Sign in to follow this  
PandynatorDD

@RUMOR - Abyss lord PATCH - Will come with new max level = 70

We most likely won't have a level cap increase. No official announcement. 

Also, it would not be logical to have one now. With the defense revamp and strategic revamp, I bet they plan on revamping enemies and difficulties soon, and eventually loot. A level cap increase/iPW would only come after that because it would "reset" gears. Would be stupid to do so before fixing everything else before. 

I love this thread. I think it'd be awesome if someone started a dream patch notes thread. Kinda like this.

Tempering expectations, we are working on a TON of gameplay changes but I don't think many of them are going to reach this next patch. Right now we're aggressively playtesting the complete strategic re-balance that Steven and Brett are working on, which I hope to play for you guys on the next devstream.

It's still very much a work in progress, but it will definitely completely shake up everything once it comes out. I know it's been the most fun I've had playing Dungeon Defenders II in a long long time, so I hope many of you feel the same about it.

In terms of gameplay-related work for this patch, we're prioritizing a lot of the Hero Deck changes that we discussed on the last stream ;).

Yeah.. uhh keep reading those hearthstone reddits .. that childs card game gold stale a long time ago, its where lazy streamers go to get popular (once they learn to play someone elses deck)

Dream patch notes.
All bugs squashed.

Servers stable.

nm1-4 has been removed and now only consists of nm.

We have made multiple social taverns that also work as a server selection screen. Players may now make Chat bubbles above there head selling themselves to a party or recruiting! giving the social tavern even more meaning!

Matchmaking has been fixed Players may now search through active games.

Playerverse has been expanded Ps4 players may now play with PC. There is 100% no connection issues or anything of the sort

Game has been balanced so EXP and DIfficulty scales on selection of hero deck aswell as items scaling off highest hero in deck
Best loot can drop from normal but has a far higher chance on Nm with far more loot. We have braught back finding more loot with more players to again bring co-op back into the game.

All items and passives have been reworked, passive line has now been extended into a tree!
Functional item passives have been moved to spheres.

All towers have been reworked and readjusted not just to balance and make all equal but cost for efficiency/effectiveness

We have installed a new anti macro system called "Boredom" anyone caught macroing may be banned

Temporary paragon system has been added (If this were to be removed you will be rewarded based on level)

@In.Session quote:

Yeah.. uhh keep reading those hearthstone reddits .. that childs card game gold stale a long time ago, its where lazy streamers go to get popular (once they learn to play someone elses deck)

Dream patch notes.
All bugs squashed.

Servers stable.

nm1-4 has been removed and now only consists of nm.

We have made multiple social taverns that also work as a server selection screen. Players may now make Chat bubbles above there head selling themselves to a party or recruiting! giving the social tavern even more meaning!

Matchmaking has been fixed Players may now search through active games.

Playerverse has been expanded Ps4 players may now play with PC. There is 100% no connection issues or anything of the sort

Game has been balanced so EXP and DIfficulty scales on selection of hero deck aswell as items scaling off highest hero in deck
Best loot can drop from normal but has a far higher chance on Nm with far more loot. We have braught back finding more loot with more players to again bring co-op back into the game.

All items and passives have been reworked, passive line has now been extended into a tree!
Functional item passives have been moved to spheres.

All towers have been reworked and readjusted not just to balance and make all equal but cost for efficiency/effectiveness

We have installed a new anti macro system called "Boredom" anyone caught macroing may be banned

Temporary paragon system has been added (If this were to be removed you will be rewarded based on level)

EXP is a great thing to bring up! It took me a Very long time to level up the 8 heroes I have! BUT on another topic! Gold scaling, I'm sorry but I don't want to sit on the literal easiest difficulty to farm gold.. It needs to scale with difficulty, and honestly 100-130 gold per item on nm4 is nothing, it needs to scale better, because if I can make 100k gold in like 10 minutes on a low tier Easy mode, then I should be able to make AT LEAST that much playing NM4, also, 1 Gold per enemy killed is a bit much. This also needs to scale far better, because some of the gold passives you guys have made in the past have made 0 sense to me. Because 20% increased gold dropped from enemies that drop only 1 gold is naturally STILL going to be one.. Because rounding to the lowest would naturally have to be higher than 50% gold find to even get a measly 2 gold, and in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time finding gold find gear that only increases the gold drops from enemies by 1 gold. A higher tier gold scaling system needs to be implemented. I've been waiting on a gold scaling system for what feels like the beginning of the pre-alpha, because I was just wondering how it makes sense to get like 1 gold per enemy killed. This needs to happen soon though, because giving players the option to farm easy to beat the game isn't very fun.

A level cap increase would kill the game. They don't have the content to do that. From level 20-25+ there is no new content. Just rehashed maps with new rules, restrictions and the carnival, That's fine but, if you think you can just increase the level cap further by 10 or so levels and add 1-3 new areas, you are seriously mistaken. They need to add content. After the campaign the only new mechanic is in incursion but, even then there is little to no point in doing it, same with onslaught. Before moving forward they need to fix the current flaws in gameplay. I'd be extremely disappointed if they add any levels.

@pmasher quote:

I love this thread. I think it'd be awesome if someone started a dream patch notes thread. Kinda like this.

Tempering expectations, we are working on a TON of gameplay changes but I don't think many of them are going to reach this next patch. Right now we're aggressively playtesting the complete strategic re-balance that Steven and Brett are working on, which I hope to play for you guys on the next devstream.

I don't understand why leveling is bad??

In older games the character levels would follow the flow of the game.

In a lot of newer games its like grinding levels is a tedious task that somewhat blocks you and the end game content.

Anyone ever played the old PSO/PSU games?

You could do the end game stuff at around level 70 but max level was 200, which mean we would always had a little reward for keeping playing by getting a level up every now and then even after beating the "end game" boss a hundred times.

It took so much exp to gain 1 level past lvl 50 (days and even over a week) and it didn't feel like grinding at all because we didn't need to be caped for end game.

After 2 years none of my characters were lvl 200.   XD

Also by making a huge level cap like that, even after an extension/DLC, you pretty much never have to raise it since its already way to high for the main game.

Btw PSO/PSU was a game similar to this with a social hub, get a party, choose a map and beat the crap out of everything.