Sign in to follow this  

Trendy you have my money already, why are you cheating me now?

Just used my FIRST carnival ticket, and i got - 2 lockbox keys - wow such a great thing as i only have around 200 wyvern tokens without a use already

why did i baught the ticket now? only cool prizes shown and not the ***ing lockbox ***

really there was a time i enjoyed this game so much, why did i baught gems...im so stupid

@0564 quote:

Just used my FIRST carnival ticket, and i got - 2 lockbox keys - wow such a great thing as i only have around 200 wyvern tokens without a use already

why did i baught the ticket now? only cool prizes shown and not the ***ing lockbox ***

really there was a time i enjoyed this game so much, why did i baught gems...im so stupid

On the bright side you have a 0% chance to get the lockbox keys again, so all your remaining spins will result in a costume or golden pet.

@0564 quote:

As has been said now you can look forward to getting the pets and costumes now since duplicate rewards should not be possible. If you've purchased the 1600 pack with 16 passes then you will get everything eventually.

sounds good, using the rest of my gems in the costumes+golden pets so i dont have gems to buy abyss lord or hero space for it (1 of them must be paid for sure)

@0564 quote:

... so i dont have gems to buy abyss lord or hero space for it (1 of them must be paid for sure)

I hope not! They try so hard to not give any player an unfair advantage over any other through locking content with money. The abyss lord will probably free to play and I REALLY HOPE that the players at last get one extra free slot for every new hero. They could be even locked to when the player creates a new hero type so that extra space is only for when someone wants to have like 2 of the same kind.

Done only two runs so far but i got Table Flipper and Galaxy Skin. 

Falkon i think the opposite, i would say if it is rigged you give them something good the first go and then bad after thinking they'll get as lucky as they did before, but at least for premium wheel its all unique.

Aznpride you're referring to "bait and switch" tactics which most companies refrain from doing anymore as it earns them a bad reputation. Weighting lesser items to have a greater chance to drop is the standard for rewards that do not require real $ but Trendy is applying the same weighting to Premium items which, imho, is major BS. Cheesy mobile "freemium" games do it, sad to see it in a AAA title.

Random is still random and you got lucky but I'll bet cold hard cash that the "lesser prizes" are set to drop more often.

@falkon311 quote:

That the lockbox key is probably 10x more likely to be the first thing won is exactly how Trendy works. No surprise here.

According to design, all of the items on the Bling Wheel have an equal chance to drop. I had them triple check the numbers to confirm.

@iamisom quote:

@falkon311 quote:

That the lockbox key is probably 10x more likely to be the first thing won is exactly how Trendy works. No surprise here.

According to design, all of the items on the Bling Wheel have an equal chance to drop. I had them triple check the numbers to confirm.

That is good to hear. Thank you for confirming Iamisom.

However, I still feel that it being a reward is a slap in the face. Why should I have to pay for something I can easily get grinding Onslaught?

Now to the suggestion page to remove it from the wheel altogether. 

@falkon311 quote:

I have actually had 3 pets and 2 costumes drop (a pet was first).  No lockbox keys yet.

@falkon311 quote:

That is good to hear. Thank you for confirming Iamisom.

However, I still feel that it being a reward is a slap in the face. Why should I have to pay for something I can easily get grinding Onslaught?

Now to the suggestion page to remove it from the wheel altogether. 

Think about it from this perspective - 5 lockbox keys is either 45 wyvern tokens or 750 gems. Paying 150 gems for that (or 100 gems if you bought the bundle) is a pretty solid value... well, if wyvern tokens still hold value to anyone anymore.

I do agree that the keys are kinda out of place on the bling wheel. I would love to see them removed or replaced with another golden pet.

...Golden Dragolich anyone?

@gigazelle quote:

Paying 150 gems for that (or 100 gems if you bought the bundle) is a pretty solid value... well, if wyvern tokens still hold value to anyone anymore.

What Bundle? Dont see anything in the Steam Store. Or is this ingame? Havnt logged in this week yet. 

@Brahlam quote:

@gigazelle quote:

Paying 150 gems for that (or 100 gems if you bought the bundle) is a pretty solid value... well, if wyvern tokens still hold value to anyone anymore.

What Bundle? Dont see anything in the Steam Store. Or is this ingame? Havnt logged in this week yet. 

In game, You can purchase a single admission pass for the bling wheel in town or you can get the full bundle of 16 + the 4 carnival skins for 1600 gems. 

I splashed all my gems on the bundle.

Did two sneak runs and get Golden Pet both times, did paid run got a lockbox key. Maybe RNG but smells of naughtiness to me.

@Fozzie quote:

Did two sneak runs and get Golden Pet both times, did paid run got a lockbox key. Maybe RNG but smells of naughtiness to me.

I'm not quite understanding this. I thought if you snuck in then you didn't get to spin the bling wheel therefore you get no rewards.

Then you say you've bought the bundle so you should already have the 16 passes which means you shouldn't need to pay again. Unless you mean you've used one of your admission passes.

So if you have got 2 golden pets and the lockboxes then you should have 13 passes left to use and not be able to get those rewards again.

@Argick quote:

In game, You can purchase a single admission pass for the bling wheel in town or you can get the full bundle of 16 + the 4 carnival skins for 1600 gems. 

Thanks for the explanation. 

I find this update a bit strange to be honest. And again additional Skins... mhh there are already a lot of them and in the end you can only use one at a time anyways... hope the Map is fun though! More Maps is always great! :-)

@Fozzie quote:

If you bought the bundle, then RNG really doesn't matter. You're going to get everything after running carnival 16 times. RNG only matters to people who are buying individual passes.

when i started the thread i was really angry, and im still, but not about the lockbox keys, im angry about the advertisement, because there isnt any word about lockbox keys, i just baught 1 ticket because i wanted a golden pet or a monk skin (i was sure i would be unlucky getting squire skin) but then i get lockbox keys...this is the worst because you can get them while playing the game (doing dailys or monthlys) and there is actually no use for wyvern tokens after you got the 1 or 2 ultimate spheres that arent crap

also the chance of getting good skins with lockbox keys feels like ultimate low (have around 5 apprentince winter skins that i cant use - duplicates)

so all in all i slept over it and it still feels wrong getting lockbox keys there...

@0564 quote:

when i started the thread i was really angry, and im still, but not about the lockbox keys, im angry about the advertisement, because there isnt any word about lockbox keys, i just baught 1 ticket because i wanted a golden pet or a monk skin (i was sure i would be unlucky getting squire skin) but then i get lockbox keys...this is the worst because you can get them while playing the game (doing dailys or monthlys) and there is actually no use for wyvern tokens after you got the 1 or 2 ultimate spheres that arent crap

also the chance of getting good skins with lockbox keys feels like ultimate low (have around 5 apprentince winter skins that i cant use - duplicates)

so all in all i slept over it and it still feels wrong getting lockbox keys there...

I like em, 1600 gems are a good value for what you are getting in there,  150 for one pass though, and getting keys, that's sad, you had an advantage and a much higher chance to get a monk skin or pet 

I totally agree with you gunghoe...it is unfortunate that you get lock keys if you didn't need them. Maybe the keys shouldn't be on there, but people complaining about them adding new skins is absurd. The game and the new content is free! Trendy has to feed there family too...don't complain about an optional..non required.. extra customized way to support the game. If $16(about 100 gems=$1) gets you all the golden pets and new skins, I'm with it. As long as they don't start charging for madartory content..and the devs stay active in the community(post on fourm and stream) I'll continue to spend money to support. I already bought about 11,000 gems and I've only had the game since last Sunday, nor have we received DFC yet.

ps:PS4 DD2 stand up!!