD1 so great you ignored everything about it. Just how many players do you need to lose until you fully understand you are going in the wrong direction?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I don't now how you messed up so bad on the predecessor of one of the most fun and addicting games. Actually I do, so now lets go through it shall we?

- No limitation on who you could bring to the defenses, possibilities were endless and that created unique meta's. You will never get this in DD2 as long as the Hero Deck exists. DU limited what you could build and that's when we had a strategy guide section worth a damn. 

I agree with this. I would love to bring all my heroes into the game and have DU being my only limiting factor. Right now I've had to retire my monk in favour of a DPS huntress.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Armor that was universal for all characters to use and was easy to upgrade, Mana Boom done!  

Armor is universal to all characters unless you are looking to have matching passives. I'd prefer to have the passive done via spheres but I've posted about that in other threads so I won't repeat it here. 

Upgrading using "junk" or items that you don't use and a little bit of gold is fine and I don't mind that implimentation however I would like it to be refined especially so we don't get into the realms of "stupid amounts of gold" needed for individual upgrades.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Armor set bonuses.

Yes please, I liked this in DD1 and I am surprised it didn't make it into DD2 yet. Even if it's not exactly the same as DD2 set bonuses give something else for people to aim towards.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Amazing stat system.

I don't yet know if I prefer having Tower speed or Tower Crit Chance and Damage but I do have to ask if there was any reason to move to a different stat system if the DD1 system didn't have any glaring flaws.

I understand that speed was removed because it was deemed too hard to balance and as cool as an infinite line of harpoons were it was not something Trendy wanted repeated but I wonder if we will get refinements to the current system to feel and function more like DD1

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- No resistance lanes, but random elemental resistances on enemies. Again it doesn't force you to use DU on a single lane which you could of used on the entire map instead and strengthen your defense else where.

Personally I prefer the resistance lanes because it means I know that my defenses will be doing the appropriate damage to every enemy coming out of that lane. Random Elemental resistances in DD1 meant that unless I had all resistances covered then things would sit and hammer at the barricades until dealt with.

However random elemental resistances did make the game feel more action based since you had to be aware of certain enemies coming out of lanes and deal with them. 

Resistance lanes means I have to make a choice at the start of a wave on which damage type I will be using on my hero. Thus meaning my hero will be ineffective on 1 or 2 lanes.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Pets that actually hit hard and weren't a grind to level up or required pet food and affection.

Yes, I've not actually got a pet yet that deals a significant amount of damage for my respective levels. I'm choosing my pets based on their passive ability. It would be nice to have a DPS pet or two in the game similar to how DD1 had pets that were purely used for their stats.

Leveling up pets is indeed a grind but only for affection. I feel that feeding the pet is fine but that's most likely because I've always had food available from playing the game. Having the pet food stacking would go a LONG way to easing this process. Affection definitely needs another look at.

Overall the pet system needs refinement and polish in terms of the grind and efficiency of some pets but has been stated that this will be looked at.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Maps that require strategy and not power to beat. You go try building as close to the spawns on Aquanos, Talay Mines, Karathiki/Akatiti Jungle, Winter Wonderland, Crystaline Dimension and see what happens.

I would love maps to have more strategy and different layouts to them but I do find it amusing that you have mentioned all the DD1 DLC maps. Classic DD1 maps were similar to what DD2 has now. I do hope this means that more difficult / strategy devised maps are in development but it is something that we will need to wait and see for.

As for building as close to spawns / cores this is something that we as a community voted for in one of the influence votes.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Challenges!

Yes please. I'd love to get all the different challenge modes back. I know Trendy has said that incursions are supposed to be a similar type of content but with the challenges there were alot of fun stuff to try.

Also adding in hidden meta challenge with secret titles and things in the game to add that little bit more would be wonderful.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I will admit that I'm not too bothered about adding these modes but that's because I didn't really play them but I'm all for more content in the game.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Survival mode done right. Unique rewards for getting to wave 25 and 30 and having the ability to start at the highest wave you cleared. The grind was minimal and was actually fun to do.

So other than the reward and the ability to start at the highest wave cleared what is the difference between Onslaught and Survival? It has already been said that Onslaught 2.0 is coming and they have taken our feedback for it.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but if you wanted to get the rewards from finishing said waves in Survival didn't you have to start at least 10 waves back for it to trigger? I'm 99% sure you couldn't just jump right in at wave 29 and finish wave 30 to get it's reward. (I'm also certain that it was waves 15 and 25 but I'm not as sure on that)

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Nightmare mode which was challenging. Why are you trying to pass off NM4 as anything but Insane+ is beyond me. You don't have NM specific enemies or NM difficulty enemies. Your Ogres are weak, the rest is trash mob as far as I'm concerned.

Yes I agree. As much as I miss all the Sharken I agree that NM4 should have it's unique enemies and other unique flairs per map to increase it's difficulty and the way it is played. Trendy have stated that they don't want the end game to just be enemies with more HP and resistances but right now that's all we have.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Trading, it may of been over run with hacked gear and an influx of duped cubes, but boy did it keep the community active.

- Player shops. This one I miss the most as I met alot of cool people and spent alot of my time navigating different people's taverns. You never know what you would find.

Sticking these two together since you can't have one without the other. Trading is a sticking point because Trendy doesn't want a repeat of what happened in DD1 with all the duped and hacked items. Personally I see this already resolved by having the data server side but since I'm not a developer I'm not entirely sure thats the case.

I would love to have Trading back in the game so when I get an item I don't want I have the choice of using it as upgrading fuel or trading it and getting something else that I can use. People have been quick to suggest a system similar to Diablo 3 and that trading should only be able to happen within the creating party.

As for player shops, these were fun and it'd be great for these to return but for it to happen we need to get the foundations of trading sorted first.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Named lobbies. None of this social tavern BS, just an easy way to find a map and help people.

Matchmaking is sorely needed and the feedback has been given time and time again and hopefully we will be finally getting it. It's so hard as a streamer to get people sorted into groups and keep it fair at the same time with the current system. Yes I am all for it.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Lastly going F2P. If a $40 Huntress skin is any indication of things to come we are in trouble.

Well they have said that this is an experiment and if it is not something the community like or want then they will look into other solutions. I will say that yes it is far too expensive for what it is especially since they have the carnival bundle going out at the same time at a fraction of the cost.

But do remember that costumes and fluff like this is supposed to be the way Trendy makes money so I can't fault them for that.

To finish off I will say again to give Elliot Cannon a chance to get his influence over Trendy and put into the game. He has only been in Trendy for 3/4 weeks and was hired during the middle of the latest milestone (Carnival patch) Hopefully after two or three more milestones we will see which direction he and Trendy are taking the game in and we will be enjoying more of it.

TL:DR Argick is currently winning longest forum post. Go read it!

I also miss FUNNY weapons. Not just any legendary sword but also names like chicken shooter or spider webber (or however that was called). I purposely used a totally weak weapon just because it looked cool. Chicken shooter!! The awesome graphical team would do soooo insanely creative things if this would be implemented.

Equipping looks boring to me. Moving the stuff next to the right body parts would feel way more funny. Similar to this pic:

6-inventar.jpg

@dreamanime quote:

Didn't they worked on sets already?

IIRC, I believe I saw a post about it being something they are working on, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see actual information on it, and who knows how damned far off that is. 

Hopefully it's good though.

Yeah I agree with this thread, but it's just not gonna happen. TE has a vision for this game that is definitely not DD1, and very different then what alot of us hoped it would be. They don't seem like they're interested in making major shifts to gameplay mechanics atm, which is what making this game more DD1-like would require. My bet is that this year they'll work on;

- Matchmaking
- Hero Deck
- Adding/Rebalancing Spheres
- More Heroes
- More Passives
- New Level Cap
- Few New Maps
- Crafting System
- New Enemies
- NM5

All of which are just expansions on what this new vision already is. It's time to lay down our hopes of this game being an upgraded DD1. Accept that it's just a completely new game and either like it for what it is, or just leave it. I'll give TE a few more patches to see what the deal is this year, but I'm not feeling this game atm.

I could deal without the set bonuses. All they did was limit what was an upgrade. This game has enough limitations as is.

Hey id like to ask a few questions to the original creator of this thread to get a better understanding of your point of view because all I see is harsh negatives and I personally have very few issues with the game.

a) What is your hours played on DD2

b) how many of the maps have you completed on NM4 as a solo player

c) have you theory crafted and tried builds with different towers and defences in NM4

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Challenges!

- Nightmare mode which was challenging. Why are you trying to pass off NM4 as anything but Insane+ is beyond me. You don't have NM specific enemies or NM difficulty enemies. 

I trimmed down what I agreed with in the ops post, won't say much about them cause the op put it nicely & I think these things need to be addressed in dd2.

Now on the other hand some things I disagree with cause disagreeing is always more fun :)

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

- Armor set bonuses.

- Amazing stat system.

Here's some quick reasons why I don't agree with these.

-Can't say the hero deck limits diversity cause whatever is the best is what'll be used, in dd1 it was minions on a buff beam with auras in dd2 it's traps & frosts.

-Armor set bonuses imo is simply a pointless limitation on gear, simply makes a lot of good gear trash for you.

-The stat system had it's own problems & doesn't really have much expansion room. For example in dd1 you really can't increase the stats any further then they are without breaking the game completely, mainly range & speed.

-Maps had the appearance that they required strategy yes but in the end building around the core was 99% of the time the most viable strategy. Now I'm not saying dd2 maps require strategy, if anything they are worse then dd1 maps.

-Can't say survival in dd1 was done right as it was mostly a afk thing & if most people just afk then it's really not done right, also disliked it in dde & dd2. Survival to me should be a endless wave that gets increasingly harder until you fail, at most lasting 30mins unless your simply way over geared.

In the end I think people are just wanting a remake of dd1 which isn't going to happen, dd2 is going to change things up & be different which is okay imo. I actually believe we shouldn't be trying to remaking dd1 cause look what happened to dde.

@Teck quote:

I'm not entirely sure what the OP's hours, would have to do with the game. 

I've been at the same hours as a few months ago because the game just hasn't been worth logging into, to me. In one patch last year alone I dumped in 300+ hours, and since F2P, I've put in less than 30 hours. 

In fact, you can go back to look at free to play numbers, and you can see 15,000 people didn't find the game worth sticking around for. 

There obviously are blatant issues, and the OP highlights what they feel are problems. Because you're enjoying the game (I don't know how, but hey, everyone likes different things, I'm not going to question that) doesn't mean others aren't. 

In fact, I'm going to go as far as to say there isn't anything in end game at all I find even remotely enjoyable. Actually, the last time I really dumped a lot of time into the game is when frosty was introduced, and gear was still around item power 800+ or so. I literally dumped 300 hours into that single patch alone. Sure, traps and frost were OP as hell, and new, but it was fun. You felt rewarded for getting a solid set of build gear, and you could feel the power grow. If the game had proper end game where enemies continually scaled (think similar to Diablo 3 greater rifts) there would be absolutely no problem with stomping regular nightmare 1-4 into the ground. 

This is off topic but onlsuaght and incursion should be the real end game. Build gear, and maxed NM4 plain gear, should absolutely stomp those difficulties. Incursion and onslaught should be the challenge, and where scaling increases.

But it's pointless to really chat about it, because the game is so far off from that. 

@Teck quote:

Hey id like to ask a few questions to the original creator of this thread to get a better understanding of your point of view because all I see is harsh negatives and I personally have very few issues with the game.

c) have you theory crafted and tried builds with different towers and defences in NM4

He is easily near 1k if not more and honestly has prolly been doing NM4 longer than you have been playing the game. As i remember when you first started and first started streaming as I was there. :D

I do agree with a lot of knowsnolimits points especially if you where here long before the game became f2p. This game has gone farther and farther away from anything DD1 resembled and it shows just by the playerbase at peak hours

@Xopo quote: This game has gone farther and farther away from anything DD1 resembled and it shows just by the playerbase at peak hours

I understand this but the game isnt DD1 and its not meant to be so constantly comparing it do everything DD1 was is hardly fair, the game isnt even finished. Its not DD1, its not based upon concepts from DD1 and therefore should be treated as its own game. If DD1 is better surely people should just go play that?

@Teck quote:

@Xopo quote: This game has gone farther and farther away from anything DD1 resembled and it shows just by the playerbase at peak hours

I understand this but the game isnt DD1 and its not meant to be so constantly comparing it do everything DD1 was is hardly fair, the game isnt even finished. Its not DD1, its not based upon concepts from DD1 and therefore should be treated as its own game. If DD1 is better surely people should just go play that?

Yea its not DD1 but to make a "sequel" to a very popular game and have little to nothing comparable to the amazing game it stemmed from is the issue. This sequel was going to be a moba, which got shot down by the fan base quickly. From there they would make it a upgraded better version of DD1(so we were told)but sense has failed and the reason why you see post like this from long time players.

Also definition of a sequel - a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.

Not completely gut it and trash it to a unnoticeable state, with the only thing familiar from dd1 is the heroes 

@Teck quote:

According to Steam Charts;

- DD2 has lost an average of 1,063 players per month since October. 

- During October, there was an average of 5,800 players on at any given time.

- For the last 30 days, there's been an average of about 1,500 players on at any given time. 

- The peak number of players during October was 18,744, while the peak number of players in the last 30 days was 2,891. 

DD1's stats are significantly lower, but much more stable. It's an old and dying game after all. DD2, however, is supposed to be fresh, new, exciting, updated, thriving. Yet it's fallen flat on its face since the F2P release. It's cool if you like the game, noone here is trying to convince you to dislike it. It is important, though, when discussing the game's viability and success to look at hard numbers instead of personal feeling and opinion. 

@Teck quote:

I do agree with every point the OP said. I'm pretty sure he's a veteran. 

I personally dislike a lot of things in this game, even though it is really addicting.

a) I played near 1k hours.

b) I've solo every map on NM4, including betsy before the nerf, with 2 different builds.

c) Yes I tried almost every build. I have 12 characters max level with 720+ iPW gears (full legendaries) for the majority of the tower builds.

Don't get us wrong, we are not bashing on the game cause we're saying it's bad as hell and that we won't play 2 mins. We love the game, that's why we're still there. The thing is that many of us, especially those who like me started long before the f2p release (in the time where we still had tower speed *sight*), came to DD2 because we were too addicted to DD1. This game fails to give the same amount of pleasure as DD1 for all the reasons listed by OP. We are not saying to make another DD1, we are just pointing out things that DD1 did so well and that DD should at least follow, maybe not be the exact same thing, but close to. 

This game is supposed to be the sequel, meaning it has some common things. We are really far apart from DD1 atm. 

I think the big thing with Survival and Challenges was that they existed for each of the maps, WITH unique rewards from each. Meanwhile Onslaught is going to be just as random no matter the map. Incursion feels like it was supposed to be like the Challenges... but falls way, way too short. It's more like mixed mode from DD1. Dragonfall Gates and Ramparts incursion are a good start at maps that are completely different from everything else in DD2, but even then what are the rewards? Ramparts had good weapons until this latest patch that killed their AOE. 

I would make that Trendy's next focus quite frankly. Give each map an incursion, with unique weapons dropping from each. Just please not Riddle of the Deep, freaking Aquanos, I still have nightmares. 

So much delicious feedback, and most of it constructive, too! 

I will make sure this thread gets passed on to the Design/Production teams. It may be that some of the suggestions here can see it into production. 

Moved to Game Feedback. 

@Tristaris quote:

@Teck quote:

I'm not entirely sure what the OP's hours, would have to do with the game. 

I've been at the same hours as a few months ago because the game just hasn't been worth logging into, to me. In one patch last year alone I dumped in 300+ hours, and since F2P, I've put in less than 30 hours. 

In fact, you can go back to look at free to play numbers, and you can see 15,000 people didn't find the game worth sticking around for. 

There obviously are blatant issues, and the OP highlights what they feel are problems. Because you're enjoying the game (I don't know how, but hey, everyone likes different things, I'm not going to question that) doesn't mean others aren't. 

In fact, I'm going to go as far as to say there isn't anything in end game at all I find even remotely enjoyable. Actually, the last time I really dumped a lot of time into the game is when frosty was introduced, and gear was still around item power 800+ or so. I literally dumped 300 hours into that single patch alone. Sure, traps and frost were OP as hell, and new, but it was fun. You felt rewarded for getting a solid set of build gear, and you could feel the power grow. If the game had proper end game where enemies continually scaled (think similar to Diablo 3 greater rifts) there would be absolutely no problem with stomping regular nightmare 1-4 into the ground. 

This is off topic but onlsuaght and incursion should be the real end game. Build gear, and maxed NM4 plain gear, should absolutely stomp those difficulties. Incursion and onslaught should be the challenge, and where scaling increases.

But it's pointless to really chat about it, because the game is so far off from that. 

I completely agree, the task of getting the best gear should be limited to the special incursions, bosses, and the onslaught. Onslaught should be similar in how you begin a Diablo 3 greater rift, these places should have random and that wave director that is promised should take place there, so you don't know what is coming which is already there somewhat but there should be more unique stuff, for example the new map circus thing is much better done than onslaught unseen differences.  And make these modes that aren't onslaught time'd ( or something that can say how well some one does.) leader boards. that reset monthly, and the onslaught mode record a global leader board that says the number people got to that also resets monthly

Nightmare 1-4 should be able to be slightly easy to get to NM4 and the whole thing that keeps people coming back in the old game was new heroes, new maps and new bosses and challenges. Not the fact that it takes a few hundred hours to gear up a single hero. Adding grinding where it shouldn't be The way the game's gear progression works, you could get rid of levels entirely and just let the item power level number you have equate to the 

Gear should be Important, and not 90% trash, that just makes me feel unrewarded and not willing to play because the rewards are not really there. However I will for sure complete this event because well i am now feeling rewarded. This game doens't have the luxury of procedural generation which makes the gear farm feel even worse, and the fact that you likely will build similarly in every game makes it worse.

By putting the actual challenge at the end this would reward the hardcore players thought the monthly leader board resets. I am sure they can find a way to gauge how well a player does in side of something that isn't onslaught, be it time, amount of time spent repairing, or the amount of mana spent. 

You push away players by making NM1-4 exactly the same, just that after you are able to beat all modes of play, and get so high that onslaught is boring, NM1-4 is just there to have a progression system in gear that is ultimately pointless to go though.

NM1-4 should be rewarding for people with all the gear ranges, they should be just that Difficulty, not progression systems. For example Diablo 3 does this by having all the good items drop on all difficulties, and just making the good items more common on the harder difficulties. There is too much RNG on the loot system, and the fact that the loot system is extremely hard to find upgrades that you will likely play the same map multiple time, then you get to the next difficulty you feel that your entire time in the previous difficulty is wasted.

IF you think the only reason to play this game is loot, The game sure, has a lot of importance on the gear, but you don't need to make sure the second you hit cap in any loot based game your time isn't ruined Gear treadmills are boring That is the difference from vanilla diablo 3 to current diablo 3, there is no treadmill just leaderboards. before you had to grind each act and get gear good enough to complete the next act.  Which is similar to what this game does with NM1-4 It's a big time sink, and one that feels ultimately wasted once you either get into a group of awesome people that carry you, or you get there eventually, the wole thing 1-3 is rather pointless and boring. I think there should only be a NM1, and just get rid of NM2-4 

and make other ways to challenge people with the gear they already have, difficulties before 4 just feel like stepping stones that take too much time to get to the point you can feel like your time is worth while. 

@Gunghoe quote:

IF you think the only reason to play this game is loot, The game sure, has a lot of importance on the gear, but you don't need to make sure the second you hit cap in any loot based game your time isn't ruined Gear treadmills are boring That is the difference from vanilla diablo 3 to current diablo 3, there is no treadmill just leaderboards. before you had to grind each act and get gear good enough to complete the next act.  Which is similar to what this game does with NM1-4 It's a big time sink, and one that feels ultimately wasted once you either get into a group of awesome people that carry you, or you get there eventually, the wole thing 1-3 is rather pointless and boring. I think there should only be a NM1, and just get rid of NM2-4 

and make other ways to challenge people with the gear they already have, difficulties before 4 just feel like stepping stones that take too much time to get to the point you can feel like your time is worth while. 

Amen, remove nm2-4, possibly remove levels and replace it with paragons. rebalance the entire game. turn onslaught into grifts, let us grind gem levels to get slightly further and create more fun and modes. nobody wants to grind a td game where it takes 30-45mins on necrotic just to watch the waves walk through.

dont forget to give every tower/ability runes.

Edit.
No longer sure if im being sarcastic. Don't get to inspired by d3, most people bot there game and only play a season for 2weeks. the game lacks longevity but there are modes in warcraft 3 (tower wars/Enfo's/Castle wars and mobas/capture the flags with a slight competitive spirit that last longer) I'd be pretty happy sending waves of creatures from your game towards someone else whos trying to defend them, id even defend them when the heroes are balanced and this game mode could be 1v1+ even a platform beat em up dungeon crawler map could be fun on this game.

This is a different genre of game with the same loot. If you can get the TD part more enjoyable. I dunno how with majority of the current maps since there to small, could start with decreasing tower agro allot on all towers so its not just flames that can be placed in a lane giving more placement options maybe create some enemys specifically made for destroying/disarming things not the lazy narrow minded hordes we have atm. Think what makes td's fun before you think about what makes rpg's fun. people like to be able to demolish a wave in a TD but they like to be able to do something different each time. Some of the most basic td's can be the most enjoyable take a look at kingdom rush or w.e its called get inspired from the basics like you did well making loot. sometimes creatures walking through being dumb and blazay is cool when they arn't stopping to pick off every tower on there way, give them some tunnel vision and CREATE enemys to pick off that don't. don't be afraid to let people fill the maps with towers and remove the racist DU Cost on every tower and give them all a reason to be used.

Never stop creating and exploring use your early access - Alpha badge you hang so proudly on your game screen. make mistakes use your imagination. implement stuff more often (aslong as its not server breaking even thoe you guys don't seem to afraid of implenting that LOL # black screens.) heck if your keeping people entertained your doing something right even if they are watching you pump out poor idea's sooner or later there's gonna be a good one. Don't make it seem like the end by pumping out costumes lads do some work and stop being carried by the art team.

few things I want to point out in DD1 you got double the DU because of MU.  which made it easier then this game. lets see here auras that covered the whole map and I mean the whole map.

lets see towers'

auras the cover whole map, machine gun harpoons, archer minions that could do over 380K dps at summon thats not even upgrading them! there was a meta and only 1 to 3 builds aura, buff beams, reflect walls backwards barricades so ogres just stand there, minions archer and mage comb op archers hit super hard and mages well hell they heal every thing but 1 or 2 things.

so yeah the game wasn't hard and just because you had to grind nm hardcore survive just to gear which wasn't hard either. most people only got good after they got to the shops. I mean that game was a joke after all is said and done. don't get me wrong I loved the game but. it had a meta and 3 builds to do.

every campaign map was tiny none of them were big at all smaller then most the maps we play on in DD2. only way later did we get big maps and it was only 4 of them,

as for building near the crystal lmao your joking right that's how you did every map in dd1  CD was done that way(CD was end game by the way) aqua taley you name it you built next of near the crystal.

well going to bed I bet.

@drag7399 quote:

few things I want to point out in DD1 you got double the DU because of MU.  which made it easier then this game. lets see here auras that covered the whole map and I mean the whole map.

lets see towers'

auras the cover whole map, machine gun harpoons, archer minions that could do over 380K dps at summon thats not even upgrading them! there was a meta and only 1 to 3 builds aura, buff beams, reflect walls backwards barricades so ogres just stand there, minions archer and mage comb op archers hit super hard and mages well hell they heal every thing but 1 or 2 things.

so yeah the game wasn't hard and just because you had to grind nm hardcore survive just to gear which wasn't hard either. most people only got good after they got to the shops. I mean that game was a joke after all is said and done. don't get me wrong I loved the game but. it had a meta and 3 builds to do.

every campaign map was tiny none of them were big at all smaller then most the maps we play on in DD2. only way later did we get big maps and it was only 4 of them,

as for building near the crystal lmao your joking right that's how you did every map in dd1  CD was done that way(CD was end game by the way) aqua taley you name it you built next of near the crystal.

well going to bed I bet.

well looks like we found someone who used cheat engine in dd1

Oh also to add to KnowsNoLimits credibility in terms of how long he has been playing this game.

His hours for Dungeon Defenders  combined on all 3 games yes we try to forget about DDE. is around 5k hours.....

His dd1 hours alone: 

Dungeon Defenders
3,419 hrs on record

Though I do like how random, funny, and strategic times were in DD1, DD2 (in my opinion) has more challenge, stability and just about the same level of strategy, if not more. What I like about DD2 is that the quality over quantity works, since everythig has been re-balanced to a fair point where it is still unique and fun. If you don't like where the game is headed, then you don't have to follow the rrest of the fish, but I personally am excited to see where this game is going. It is turning into the Rocket Bird.

But we still need trading though. How else are we supposed to give the Legendary we don't need that's perfect for our friend to said friend?

~Masmagius, of Falcon Regiment